ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 20 august 2011, ko: 12:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:42 pm

metalhead wrote:
tubby wrote:We didn't play perfectly? What? How dare we not play perfectly on only the 2nd game of the season when this set of players have played together for all of 1 month. I mean after 1 month they should be near telpathic right? It's scandalous I tell you. :D

its blasphemy.. :no

So we'd prefer 50 odd replies all saying

"Yeah, perfect, lets not change a thing, everyone did everything 100% right"

You guys make me chuckle  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Daws the amount of negativity on here is astonishing! FFS we played 2 games and won against Arsenal. It wasn't perfect a performance, but do you expect to dominate Arsenal at the Emirates? when did a side ever do that? so what if they had youngsters in the team, the Arsenal team had Walcott, Arshavin, Nasri, Van Persie and Varmaleen all starting!  remember last season when we were in the same situation at the Emirates and had to play two young full backs in defense? we also had a lot of key players out injured and no squad in depth and a sh!tty bench but we still managed to draw.

Even the Mancs won a lot of games ugly, coming up with late winners and uninspiring performances.

stop b!tching and moaning and watch Liverpool rise :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:05 pm

metalhead wrote:Daws the amount of negativity on here is astonishing! FFS we played 2 games and won against Arsenal. It wasn't perfect a performance, but do you expect to dominate Arsenal at the Emirates? when did a side ever do that? so what if they had youngsters in the team, the Arsenal team had Walcott, Arshavin, Nasri, Van Persie and Varmaleen all starting!  remember last season when we were in the same situation at the Emirates and had to play two young full backs in defense? we also had a lot of key players out injured and no squad in depth and a sh!tty bench but we still managed to draw.

Even the Mancs won a lot of games ugly, coming up with late winners and uninspiring performances.

Bloody Rose Coloured Happy Clapper

:buttrock   Awesome   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

7_Kewell wrote:we were unlucky not to win against Blunderland too.....

that's cause i didn't start the match thread  :p
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Well i was impressed by the lot of them . 2-0 away to arsenal in anyone's book has got to be good . We bossed the game completely .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:39 pm

If you believe the press our 2-0 victory was all about Arsenal's lack of strength in depth and no credit can be given to Liverpool for their first victory away to Arsenal in 10 seasons (But it has to be said we drew around half of the last 10 games played at either Highbury or the Emirates I'd wager we have drawn about half !)

The reality however is somewhat different and we were well worth our win with what amounts to a team of relative strangers when you consider how much playing time they have had. It craws me to read the press reports these days especially when they report we have spent 100M plus without mentioning that 50M of that was covered by the Torres sale (Why don't the press talk about the waste of Chelsea's money on him rather than condemn Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing etc .....before they have even learnt to pronounce each others names !

Arsenal are a team in turmoil and uncertainty that's for sure but I wish the press would stop using that as ammunition rather than give credit to their opposition.

We went there in April with a team of kids and got a draw against what was at the time a title chasing side and received very little credit. We add strength to the squad over the summer and still get no credit. If United or Chelsea did what we did yesterday no doubt SKY would be spunking themselves with praise ! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Dalglish wrote:If you believe the press our 2-0 victory was all about Arsenal's lack of strength in depth and no credit can be given to Liverpool for their first victory away to Arsenal in 10 seasons (But it has to be said we drew around half of the last 10 games played at either Highbury or the Emirates I'd wager we have drawn about half !)

The reality however is somewhat different and we were well worth our win with what amounts to a team of relative strangers when you consider how much playing time they have had. It craws me to read the press reports these days especially when they report we have spent 100M plus without mentioning that 50M of that was covered by the Torres sale (Why don't the press talk about the waste of Chelsea's money on him rather than condemn Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing etc .....before they have even learnt to pronounce each others names !

Arsenal are a team in turmoil and uncertainty that's for sure but I wish the press would stop using that as ammunition rather than give credit to their opposition.

We went there in April with a team of kids and got a draw against what was at the time a title chasing side and received very little credit. We add strength to the squad over the summer and still get no credit. If United or Chelsea did what we did yesterday no doubt SKY would be spunking themselves with praise ! ???

