ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 17 April 2011 16.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:27 pm

burjennio wrote:Like Kenny said what a performance from those 2 young lads at left and right back. Didnt do anything wrong all day, even when Carra went off.

Pepe only really made 2 decent saves in the whole game, they play pretty football but they dont carve opponents open the way Barca do.

Disagree with you mate.

Pepe was everywhere the whole game.  It wasn't just the dead-on saves he made like the RVP one, but his anticipation on a lot of the crosses really saved us.  He came out and put a lot of pressure on the strikers, caught a lot of the free kicks and crosses and I thought he played fantastically. 

Not to mention his distribution was way better than many other players on the pitch.  Started a lot of counter attacks.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:28 pm

ethanr wrote:
burjennio wrote:Like Kenny said what a performance from those 2 young lads at left and right back. Didnt do anything wrong all day, even when Carra went off.

Pepe only really made 2 decent saves in the whole game, they play pretty football but they dont carve opponents open the way Barca do.

Disagree with you mate.

Pepe was everywhere the whole game.  It wasn't just the dead-on saves he made like the RVP one, but his anticipation on a lot of the crosses really saved us.  He came out and put a lot of pressure on the strikers, caught a lot of the free kicks and crosses and I thought he played fantastically. 

Not to mention his distribution was way better than many other players on the pitch.  Started a lot of counter attacks.

dude he meant that Pepe had nothing much to do :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:36 pm

ethanr wrote:Skrtel played well, but Reina has to be MOTM

If MOTM was given for only the 2nd half. He wasn't great in the first half.

Still, candidates are thin on the ground if we have to take BOTH halves into account.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:43 pm

missed Kennys interview has anyone got the link?
roberto green

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 pm

We have another record....

Dirk Kuyt's goal was the latest ever recorded goal in the history of the premier league.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Spearing and lucas were my men of the match, Kenny will save our club millions in the transfer market owners take note.
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:47 pm

The_Rock wrote:We have another record....

Dirk Kuyt's goal was the latest ever recorded goal in the history of the premier league.

Even with Fegies famous added on time....

That must be good then.

:laugh:
roberto green

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Hahaha...Wenger can just f.uck off.  The extra-extra time was a result of their goal celebration, with RVP taking the shirt off and earning a booking to add to the time added on.  They then got away with a FK instead of a PK, as Lucas was felled while straddling the box.  And then Eboue bundled Kuyt over as clear as day.  Stonewall penalty and we got the draw we deserved after working our socks off all match.  Pity it hands Man U the title but counting on Arsenal to hold their nerve and pip them for the trophy was always going to be a non-starter.  Good match.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Raoul wrote:
ethanr wrote:Skrtel played well, but Reina has to be MOTM

If MOTM was given for only the 2nd half. He wasn't great in the first half.

Still, candidates are thin on the ground if we have to take BOTH halves into account.

Only players that looked decent were Spearing and Reina ,I also really start to like this Flangan boy (even if he sent Cara to the hospital) ,Ronbinson also looked lively...The Rest oh well not wort mentioning. Suarez was quite selfish today i guess it's because he barely touched the ball but still could have set other player in front of goal....

Both Team were rather poor ,i really feel for Wenger he does everything ok but just can't get his team to finish...Excellent four play kinda a guy but just can't follow to the end..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Just got back. Shattered... buzzing at the end. Suarez should have put us ahead earlier when he was through though on his left foot.

Anyway what an end to the game! Wenger is such a sore loser, Kenny was right to tell him to :censored: off. No wonder they bottle it. Any news on Carra? Another good game for Flano and was great to see Jonjo back. :cool:

Pepe MOM for me.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feugo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:58 pm

guys any news on Jamie Carragher? is he ok?

http://cosbysweaters.com/2011....arsenal
En taro tassadar!

ImageImage
Feugo

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:07 pm

metalhead wrote:
ethanr wrote:

Disagree with you mate.

dude he meant that Pepe had nothing much to do :D

I know.  I was disagreeing  :D

Pepe had to be on his toes the entire game.  First half he had one little shaky moment, but other than that I thought he made a handful of really experienced intelligent decisions that stopped the play.  It wasn't only the shots he stopped, it was all the crosses he stopped as well.  He anticipated certain moments really well that, if he hadn't would have turned into very promising opportunities for Arsenal.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Hilarious finish to the game with our late late penalty! Am still chuckling about it now!

Good performance from the lads today. Given that we lost Carra and had two academy lads playing in only their 2nd ever senior match it was an excellent performance defensively.

I thought our back four + Reina and young Spearing were outstanding.

So so impressed with John Flanagan again today. Early signs suggest we've got a cracking little player here.
Last edited by Scottbot on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:21 pm

I was honestly thinking at first Spearing you idiot. But then a minute later.

:laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Man of the match for me was  Lucas ,he was precise in his passing of the ball ,and broke up most of Arsenals play ....
Robinson was superb for such a young player and Flanagan as well ,both have great futures in the game ..... Dalglish is slowly putting his unmistakeable mark on this young team ,every player ran till their respective ankles ballooned  ....it all bodes well for the foreseeable future
THE PASSION IS BACK  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games