ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 17 April 2011 16.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:35 pm

gotta say if u go into a game against a top 4 side missin ur inspirational captain, one of our better centre halves, ur original and second choice right backs....lose ur main left back partway thru the first half and ur stand in captain during the second before deciding to not risk an obviously injured centre forward any further so subbing him as well i think you'd settle for a draw!!!! :p  what i will say is if you had to do that then you'd wanna be playing against a team that continually tries to score the perfect goal as well. Our defence played out their skins today, and with a little more luck (and possibly a little less selfish play but i'm not gonna slate Suarez for WANTING to score) we could actually have won that game.
futures bright if this is the future, and we can always pray for a miracle this season too....
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:40 pm

just got back from the game...it was great, you know even if we had lost that game i would still say how great the game was, we looked a team before we had to make changes....but we still looked a team after the changes.
great to see Kenny at the end of the game give that old  guy some stick. hered on the news kenny told him to p1ss off pmsl great, going tp put in on sky now.

got to thank the gooners for the 96 Banner they held up.

Carr looked in a bad way and you could hear the heads hit from where is was, someone said that he also went into shock and after being taken off the pitch, not sure how true it was but i was with the gooner fans. :(

anyway one of the best games i have been to in sometime due to us looking strong.
well done lads
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Those young kids not looking out of place was the highlight of the day not Kuyts leveller. Talking of added time I once attended a NW Counties game when after a scuffle or two the ref banged on 20 mins added time first half, was incredible. Was such a farce I thought they where just playing right through at one point  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Very happy to see Flanagan and Robinson doing well today, I thought they were going to get ripped apart, boy I was wrong.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:50 pm

tubby wrote:Just got back. Shattered... buzzing at the end. Suarez should have put us ahead earlier when he was through though on his left foot.

Anyway what an end to the game! Wenger is such a sore loser, Kenny was right to tell him to :censored: off. No wonder they bottle it. Any news on Carra? Another good game for Flano and was great to see Jonjo back. :cool:

Pepe MOM for me.

should have said you was going mate and would have met up with you for a drink before the game.

think thats was my last game of the season today so we will have top do it next time.

great game and fun to give their fans a bit of stick after, got to say they all took it well and said that at the end of the day it was the right result as we looked so strong at the back and they did not have many shots.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:57 pm

lakes10 wrote:
tubby wrote:Just got back. Shattered... buzzing at the end. Suarez should have put us ahead earlier when he was through though on his left foot.

Anyway what an end to the game! Wenger is such a sore loser, Kenny was right to tell him to :censored: off. No wonder they bottle it. Any news on Carra? Another good game for Flano and was great to see Jonjo back. :cool:

Pepe MOM for me.

should have said you was going mate and would have met up with you for a drink before the game.

think thats was my last game of the season today so we will have top do it next time.

great game and fun to give their fans a bit of stick after, got to say they all took it well and said that at the end of the day it was the right result as we looked so strong at the back and they did not have many shots.

Yeah sorry mate, will give you a buzz next time. Was going to go Fulham but that's off now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:01 pm

just been reading on twitter, carragher became conscious again and wanted to go back to the pitch, the medical staff told him he was subbed off... LEGEND :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:03 pm

metalhead wrote:just been reading on twitter, carragher became conscious again and wanted to go back to the pitch, the medical staff told him he was subbed off... LEGEND :D

Still managed to get out there to celebrate with the lads at the final whistle, though.  Tough as nails is our Carra.  :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Absolutely chuffed with how the lads played today. Passion, determination and spirit. I actually thought we were unfortunate now to win. For me we were denied a penalty when Spearing was fouled and Suarez was a tad selfish when players were free in the box

Everything they had technically we matched with pure grit and passion - that epitomises our club and I was delighted to see their efforts today, even if we lost I was proud as fook of our lads today

Quick words for Flanagan and Robinson - such young players and both did fantastically well - Robinson was tight to Walcott and dealt with the danger really well. Basic, but effective and very well carried out, plus he had to soak up the occasion when Fabio went off. Hats off to them two

And Spearing, hounded the sh!t out of their lot today, when he lost the ball halfway in the Arsenal half he chased back into our half and won the ball back, top drawer lad :cool:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Have to admit, our young players are better than I thought. I thought we only had Martin Kelly and the rest were meh ! But alas we really do have some good young lads coming through. Robinson looked fantastic against Walcott. Matched him for speed and his tackles were spot on. Flanagan, had a good game against city but questions were raised as they didnt really challenge him enough, today though he was and he came through. And Jay Spearing, I havent been convinced but the last couple of games he has stepped up to the challenge.

Our young lads arent so bad after all.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Just saw the replay on MOTD of Carra being caught. HE was out before he even hit the floor. Hope he is ok.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:28 pm

the commentary said he was consious and having a laugh during the match :D

He also came out to celebrate with the boys. I'm still buzzing tbh. It was only a draw yeh but the spirit we showed was something else, cant wait to see the squad having a bit of local flavour, its fantastic to see

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:58 pm

any news on Carroll or Aurelio by the way? Carroll's looked nasty even though he came back on for a bit and Aurelio...well I think I know how that one's gonna go :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:11 am

Kharhaz wrote:Have to admit, our young players are better than I thought. I thought we only had Martin Kelly and the rest were meh ! But alas we really do have some good young lads coming through. Robinson looked fantastic against Walcott. Matched him for speed and his tackles were spot on. Flanagan, had a good game against city but questions were raised as they didnt really challenge him enough, today though he was and he came through. And Jay Spearing, I havent been convinced but the last couple of games he has stepped up to the challenge.

It just shows that if the manager puts his faith in them they can repay that faith ten fold.
It was great to see KK standing with young Robinson on the touchline having a laugh and a joke whilst Aurelio was leaving the pitch. Small things like that will no doubt have put Robinson's nerves at ease as he entered the biggest game of his fledgling career.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:24 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Have to admit, our young players are better than I thought. I thought we only had Martin Kelly and the rest were meh ! But alas we really do have some good young lads coming through. Robinson looked fantastic against Walcott. Matched him for speed and his tackles were spot on. Flanagan, had a good game against city but questions were raised as they didnt really challenge him enough, today though he was and he came through. And Jay Spearing, I havent been convinced but the last couple of games he has stepped up to the challenge.

It just shows that if the manager puts his faith in them they can repay that faith ten fold.
It was great to see KK standing with young Robinson on the touchline having a laugh and a joke whilst Aurelio was leaving the pitch. Small things like that will no doubt have put Robinson's nerves at ease as he entered the biggest game of his fledgling career.

Absolutely. When Flanagan took Caragher out the game, Kenny was straight there to tell the kid it wasnt his fault.

On Robinson though, I would seriously consider making him our cover for next season. Yes he is only 17, and he has only played one game, but he looks really good. He should be considered.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games