ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 20 august 2011, ko: 12:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:00 pm

good win and another good performance from enrique and downing.
4 pts from 2 games and top of the prem even if it is only for a couple of hours but the most important thing is that we are keeping pace.
cmon the reds!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:01 pm

haps wrote:
only me wrote:
only me wrote:Suarez for downing? ???? OK Kenny has lost it as well.

oky my bad Suarez for Carrol ,but why take a striker out when they are down to 10 men?? not clear at all

well not to you because you are the most knee-jerk, impatient, uninformed poster ever to grace these forums.  I can't stand this forum most of the time now because of people like you who haven't a clue about football.  Literally, not a clue.  And you question the football wisdom of Kenny Dalglish?  I feckin despair.

That's to be expected from him... :talktothehand
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Good result but poor performance.

Arsenal was :censored: with the exception of vermaelen and Scezeny(?).

Meireles and Suarez changed the game and should both start our next game.

Motm for me was Enrique or Lucas.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:04 pm

mart wrote:Good result but poor performance.

Arsenal was :censored: with the exception of vermaelen and Scezeny(?).

Meireles and Suarez changed the game and should both start our next game.

Motm for me was Enrique or Lucas.

Poor performance?

Not at all, it was a comfortable performance, better possession and better attempts on goal but not the best in terms of dominating the game.

The Arsenal team looked way out of depth
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:05 pm

What happened to Gary Neville? is he sick or what? why is he praising us?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:07 pm

I wouldnt say poor performance considering it was away performance and despite their recent woes its still Arsenal

Also considering amount of new personnel in our starting eleven for me it was job well done.

With exception that Swerve sub could have come 10 minutes earlier for me as well :)
Last edited by laza on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:09 pm

laza wrote:With exception that Swerve sub could have come 10 minutes earlier for me as well :)

:nod

We looked to be running out of ideas by about the 55 minute mark and Arsenal were starting to build momentum.  I was pleading for Kenny to bring on Luis but I guess he couldn't hear me through the dodgy internet feed. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Zidane » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Bob mentioned it earlier but you have to give a ton of credit to Vermeilen, he was fantastic but in the end the kid he was playing alongside was exposed.
Zidane

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:13 pm

I actually felt kind of sorry for beating Arsenal like this. They had half of their squad suspended or injured, had a defender injured in game and had a player sent off. Not to forget, on top of that, they scored a ridicules own goal. I think we were very lucky, but then again, how many times were we unlucky and had refs decisions against us in the past years when we played against Arsenal?

Anyway, I think we put in a decent performance aswell. The only players that I didn't like today were Carroll, Kuyt and Henderson. Kenny did a smart move taking Carroll and Kuyt off, though I don't understand all that faith in Hendo.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby BKrimmel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:14 pm

BKrimmel wrote:Henderson looked tired by the 40th minute. Downing slowed too. Kuyt still running hard Carroll as well. Lucas took a bit to get going and Adam had a so-so half. Think we should have scored, but couldn't find the right chance. With the right mood second half we should score two and get the game. Not going to get a better chance to win at Arsenal than with the squad they are putting out there. number 26 for them will be sent off by the 70th minute at the latest. Gotta get the first goal though.

no kudos for that second yellow call? ??? anybody? ???? down to the minute.
The View of Liverpool from an American Supporter
BKrimmel

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Have to say Enrique didn't give Walcott any change - he looks a very useful player, good signing.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:19 pm

I actually felt kind of sorry for beating Arsenal like this.

feck em.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Enrique my MOTM as well.  I didn't think Lucas did as well as some give credit.  He was struggling in the midfield, especially earlier on when Adam was making a  lot of mistakes.  He did finish well tho and put some great tackles in.  Downing did die off a bit at the end, but I think that's because we no longer needed him to look at giving Carroll a perfect ball every time.  I still love his runs tho, he really likes to run at the defenders and it was causing them a lot of problems.

Hendo shouldn't be starting right now, I think that's pretty clear.  I think it's pretty clear Meireles should be starting as well.

Right now Enrique, Suarez and Downing are the top 3 leaders of lfc.tv for MOTM.  Those are the 3 Liverpool players I have on my fantasy team :cool:
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Have to say Enrique didn't give Walcott any change - he looks a very useful player, good signing.

Walcott depends on his speed, and so does Enrique.  Enrique turned Walcott to nothing.  I was really surprised how often they kept trying to attack down our left side.. It made no sense at all.  Enrique won every time.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Have to say Enrique didn't give Walcott any change - he looks a very useful player, good signing.

Walcott is a mediocre player, he relies on his pace to get past players and he has no final ball. Still, people seem to rate him. Every time he goes against a strong fast full back he never shines, I wasn't surprised Enrique had him in the back pocket all game
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games