Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Owzat wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Boocity wrote:
lakes10 wrote:2 of their goals were down to our back 4, the other 2 were down to our back 4 and our keeper.

sorry i love football and this was a great game, i know we did not win and i feel Rafa did make a few mistakes when it come to setting rules for our back 4, not sure why they feel the need to split so wide or to push up so much when we are in total control of the game.
no sure what is up with Reina he has let in 8 goals in 2 games, that dont look good on anyones CV.

You cant blame Reina when his defence let him down so badly

But he blames Rafa in  his refrence, which is typical of him cause he prefers fat sam english manager to rafa.

Freedom of speech is a terrible thing isn't it Ciggy, we must all worship and obey Rafa for he makes no mistake. You really need to snap out fo this brainwashing.  :D
All he said was he thought Rafa made a few mistakes is he not entitled to say that? Personally I don't agree with him but I still respect his opinion, shame you can't!

BTW Scotbot I'm not exactly the only one thinking Reina had a stinker but best too just focus your attack on me eh? A nice safe target where you don't have too use any imagination or brains.

Feck off yer useless idoit and get a grip, your cruisade against our manager is pathetic feck off you Norweigen gobsh!te, totally clueless like the rest of them.

I am feckin proud of our lads tonight and they deserve credit, if we listened to you two gobsh!tes you and Lakes Fat Sam Ingurlund lover well Liverpool would be relegated.

I have my doubts about you Heimdall I really believe you are a Man U fan, my and Leon have been talking about this I am starting to believe it.
No one likes you here so feck off kunt.

lol Ciggy , just been reading your posts from last night, hope you are in a better mood today.

just look at it this way, it was a great game of footbal, our players made mistakes Rafa made mistakes but it lead to yet again a great game of football.

lets see what happens tonight.

heimdall will play the victim well like he always does, but he invites most of what he is on the end of. I tend to ignore him

I'm sorry but how am I playing the victim here, if you had someone call you a " :censored: ugly english k%&t" would you not react to it?

Also ow did I call that onto myself owstat?

I have absolutely no idea what I have done to offend you by the way apart from standing up for you when you were getting loads of abuse yourself, always nice to see favours returned.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:I will not ignore it just because it's an alcoholic hurling the abuse. I'm sure most of us on here have had a drink or two tonight but there is still no need to be xenophobic and abusive.

I am not an alcoholic yes I had a drink last night, but an alchie I am not, as for me apoligising to you  ???  Forget it pal.

I apologise about the alcoholic jibe but you do have a tendency to do this Ciggy and it is bang out of order. You are the very definition of an angry drunk and most angry drunks tend to be alcoholics but if you are not then I apologise.

It is however very interesting that even after the vile xenophobic and personal abuse you hurled at me you can't find it in you to apologise whilst I can.  That says everything there is to know about you, that you have absolutely no class or respect for other people.

Also very telling that none of your friends told you to back down and instead chose to attack me for defending myself.  :no

How's the view up there on that high horse of yours? ???

If she doesn't want to apologize that's her business and trying to shame her into it isn't likely to work.  So, perhaps we could all just move on, hmmm?

Well I'm at least glad to see you mods finally took some actions, not before time mind you, but good none the less to see that the forum rules apply to everyone, bravo.

If I'm being arrogant and/or condescending it's just because I'm copying our glorious leader.  :bowdown  :bowdown  :D

I know Ciggy won't ever apologise, she's far too insecure for that, but I do find it very disappointing, surely I'm allowed to say that.

And that is the last I'll say on the matter.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Sabre wrote:Regardless any football analysis we make here, I want Bermenstein opens the remaining match threads.

I agree
heimdall

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:10 pm

heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:I will not ignore it just because it's an alcoholic hurling the abuse. I'm sure most of us on here have had a drink or two tonight but there is still no need to be xenophobic and abusive.

I am not an alcoholic yes I had a drink last night, but an alchie I am not, as for me apoligising to you  ???  Forget it pal.

I apologise about the alcoholic jibe but you do have a tendency to do this Ciggy and it is bang out of order. You are the very definition of an angry drunk and most angry drunks tend to be alcoholics but if you are not then I apologise.

It is however very interesting that even after the vile xenophobic and personal abuse you hurled at me you can't find it in you to apologise whilst I can.  That says everything there is to know about you, that you have absolutely no class or respect for other people.