:bowdown

spot on mate, even some of our own don't give credit where its due, I'm surprised!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 pm

laza wrote:
metalhead wrote:Daws the amount of negativity on here is astonishing! FFS we played 2 games and won against Arsenal. It wasn't perfect a performance, but do you expect to dominate Arsenal at the Emirates? when did a side ever do that? so what if they had youngsters in the team, the Arsenal team had Walcott, Arshavin, Nasri, Van Persie and Varmaleen all starting!  remember last season when we were in the same situation at the Emirates and had to play two young full backs in defense? we also had a lot of key players out injured and no squad in depth and a sh!tty bench but we still managed to draw.

Bloody Rose Coloured Happy Clapper

:buttrock   Awesome   :D

hell yeh!!! brown nerd happy clapper :D

I feel like a fool writing my team off before the game started, but I'm damn happy that we won and I won't let negativity get in the way! Kenny Dalglish is one of those managers who won't let his players get carried away and he knows how to keep the run of confidence going :nod
Last edited by metalhead on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:33 pm

To be honest the first 70 minutes I was ok with how things were going.  Not happy, but I wasn't p!ssed or anything.  The last 20 minutes tho were incredible.  We played very well, and playing like that we could be anybody.  Now you have to look at it realistically and admit Arsenal were down on their luck and they were only playing with 10, but it doesn't change the fact that we fully deserved to win that game throughout.

We have to be happy and optimistic about the game and the fact that we won, outplayed them and out-possesed them, but we have to be realistic and see that there is still plenty of work to do before we can comfortably say that we can beat certain teams and hold our own against others.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby crim cram » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 am

away from home you take the three points no questions asked and against a big side you do a little dance to go with it - end of. :cool:
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:57 am

I thought we did well on saturday, and 4 points from 6 is a nice enough start. I think all players did well.

Gotta say...the negative attitude and moaning is baffling to me. We win 2-0 at the Emirates and still people complain. But then that's forum life right? We moan because we have a forum to moan on. They're just little moans but due to the black and white text effect it seems like more than it is.

I think Henderson looked ok. Both he and Carroll need to build up their confidence. Carroll is big and the role he's playing requires a lot of agression, and with the whistle happy refs we've had in the first two matches it's not easy for him to do.

Agger and Carra were both solid. The fullbacks were our best players for me. Downing too is impressive.

Keep smiling people  :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:13 am

Can person smile and be happy with the win and at the same time point out he's concerned with the system when Carroll plays?

You would think from all the accusations on here that when one posts a critical comment that person's a very unhappy person...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Well.. not read comments by respected and not-so respected 'posters' :D

That was a fab performance.. so much possession and the killer instinct at the end.. Suarez... what a star !

Some really solid performances, no-doubt you have all alluded to. All played well and we looked so solid as a unit, some really good pass and move ... moves

Last week against sunderland we should have won.. this week .. a week more topgether for our new-look team.. sooooo much better!

Keep comin lads - In KK I trust!
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm

zarababe wrote:Well.. not read comments by respected and not-so respected 'posters' :D

That was a fab performance.. so much possession and the killer instinct at the end..

Loads of "respected" posters going on about the amount of possession we had, all the stats I've looked at show a difference of only 1%.

"Killer instinct at the end" ?

Poorest Arsenal side we've faced in a decade and yet with 15 mins left it looked as though it might end 0-0 . Only when they were reduced to 10 men, and one of them was "walking wounded" through cramp did we nail the win, lets not get carried away, against a side that weren't in such disarray I'm not sure we'd have taken all the points

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:24 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
zarababe wrote:Well.. not read comments by respected and not-so respected 'posters' :D

That was a fab performance.. so much possession and the killer instinct at the end..

Loads of "respected" posters going on about the amount of possession we had, all the stats I've looked at show a difference of only 1%.

"Killer instinct at the end" ?

Poorest Arsenal side we've faced in a decade and yet with 15 mins left it looked as though it might end 0-0 . Only when they were reduced to 10 men, and one of them was "walking wounded" through cramp did we nail the win, lets not get carried away, against a side that weren't in such disarray I'm not sure we'd have taken all the points

:no

You didn't even mention that the crucial first goal could easily have been flagged offside or that we got a massive stroke of luck when the Arsenal defender smacked the ball in off his teammate's face.  Bl.oody happy clapper. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games