ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 20 august 2011, ko: 12:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
ethanr wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
ethanr wrote:Well done by Adam.. Was sitting yelling at my television "Look at Meireles, Look at Meireles!!!"  Wasted chance by Meireles unfortunately.

Is a Charlie Adam your brother ? Dad ? Lover ?

Everytime he does something you go way over the top in the praise.

Hmm...

I do think Adam is good but I would have preferred Meireles start this game over any of Adam hendo or lucas.. That was a very smart run by Adam, so I don't see any problem saying well done..?  I already said he ahd a bad first half wasting so many set pieces, and at the beginning of the second he was giving EVERYTHING away, but he's picked up at the end of the game..

And you're exactly opposite of me.  You don't like him at all and are only negative.. So you're being hypocritical if I'm honest.

Stop talking rubbish- you said he was having a crazy game but managed to set up Carroll for his chance ( when it was in fact Enrique )

If you read the Adam thread you will see I think he is a decent player but nowhere near the level you think he is - you talk like he is Kaka or Zidane or Alonso is back . Temper the praise a little to reflect reality a bit more .

When Gerrard is back he won't even be in the starting line up .

Benny, you make me laugh.

Apparently you know more about what I'm thinking than I do!  There's gotta be some way you can make money off that...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Raoul » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:50 pm

Suarez and Meireles turned the game for us. Nice to bring on fresh legs like theirs! Bit different from last year :)

Henderson played better today, the more central role suits him better, but still hope to see Meireles starting over him soon.

Happy days, we were a bit lucky I suppose, but you make your own luck.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:51 pm

MOTM was Enrique for me, he was brilliant.  Lucas had a solid game but really came on when Suarez/Meireles came on, Adam's play improved as well.
Zidane

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:52 pm

metalhead wrote:
metalhead wrote:
tubby wrote:Now that looks more like a lineup. Would have liked Suarez but I think Kuyt and Carroll will work well together.

I don't know bav, I don't want to sound too gloom and doom, but I think I will this time because our team looks very one dimensional and I think we will resort with hoof tactics, I hope I'm wrong but I don't feel confident :(

I shall have my blueberry pie right now

thank you

:nod

Are you not fasting  ???
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Zidane wrote:MOTM was Enrique for me, he was brilliant.  Lucas had a solid game but really came on when Suarez/Meireles came on, Adam's play improved as well.

Adam improved so much when he stopped hoofing the ball
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BKrimmel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Don't like to play like this every game, but I will take any win.

"Can a brother get some time on the field, Kenny?" -Raul
"Least you got to play bro." -Maxi
"(out-of-breath panting)." -Henderson

My impressions via quotes.
The View of Liverpool from an American Supporter
BKrimmel

Postby haps » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:53 pm

only me wrote:
only me wrote:Suarez for downing? ???? OK Kenny has lost it as well.

oky my bad Suarez for Carrol ,but why take a striker out when they are down to 10 men?? not clear at all

well not to you because you are the most knee-jerk, impatient, uninformed poster ever to grace these forums.  I can't stand this forum most of the time now because of people like you who haven't a clue about football.  Literally, not a clue.  And you question the football wisdom of Kenny Dalglish?  I feckin despair.
haps

Postby BKrimmel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:55 pm

metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:MOTM was Enrique for me, he was brilliant.  Lucas had a solid game but really came on when Suarez/Meireles came on, Adam's play improved as well.

Adam improved so much when he stopped hoofing the ball

Enrique had a great game, best signing so far. Downing and Henderson both look like they don't understand what to do and don't do much of anything with full confidence. This really hurt Carroll and Kuyt's game. Lucas had a great game. Adam during the second half as well. Good job back four! Agger and Cara great and Kelly too. Enrique though, easily the player who stood out as the star.
The View of Liverpool from an American Supporter
BKrimmel

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:57 pm

kazza wrote:
metalhead wrote:
metalhead wrote:
tubby wrote:Now that looks more like a lineup. Would have liked Suarez but I think Kuyt and Carroll will work well together.

I don't know bav, I don't want to sound too gloom and doom, but I think I will this time because our team looks very one dimensional and I think we will resort with hoof tactics, I hope I'm wrong but I don't feel confident :(

I shall have my blueberry pie right now

thank you

Are you not fasting  ???

its almost time here :;):
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:57 pm

gonna have to update my signature soon :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:58 pm

metalhead wrote:I shall have my blueberry pie right now

thank you

Are you not fasting  ???[/quote]
its almost time here :;):[/quote]
Two hours is not almost :;):
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Great result!

Good solid performance, that didn't just see us sit back (like we have done in recent years) and soak, we 'came out' and had a go. Just rewards!

Enrique MoM for me, great performance from a new left back! Lucas had a very good game, Downing was very good too - he's looked the brightest of our buys. Kelly was very good at defending and he got forward a fair bit too.

Carroll was poor, Adam very wasteful and his overall game left a lot to be desired, Henderson, looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Kuyt worked really hard - shame his touch lets him down.

Really really happy with that.

Have to say - I was urging Kenny to bring on Suarez for a while there. :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Martin Kelly also had a solid game today.  Arshavin blows hot and cold but can be a handful, as can Sagna on the overlap.  Kelly defended strongly and looked our most committed player going forward just before the sending off/substitutions.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:00 pm

kazza wrote:
metalhead wrote:I shall have my blueberry pie right now

thank you

Are you not fasting  ???

its almost time here :;):[/quote]
Two hours is not almost :;):[/quote]
1 hour and a half :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:00 pm

haps wrote:
only me wrote:
only me wrote:Suarez for downing? ???? OK Kenny has lost it as well.

oky my bad Suarez for Carrol ,but why take a striker out when they are down to 10 men?? not clear at all

well not to you because you are the most knee-jerk, impatient, uninformed poster ever to grace these forums.  I can't stand this forum most of the time now because of people like you who haven't a clue about football.  Literally, not a clue.  And you question the football wisdom of Kenny Dalglish?  I feckin despair.

Yep full of substance your post is....I don't mind the personal insults but try adding some relevent criticism next time..Yep i might be knee-jerking from time to time but usally i explain my thoughts...I support LFC and want it to be the best it can i really don't give a fck what a cyber fan thinks about me.

Bottom line if we go back to the point i made ,which others also wrote if you cared to read instead of targeting me ,is that with 10 man it makes more sense (in my opinion) to keep the strikers in and take a more defensive player? Makes sense? Dispair away.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games