Arsenal V Liverpool - EPL - Sunday August 14th 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:05 pm

The Premier League is back !!!! Well very nearly, let's get the build up started here on newkit with thoughts, feelings, selections in time for sunday's big kick off

With the probability that Sturridge will be out I would like us to "start" with something like this....

Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Moreno, Can, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Mane, Firmino, Coutinho.

Yes, no Origi to start the match, but to come on at around the 60 minutes mark to rip apart Arsenal's make shift defence

What are your starting selections ??
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:47 pm

I'd take that same lineup, but swap Origi for Wjnaldum- just hasn't impressed me so far, I think he needs more time. Origi seems to score every time he touches the ball, no matter the opposition.

If Milner is fit I may pick him over Moreno. I think we are significantly more stable in the back with him back there. I know it's not ideal, but I think against tougher opposition we'd benefit more from Milner.

After ripping apart Barcelona, I can't wait for this one. We've put in some genuinely good performances. Arsenal are short Koscielney, Gabriel, Mertesacker, Welbeck to name a few, so that helps. That's another reason I'd start Origi- Arsenal will be short at CB and we need to exploit that for the full 90.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:44 am

Ready for this! Let's rip these a new one! Start off with a statement of intent - full throttle football!  I wanna see them reduced to tears!

Arsnul 0 - 4 LFC (Mane, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi)

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:50 am

I think Jurgen will start with the more conservative option of Firmino up front rather than Origi.
This is the team I'd go with though, I don't think Can or Coutinho are quite up to speed yet so I'd leave them on the bench for this one, besides after Lallana and Stewart's performances against Barcelona they probably deserve to start.

Mingolet

Clyne.             Lovren.             Klavan.            Milner

Hendo.             Stewart

Lallana

Mane.                                          Firmino

Origi

However this is the team I think Jurgen will pick

Mingolet

Clyne.               Lovren.           Klavan.                Milner

Hendo.            Can

Lallana

Mane.                                              Coutinho

Firmino
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:02 am

Based on the fact we have few fit defenders.. we could try this...

Mingolet

Clyne              Klavan             Lovren                     

Mane                   Can     Hendo                  Lallana

Coutinho

Firmino      Origi

....heavy metal football anyone?  :eyebrow
killerp

Postby Eagle » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:00 pm

I think we'll line up like this. Wijnaldum doesn't look fit enough to me.

Mignolet

Clyne     Lovren     Klavan     Moreno

Can
         Lallana          Henderson

Mane          Coutinho
                    Firmino
Eagle

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Eagle » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:00 pm wrote:I think we'll line up like this. Wijnaldum doesn't look fit enough to me.

Mignolet

Clyne     Lovren     Klavan     Moreno

Can
         Lallana          Henderson

Mane          Coutinho
                    Firmino

Looks about right to me. Gini and Origi can come on and run at them at some point as well

We should be up against a makeshift centre back pairing so if we exploit that we should be ok. They'll probably be starting Sanchez up top as well
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:27 pm

First game in Epl are always tough. I feel quite confident we will get a positive result.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:54 pm

I'd be tempted to play Grujic, Can and Hendo holding but giving Hendo the opportunity to get forward. Then the three of Mane, Coutinho and Firmino.. power and pace all over! I think we'd overwhelm Arsenal who hate it when it gets physical.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:50 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:54 pm wrote:I'd be tempted to play Grujic, Can and Hendo holding but giving Hendo the opportunity to get forward. Then the three of Mane, Coutinho and Firmino.. power and pace all over! I think we'd overwhelm Arsenal who hate it when it gets physical.

Why is everyone counting on Hendo...Why did we release Allen if Hendo still starts?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Honestly no idea how it will pan out at all, Mane will start and Klavan, that aside though its last years team and feels essentially the same, no big over haul.

Basically we are relying on Klopp rather than serious player power, his training methods and tactics, motivational skill.

You can tell I am pretty sceptical but if we get off to a flying start then I am with the plan, but honestly I still this team team as winning this 4-1 or losing by the same margin Sunday, but that inconsistency wont be tolerated by fans this season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:22 pm

parchpea » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:59 pm wrote:Honestly no idea how it will pan out at all, Mane will start and Klavan, that aside though its last years team and feels essentially the same, no big over haul.

Basically we are relying on Klopp rather than serious player power, his training methods and tactics, motivational skill.

You can tell I am pretty sceptical but if we get off to a flying start then I am with the plan, but honestly I still this team team as winning this 4-1 or losing by the same margin Sunday, but that inconsistency wont be tolerated by fans this season.

At our high tempo, high pressing best we can give anyone a game but our problems tend to start the moment we allow the pace to drop, hopefully though having no European football will help us on that score. With a bit of luck we'll be able to turn up every Saturday full of energy and ready to run the legs off our opponents and if we do that then a top 4 spot is definately do-able. We demolished a lot of good teams last season but ultimately there was no way we could keep the intensity in our game given the amount of fixtures we had to play, this season though we may only have 40 games to play so I expect to see us throw the kitchen sink at teams every single week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:49 am

parchpea » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:59 pm wrote:Honestly no idea how it will pan out at all, Mane will start and Klavan, that aside though its last years team and feels essentially the same, no big over haul.

Good post Mate!
Our transfers so far are more tactical then strategic ,Players which will fit Klopp rather then game changers.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 pm

We need to give their centre halve s a lot to think about. If we focus on wearing them down we should be ok. We've got a lot of pre-season under our belts so I expect us to be in their faces from the off. We need to give this Holding lad a baptism of fire
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Attacking wise we will do fine, im just worried about Mignolet or Moreno screwing up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games