ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 20 august 2011, ko: 12:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:08 am

Really baffling seeing how critical alot of posts about players are.  We beat Arsenal... Away.. for the first time in over a decade.  Won 2-0.  Easily.  Perspective.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:20 am

Reg wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Good win... Again, not impressed with Carroll, Henderson and to a certain extent Adam... Suddenly our left side is very strong now with Enrique and downing... Enrique had some scary moments with Reina though... We need to buy another striker...

Jeez you´re negative. We have to move forward and reading other lads posts and newspaper reports you seem to be in the minority with your views.

Not being negative Reg... The reality is we can't afford to have performances like against Sunderland at home. In both games, Carroll is very static, we resort to long balls and there are no quick interchange of plays like we see when Suarez plays... Adam is very static as well and loses the ball often... Henderson is not effective but I'm willing to give him more time because he's young. It's obvious that among our recruits, only enrique and downing has improved our team. I'm not too worried about Adam's position because we have alternatives... I'm now more worried when Carroll plays...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:19 am

The Good Yank wrote:Really baffling seeing how critical alot of posts about players are.  We beat Arsenal... Away.. for the first time in over a decade.  Won 2-0.  Easily.  Perspective.

2nd that.....

Get behind the team, and reserve judgement till at least mid september.

Give the lads a chance to gel
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:44 pm

My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Bermenstein wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:Really baffling seeing how critical alot of posts about players are.  We beat Arsenal... Away.. for the first time in over a decade.  Won 2-0.  Easily.  Perspective.

2nd that.....

But the best thing about yesterday was not just the result, but the fact that we deserved it.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Bermenstein wrote:

2nd that.....

well pointing out our obvious weaknesses objectively does not necessarily equate to not "getting behind the team"...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Just because we won, don't make it a perfect game. Arsenal were all over us for some parts, and they were basically playing there kids. We were sloppy in parts, and we need to improove, but...

Kenny pulled a masterstroke, what I want to see frmo a manager. As soon as Arsenal lost a player, Kenny switched it around, and that won us the game.

We can only beat who is in front of us though, and from the 2nd half we were looking very comfortable and I haven't seen Arsenal with so little possession in recent memory. so there are definate plusses to take from this
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Its the second game of the season and over half of our team where not even Liverpool players this time last year.

We have secured 4 pts from a possible 6 and we have already played Arsenal away.

Thats pretty good, isnt it?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:49 pm

can't understanding the moaning...it's the 2nd game of the season and we're not 100% match fit yet. Add the fact our new players are still bedding in and we'll only get better as each game comes.

Good win and well deserved.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:50 pm

It's not moaning, it's just, there's no point saying we played perfectly, as that's just a lie. We need to see how to get better, or whats the point?

(Well im not moaning anyways)
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:57 pm

dawson99 wrote:It's not moaning, it's just, there's no point saying we played perfectly, as that's just a lie. We need to see how to get better, or whats the point?

sounds like a moan to me  :D

i appreciate peoples' concerns when you consider the money we've spent. But it's only the second game and we were unlucky not to win against Blunderland too.....keep the faith, we'll improve with each game.

And there's still the small matter of a certain Steven Gerrard to return
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:58 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
dawson99 wrote:It's not moaning, it's just, there's no point saying we played perfectly, as that's just a lie. We need to see how to get better, or whats the point?

sounds like a moan to me  :D

i appreciate peoples' concerns when you consider the money we've spent. But it's only the second game and we were unlucky not to win against Blunderland too.....keep the faith, we'll improve with each game.

And there's still the small matter of a certain Steven Gerrard to return

I'm starting to think thats more of an if than a when

but a great result, winning away at Arsenal, not something done every day
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:14 pm

we beat Arsenal AWAY for the first time, and the only team to have more possession at the Emirates and people are still negative  ???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:17 pm

We didn't play perfectly? What? How dare we not play perfectly on only the 2nd game of the season when this set of players have played together for all of 1 month. I mean after 1 month they should be near telpathic right? It's scandalous I tell you. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:22 pm

tubby wrote:We didn't play perfectly? What? How dare we not play perfectly on only the 2nd game of the season when this set of players have played together for all of 1 month. I mean after 1 month they should be near telpathic right? It's scandalous I tell you. :D

its blasphemy.. :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games