Also very telling that none of your friends told you to back down and instead chose to attack me for defending myself.  :no

I appoligise sorry. Move on.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:11 pm

i noticed...all of the 4 goals that arshavin scored, 3 of them is shot v close to the keeper.
i must admit that the goal scoring positions are all within 12 yards to our goal but reina beaten 3 times with the shots so close to him is worrying.  the shots are too fast? or reina is milliseconds slow?
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:Just to give a bit of perspective
It was gutting to see that draw last night. But I for one would rather see a game like that with a result like that than any of the 0-0 draws we have had this season. I am not writing us off...yet. I did actually say in a previous post that it was all over and we will never win the league with Rafa. I am more than happy to apologise and say Im wrong. While we may not win it this year I now believe we have the foundations to win it next year and even the year after. The performances since the sunderland game have been magnificent and a joy to watch. The only bad game was the chelsea home CL game where I felt we let ourselves down. But what a response in the away leg!
Last night Arsenal did nothing and gained a point. Arshavin must be given credit for his finishing but he was gifted his goals by sloppy defending. Everything went right for him with his four efforts. Very rarely do things like that happen and I would bet my house that he will never score four goals like that again. We can blame Reina but I think hes class. Their goalie may have saved more shots but most of them were straight at him. The thing is we kept going.
I am so happy that we have started playing attacking, though sometimes careless football. We have shown that we can beat anybody and will not roll over without a fight. This heartens me greatly because I was fuming after christmas with the seemingly nonchalant, directionless and flawed way we were playing.
Of course I am bothered if the mancs equal our record. But I am content in the knowledge that they will have us to thank for our bad form rather than their invincibility. Ferguson has shown he is losing his grip, both on the media and reality. His rant about Allardyce was comedy gold. His team selection to play the bluenoses was even funnier. His signings are suspect and his team is falling apart. Berbatov is sh!te and Ronaldo is gone at the end of the season. That leaves him with shrek and quazzy as strikers. I rest my case.
We are on the rise and theres not a thing they can do about it...
:;):

Good post.  I'm disappointed by our leaky defense of late but am heartened by the attacking verve we've displayed and the sheer will and determination the lads have shown to turn things around.  We've come up just a little short two games in a row now but the lads have scrapped and battled for every ball and have dug deep to find some truly wonderful goals at truly crucial moments...all without Gerrard on the pitch.

So, some observations.  When you get over the disappointment of dropping points at a time when we can ill afford to do so, you realize that our record against the other members of the top four this season is played 6, won 4, drawn 2, with 16 goals scored (16!!!) and a goal difference of +7.  That, ladies and gentlemen, is outstanding.  :nod  If we can carry some of this attacking swagger over to our encounters with the also rans next season we'll be right back in the title mix for a second season on the bounce.

I also think there have been some people that have proved the doubters wrong.  Rafa is at the top of that list, as many people felt we would never win the league under Benitez.  Sir Roger has changed his tune above, as has Big Mick in another thread.  Fair play to both of you and I think this kind of about face is telling--Rafa has what it takes to succeed in England and this season's proven it for me and many others.  Alonso's another who's form and commitment were doubted not so long ago and he's been one of our top players all season (check on the .tv MOTM accolades if you doubt me).  Kuyt has gotten dog's abuse from many but his contributions have been absolutely vital so many times this season that I've lost count.  Two great assists last night, a vital goal at the Bridge and the very epitome of defending from the front...well in, son.  I've also gotta say that little Yossi Benayoun is turning into a revelation.  Someone's lit a rocket under this lad over the past few months because he's been one of our most consistently strong performers going forward since February.  Two more vital, vital goals last night to go with his marker against Fulham and his winner at the Bernabeu.  He also seems to offer something sitting in behind Torres when Gerrard is out.  There are others I could perhaps mention but these are the men that leap to mind and give me confidence that we've got the nucleus of something special here.

Fair comment
My criticism of Rafa has been based on my frustration with some of his decisions and the stress of not challenging for the trophy which I believe (correctly or incorrectly) to be ours by right.
I sometimes over-react because Im too emotional occasionally but that is because of my being spoilt and not used to losing.
I blame LFC for that. If they wouldnt have been so successful in my lifetime I wouldnt be such a cry-baby...
However I can truly feel that with the last month or so performances we are turning a corner. More to do with fulfilling potential than anything because (as far as Im aware) I have never personally slagged any of the players off for their lack of skill. Only their belief, attitude and passion which I felt might have been wrong. This now seems to have been addressed and as I said, if we dont win it this time, next year is looking more promising.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:Just to give a bit of perspective
It was gutting to see that draw last night. But I for one would rather see a game like that with a result like that than any of the 0-0 draws we have had this season. I am not writing us off...yet. I did actually say in a previous post that it was all over and we will never win the league with Rafa. I am more than happy to apologise and say Im wrong. While we may not win it this year I now believe we have the foundations to win it next year and even the year after. The performances since the sunderland game have been magnificent and a joy to watch. The only bad game was the chelsea home CL game where I felt we let ourselves down. But what a response in the away leg!
Last night Arsenal did nothing and gained a point. Arshavin must be given credit for his finishing but he was gifted his goals by sloppy defending. Everything went right for him with his four efforts. Very rarely do things like that happen and I would bet my house that he will never score four goals like that again. We can blame Reina but I think hes class. Their goalie may have saved more shots but most of them were straight at him. The thing is we kept going.
I am so happy that we have started playing attacking, though sometimes careless football. We have shown that we can beat anybody and will not roll over without a fight. This heartens me greatly because I was fuming after christmas with the seemingly nonchalant, directionless and flawed way we were playing.
Of course I am bothered if the mancs equal our record. But I am content in the knowledge that they will have us to thank for our bad form rather than their invincibility. Ferguson has shown he is losing his grip, both on the media and reality. His rant about Allardyce was comedy gold. His team selection to play the bluenoses was even funnier. His signings are suspect and his team is falling apart. Berbatov is sh!te and Ronaldo is gone at the end of the season. That leaves him with shrek and quazzy as strikers. I rest my case.
We are on the rise and theres not a thing they can do about it...

