EXETER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 24 august 2011, ko: 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:30 pm

as i said on another thread...3 games in and we're writing players off?

FFS, either grow up or go support Man City
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Good game I guess. Was a bit surprised that we were playing such a strong squad but that was smart by Kenny. He knows that we can screw up against smaller teams plus the team still needs a bit of gelling and they shouldn't need too much rest since we're not playing in Europe so smart managing by Kenny I think.

Only saw the second half and from what I saw I think that the players did OK overall. I was disappointed by Hendo and Adam who were brought in mostly for games like these or in other words to bring depth which we need the most especially against lesser teams. Carroll did OK but not good enough for a 35 mill striker. The rest were solid. Spearing deserves to be mentioned, he had a great game. Also, it's great having a player like Maxi. He disappears so often that even opponents forget about him, but he's smart and uses that as his advantage and scores goals! And on a final note, I'd like to say that I can't believe that we got our hands on a player like Suarez, for the 22 mill we spent it was a focking bargain!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:44 pm

As for Meireles, I hope he recovers soon. Heard that he might be out for 2-3 weeks.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Couldn't watch the game tonight but on the radio they said Henderson had a good game?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:11 pm

LittleHobo wrote:like shelvey for me probaly wont make it, but shows more promise than henderson

just the way he moves, his technique, he tries things

hendo is average in all departments, very worrying.

I'm not quite convinced by your argument. Maybe you need to go create an alter ego account, start a thread and agree with yourself. Almost worked last time right?  :D

Lay of Henderson ffs. If this was Arsenal or Chelsea fans writing a new player of everyone here would be all high and mighty about how fickle and plastic they are. Can't believe some of the people here sometimes.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 pm

tubby wrote:Couldn't watch the game tonight but on the radio they said Henderson had a good game?

Well he does deserve credit for the first two goals. But he was very poor for the rest of the game.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 pm

anyone got the highlights? missed the game due to work
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:35 pm

damjan193 wrote:Carroll did OK but not good enough for a 35 mill striker.

Since when is scoring a good goal in a pretty easy victory not good enough for a striker?  And when will people acknowledge that the price tag was a product of the star-striker-leaves-on-the-last-day-of-the-window craziness?  Newcastle were always going to jack the price through the roof and we were always going to force Chelsea to pay their asking price as a condition of the Torres sale.  It has little to do with the lad's real valuation and nothing whatsoever to do with how we assess his contributions on the pitch.  We expect strikers to score goals.  He did tonight.  Job done.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Zidane wrote:is a timid lad from the looks of it

I said earlier in the thread that he's started to worry me and it's on this basis...I worry slightly about his mental strength.  He's clearly lacking confidence at the moment and time will tell if he can find that mental edge required to play for a club like Liverpool.  I'm prepared to give him time but this is my main concern with the lad.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby crim cram » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:00 am

when Henderson went down and got carded, he seemed to lose his way.  I thought he was doing o.k. til then.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:09 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Zidane wrote:is a timid lad from the looks of it

I said earlier in the thread that he's started to worry me and it's on this basis...I worry slightly about his mental strength.  He's clearly lacking confidence at the moment and time will tell if he can find that mental edge required to play for a club like Liverpool.  I'm prepared to give him time but this is my main concern with the lad.

Kenny was there when a certain lad called Ian Rush broke into teh first team and felt out of his depth wasn't he?

Give them time, its not bl**dy pinball they´re playing.

That aside, I think we missed Poulson tonight.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:48 am

metalhead wrote:anyone got the highlights? missed the game due to work

Goals
Zidane

Postby killerp » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:08 am

Take out Suarez & what would the score be? We just don't pose much of a threat without him right now.
killerp

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:13 am

Since when is scoring a good goal in a pretty easy victory not good enough for a striker?

Scoring a good goal doesn't mean the lad had a good all round game, that's when.

Again his control and even passing let him down again.

Overall, the team made a professional job of it, it was a good game, "job done".
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:17 am

Job well done and good to see Andy get on scoresheet

If his fee was over the odds, on plus side Suarez is looking an absolute steal
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games