Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:52 pm

TREMENDOUS DRAW!
The team played outstanding...
35 to go!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Could have won it but could have lost it as well. A bit disappointed but got to admit it's a fair result. Would have taken a draw before the game anyway.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Great point gained. Should scored in the first half however im happy with this point.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:54 pm

I think a draw is better for us than them so I guess I'll take it. BR shouldn't have taken off firmino. The 1st half line up is probably our strongest line up except for maybe gomez. Would have played Moreno instead.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:56 pm

maguskwt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:54 pm wrote:I think a draw is better for us than them so I guess I'll take it. BR shouldn't have taken off firmino. The 1st half line up is probably our strongest line up except for maybe gomez. Would have played Moreno instead.

A half fit Firmino is twice the player Ibe is. He's not ready for this level and I'd have Markovic in the team over him.

However, for 45 mins at least, we looked like the team of two seasons ago. Passion, energy and domination all over the pitch. Big Ben looks good, but got isolated towards the end. Can't wait to see him play alongside Sturridge.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Good result that, a draw away at Arsenal is certainly not going to sink our season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Firmino was really feeling the pace at 60 min mark, it was a good time for the sub after the work he'd pit in. Markovic would have been a better option to Ibe but he's being over looked.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:36 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:16 pm wrote:Firmino was really feeling the pace at 60 min mark, it was a good time for the sub after the work he'd pit in. Markovic would have been a better option to Ibe but he's being over looked.

Agreed, Firmino and Lucas played really well but they ran out of steam on the hour mark which is understandable given their lack of game time and the intensity of the match.
Ibe is going to be a top player but he's going through an iffy spell atm (as young players do) and Markovic would have been the better option.
I'd actually quite like to see Lazar line up with Coutinho and Firmino as part of an attacking 3 behind Benteke, that has the potential to be something special imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:41 pm

That was a well earned point.
A bit fortunate again to not be one down but credit to the lads they held up well and showed they can be hard to beat. Away at the emirates and its a good result.
Coutinho again showed what a fantastic player he is but its worrying that it all goes through him. Thought benteke was good but he is going to need better service than that.
A win against west ham on Saturday just before the break will have been a fantastic start to the season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:33 pm

Lucas did well in Dm position. I still feel we should keep him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:46 am

I think it was a good result and praise needs to go to Rodgers for stifling Arsenal's movement in the 1st half.

Coutinho was desperately unlucky to hit the bar twice and was our best player......again.

As some of you have already picked up we dropped off as soon as Lucas and Firmino ran out of steam and as a result looked shaky in the last 20 minutes.

Ibe's contribution was average and he let down the team on a number of occasions with his poor decision making. Yes I know he is very young but the lad needs to start improving if he wants to carve out a place of his own in the starting XI. I think he has potential but needs to show much, much more.

I agree with Yaks, time to give Markovic a run and see whether he has it playing alongside Bens, Firms and Couts.
Last edited by eds on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:59 am

Good to hear positive comments coming put of the game, seems Lovren may have finally found some form, Welcome!

Concerning Markovic, BR's been willing to give lads a chance, the new full backs being the best examples + the likes of Ibe. I can only imagine he's not showing enough signs on the practice ground to deserve a place - the coaching staff seem to be fairly on the ball at the mo.

So praise from all quarters - despite Arsenal having 64% possession..... how did we get outplayed with just 36% of the ball when we dominated the first half?

Onwards and upwards, well done lads.  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:25 am

Our defence were outstanding tonight but in the 2nd half we defended much too deep. Coutiniho is our new Suarez so next summer expect Madrid or Barca to come calling and if they do tell them to fook right off
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:30 am

Excellent first half with our high pressing game. 2nd half we decided to drop deeper and look for the counter and seemed to lose the battles across the pitch. Impressive performances from most of our players. I'll highlight Lucas, Gomez and Skrtel who I thought handled their roles very well. Draw is a fair and decent result.

Our next 6 games are WHM, mun, NOR, AVL, eve, tot. We should be aiming for 13+ points from these games.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:57 am

Back from my hols in time to catch the game.

As others have said would have settled for a point before the kick off BUT given how gash their defence was in the first half slightly disappointed we didn't come away with the win.

Not sure what has happened to Ibe, he's not showing the ability he displayed in some of last seasons performances but overall a good all round team performance, special nod to Coutinho and Clyne who were excellent.

7 points from a possible 9 is perhaps 2 or 3 more than many of us expected from our three opening games, encouraging stuff    :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games