EXETER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 24 august 2011, ko: 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:35 pm

like shelvey for me probaly wont make it, but shows more promise than henderson

just the way he moves, his technique, he tries things

hendo is average in all departments, very worrying.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby NorfolkRed » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Of course many of the experts on here consider players such as Lucas and Kuyt to be mediocre and not worthy of a start yet a string of managers both domestic and international see it differently.Might be something in this coaching lark.....
NorfolkRed

Postby jimmy brighton » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 pm

I see what it is now. No one can have a dig at Lucas any more so the haters out there have found a new scapegoat in Henderson :D
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Oh, and Lucas and Kuyt has many trophies in their looker to show for it...

And having a player like Kuyt can be useful in many games.
But not too many of them...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:I see what it is now. No one can have a dig at Lucas any more so the haters out there have found a new scapegoat in Henderson :D

We still have Poulsen. I blame him. It would be 9-0 if he was playing.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Credit to Exeter, they are a good team and have put in a decent performance. If we didnt play as many regulars as we did, we could easily have struggled in this match.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 pm

3-1 final, KK trying to build some team chemistry.  Needed given all the new faces.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Pretty pleased with the performance (except Skirtels fuk up). Decent result. Pity about some of the posters remarks on here though :D
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Job done...next.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:43 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:Pretty pleased with the performance (except Skirtels fuk up). Decent result. Pity about some of the posters remarks on here though :D

Hey, we won! We can't moan about losing. Gotta moan about something!

Was a good result. All the jabbing, biting, poking, moaning...what's it for? This is a great season so far! And to say we're not really on fire yet is good news!

MoM for me...Suarez of course.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby only me » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:44 pm

No need to jump to judgment on Hendo. He has to find his place on the pitch and turn it down a notch ,he is trying too much and it is clear he isn't focused.

The game itself ,no real heroes overall comfertable win ,pressing them high proved affective enough. Hendo and Adam were poor ,Maxi and Suarez were the better ones.

How did Meireles injured himself god knows.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Glad to see Carroll on the scoresheet.  Hopefully he can build on that.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Zidane wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Zidane wrote:Skrtel, Suarez, Carroll and Maxi all had really good games today.  Everyone else was hit and miss, Spearing was above average.  No one was poor if anyone says someone was poor this game they need their heads examined.  We're up 3-0 and pretty much everyone played a part in it, except maybe Adam but he hasn't done much wrong either.

:sleep

What do you want a fcking medal for being blind about the fact that Henderson had a poor game ?

Quit being deluded, we'll never improve if we're constantly content with mediocrity..

Enlighten me as to how he had a bad game?  He setup a goal, yeah he could have done better on a few occassions but the same can be said about every single player at one point or another.  Yeah he wasn't brilliant or amazing but was Adam?  Did Adam do ANYTHING all game long that is worth mentioning?  Why is no one on his back?

If you cant see it then I dont think me answering your question will serve any purpose . For what it's worth, Adam in his new role is also average at best imo..

But by all means do carry on with your clueless tripe, fck common sense
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Common sense says Henderson has just turned 21, is a timid lad from the looks of it, and uncertain of himself yet he managed to setup a goal and almost got himself a penalty with a fantastic turn.  If that is poor than what exactly are our expectations here?  Mediocrity is Joe Cole, Paul Konchesky and Brad Jones.  He will become a much better player but will never escape the criticism he's getting right now until he regularly starts in a title winning side, world cup winning side, or scores 5 goals in a season.  Who knows, maybe he'll end up taking care of 2/3 of those this year. :D

No, but really..  I'll leave it at that and agree to disagree.  He's very young but has shown signs of being a good all around player.  He may never be particularly special at anything, but neither is Lucas and he's been more than good enough for us.  To me it looks like he's well aware of his price tag and the expectations that have come with it and it has been effecting him to some extent.  He seems to take doing the wrong thing very hard right now.  His head hangs, pretty pathetically I might add, when his teammates give him stick about something and Kenny insisting to give him games right now is very crucial in his development.  Kenny surely notices these small things and is doing his best to try to keep him working hard and believing in himself.  The penalty on another day could have been given, he obviously dived but he had the defender beat and there was minimal contact.  I wonder if people would be saying the same things if he were to have won the pen.
Zidane

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Zidane wrote:Common sense says Henderson has just turned 21, is a timid lad from the looks of it, and uncertain of himself yet he managed to setup a goal and almost got himself a penalty with a fantastic turn.  If that is poor than what exactly are our expectations here?  Mediocrity is Joe Cole, Paul Konchesky and Brad Jones.  He will become a much better player but will never escape the criticism he's getting right now until he regularly starts in a title winning side, world cup winning side, or scores 5 goals in a season.  Who knows, maybe he'll end up taking care of 2/3 of those this year. :D

No, but really..  I'll leave it at that and agree to disagree.  He's very young but has shown signs of being a good all around player.  He may never be particularly special at anything, but neither is Lucas and he's been more than good enough for us.  To me it looks like he's well aware of his price tag and the expectations that have come with it and it has been effecting him to some extent.  He seems to take doing the wrong thing very hard right now.  His head hangs, pretty pathetically I might add, when his teammates give him stick about something and Kenny insisting to give him games right now is very crucial in his development.  Kenny surely notices these small things and is doing his best to try to keep him working hard and believing in himself.  The penalty on another day could have been given, he obviously dived but he had the defender beat and there was minimal contact.  I wonder if people would be saying the same things if he were to have won the pen.

Exactly. Henderson is a young lad who has just moved from his boyhood club to a new team and new area. He needs time to adapt.

I give up arguing with these imbeciles.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games