ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 20 august 2011, ko: 12:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:43 pm

TOP OF THE LEAGUE :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Lol at that "Dirk Kuyt works hard" flag.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Fantastic. I can go and enjoy my weekend now!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:We deservedly beat Arsenal 2 nil away from home and pretty much controlled the game yet if you read this thread you would think we got battered and were lucky . Some posters need to stop being so reactionary in regards posting .

We are top of the league .

:nod

I actually thought we did well, but we needed something in the final third of the pitch and thats what happened when we introduced Meireles and Suarez
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Hey guys are top of the table. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:45 pm

ethanr wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
ethanr wrote:Well done by Adam.. Was sitting yelling at my television "Look at Meireles, Look at Meireles!!!"  Wasted chance by Meireles unfortunately.

Is a Charlie Adam your brother ? Dad ? Lover ?

Everytime he does something you go way over the top in the praise.

Hmm...

I do think Adam is good but I would have preferred Meireles start this game over any of Adam hendo or lucas.. That was a very smart run by Adam, so I don't see any problem saying well done..?  I already said he ahd a bad first half wasting so many set pieces, and at the beginning of the second he was giving EVERYTHING away, but he's picked up at the end of the game..

And you're exactly opposite of me.  You don't like him at all and are only negative.. So you're being hypocritical if I'm honest.

Stop talking rubbish- you said he was having a crazy game but managed to set up Carroll for his chance ( when it was in fact Enrique )

If you read the Adam thread you will see I think he is a decent player but nowhere near the level you think he is - you talk like he is Kaka or Zidane or Alonso is back . Temper the praise a little to reflect reality a bit more .

When Gerrard is back he won't even be in the starting line up .
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Great Result Poor Performance.
MOM PingPong from Arsenal.

Enrique Best Liverpool player today. Dalglish wake up the season has started.

YNWA!!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby skatesy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:45 pm

There must have been a good reason that Kenny did not include Suarez in the starting 11 - maybe post Copa America fitness? Who knows and we'll never know.

However, it's clear that Suarez has to be the #1 man up front. And, if things continue I would not be surprised if Carroll gets forced out of the team. At this point I would be more inclined to go with a  4-2-3-1 with Suarez up front and Downing, Miereles, Kuyt behind him and Adam and Lucas in the holding positions.
skatesy

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:We deservedly beat Arsenal 2 nil away from home and pretty much controlled the game yet if you read this thread you would think we got battered and were lucky . Some posters need to stop being so reactionary in regards posting .

We are top of the league .

In fairness, we had a lot of possession but looked very laboured until Suarez and Mereiles came on (coinciding with the sending off).  It was far from a vintage performance but it's only the second week and we beat Arsenal on their own patch (forget what the pundits will say about them being depleted...it's still a tough place to go and win).  I think this was a character-building win and I think it will help the lads kick on.

Well done to Downing and Enrique, BTW, who were once again very solid.  They've proven the best of the new signings so far.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:46 pm

aCe' wrote:SUAREZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!

Still not the best of displays but a very comfortable win... job done

Spot on - Comfortable is the exact word
Benny The Noon

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:46 pm

MOM Lucas ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Thrilled.  Very, very happy.  Downing had another great game, Enrique played extremely well and Agger and Carra were solid enough in the back.  Suarez and Meireles came on and absolutely thrashed them... Just puts more pressure on Kenny with who to choose.

Against the lower clubs I'd maybe expect Adam and Meireles (Stevie and Meireles when he's fit), and against the better clubs Lucas and Meireles.

Very excited... Would have gladly taken 4 points from our first 2 fixtures at the beginning of the season.

Looks like Arsenal will settle for 1 point after their first 3 fixtures.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Zidane » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Our style of play changed when Luis/Raul came on and we looked brilliant from then on.  I guess having a man sent off helped a lot but still we played the way I enjoy watching us play.  Our midfield became the base of our attack and we started to pass the ball around.  Very happy with the win, no matter how it was done a win at their ground is something to celebrate.
Zidane

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:48 pm

metalhead wrote:
tubby wrote:Now that looks more like a lineup. Would have liked Suarez but I think Kuyt and Carroll will work well together.

I don't know bav, I don't want to sound too gloom and doom, but I think I will this time because our team looks very one dimensional and I think we will resort with hoof tactics, I hope I'm wrong but I don't feel confident :(

I shall have my blueberry pie right now

thank you

:nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:48 pm

cant denied we were lucky, but we controlled the game even when gooners were playing with 11.
just remember, we are still a very much work in progress team, the new boys need time to gel together.
Give Carroll time n he will be a good signing.
Kuyt has been a good servant to the club for many yrs, but at the age of 31, it time for him
to be an impact sub instead of a starting lineup.

Kelly put in a good game, both defensive and attacking, i vote for him over Johnson.
Raul over Hendo atm.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games