Good post.  I'm disappointed by our leaky defense of late but am heartened by the attacking verve we've displayed and the sheer will and determination the lads have shown to turn things around.  We've come up just a little short two games in a row now but the lads have scrapped and battled for every ball and have dug deep to find some truly wonderful goals at truly crucial moments...all without Gerrard on the pitch.

So, some observations.  When you get over the disappointment of dropping points at a time when we can ill afford to do so, you realize that our record against the other members of the top four this season is played 6, won 4, drawn 2, with 16 goals scored (16!!!) and a goal difference of +7.  That, ladies and gentlemen, is outstanding.  :nod  If we can carry some of this attacking swagger over to our encounters with the also rans next season we'll be right back in the title mix for a second season on the bounce.

I also think there have been some people that have proved the doubters wrong.  Rafa is at the top of that list, as many people felt we would never win the league under Benitez.  Sir Roger has changed his tune above, as has Big Mick in another thread.  Fair play to both of you and I think this kind of about face is telling--Rafa has what it takes to succeed in England and this season's proven it for me and many others.  Alonso's another who's form and commitment were doubted not so long ago and he's been one of our top players all season (check on the .tv MOTM accolades if you doubt me).  Kuyt has gotten dog's abuse from many but his contributions have been absolutely vital so many times this season that I've lost count.  Two great assists last night, a vital goal at the Bridge and the very epitome of defending from the front...well in, son.  I've also gotta say that little Yossi Benayoun is turning into a revelation.  Someone's lit a rocket under this lad over the past few months because he's been one of our most consistently strong performers going forward since February.  Two more vital, vital goals last night to go with his marker against Fulham and his winner at the Bernabeu.  He also seems to offer something sitting in behind Torres when Gerrard is out.  There are others I could perhaps mention but these are the men that leap to mind and give me confidence that we've got the nucleus of something special here.

:buttrock  :bowdown

One hundred per cent spot on and agree with the post in every aspect .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:40 pm

LegBarnes wrote:I be more worried about ar.seshaven

Hate it when I am right grrrrr.  :angry:   :down:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

Dont worry
Its not that often...
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex G. » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:44 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

He was inmense, everything he touched was goal. But we gave him too many facilities.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Dont worry
Its not that often...

You wouldn't know you always got ya head others places.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Alex G. wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

He was inmense, everything he touched was goal. But we gave him too many facilities.

Aye he was I knew he be a danger He is one of the most gifted players I set eyes on in years.

Ever since seeing him vs england all those years ago.

Great first touch , truely 2 footed , Can pick a pass , nice ball control and skills , and has deadly aim when shooting long or short.

He was buy of season for me total class.

As for people saying he won't score agian I am sure he make you eat your words.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:53 pm

GUTTED :( manure still need to play totenham who are fighting for europe, arsenal who are a good team and can cause anyone problems, blackburn who are fighting for survival, pompy can be frustrating too. COME ON POMPY !!!!!!! :;):
CROUCHY DO US PROUD.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Alex G. » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:57 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Aye he was I knew he be a danger He is one of the most gifted players I set eyes on in years.

Ever since seeing him vs england all those years ago.

Great first touch , truely 2 footed , Can pick a pass , nice ball control and skills , and has deadly aim when shooting long or short.

He was buy of season for me total class.

As for people saying he won't score agian I am sure he make you eat your words.

Well I agree with you, he is really good player, but I watched him against Spain in the semis and against madrid in Champions league, and he was dissapeared, he must learn in the big games, yesterday too many facilities, but when he he is struggling he goes down a lot.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Might I be right in suggesting that tonight's game would be the ONLY game in which fans here would be supportive of Pennant ? (assuming he's playing, of course....)
I'd love to think Pompey could cause an upset but if Manc Scum have Vidic AND Ferdinand back, it's unlikely....still, miracles DO happen.....I'll just click my heels, eh ? :laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion