LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN - Sat 11th april. 12.45pm anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:53 am

Greavesie wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:We done them proud today Cigg.

we'll do them even more proud on Tuesday  :nod

You didn't log in at all till the end of the match right mate ? Please don't log in till the end as well on tuesday  :D . If we win that game , you're our hero !
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:58 am

Man Utd without macheda could have dropped 4 points and we would be top , they are playing poorly and still getting results , signs of champions . Sometimes all you need is a little slice of luck and they have used a huge chunk of it in their last 2 games , susrely this blip cannot last forever so lets hope they drop points in their next 2 matches and we have to win all .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:03 am

massive plus for me was the fact that there were 3 goals involvin our central defenders!! A quite superb shot from Danny Agger and what about the balls in from Carra? Feckin superb!! Alonso and Gerrard wudda been proud of them passes!! I like incisive football, precise passes and such. I aint bothered if it's a long ball or a short pass, so long as it's accurate and meaningful, and most of our football was like that today. We play like that we could just do mission impossible on tuesdy, tho i see a much difrent game to yesterdys trainin session. as much as i obviously want us to win every game, i know i wudnt have been impressed if i saw my team playin quite as bad as blackburn did!! that has to be the worst performance by a premiership team at Anfield this season, albeit countered by a damn fine performance by ourselves.

gonna be a long wait now til tuesdy....
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:20 am

metalhead wrote:
john craig wrote:Walk in the park today really.  We were good and Blackburn were awful.  We should have scored about ten such was our dominance, but I'll take four!

Mascherano and Alonso ran the game.  Riera was on fire (apart from his final ball at times) and Benayoun battled well.  Torres was awsome as usual.

Glad to see fat Sam humiliated after his comments about Rafa pre-match.  I can't stand him.  Lets hope Sunderland do us a favour now.

Don't forget Insua, who had a really good game as well.

Reasonable performances all round, problem was Blackburn were nothing special and perhaps deserve to go down if that's all they're made of. I've no idea how they beat spudz (?) last week, that team seems incapable of fight let alone fightback.

Kuyt didn't take his chances, but didn't have that bad a game. Torres also missed a good chance, the margin could have been a lot wider. GREAT to see Agger play AND score, if he can match Skrtel defensively then he should be 1st choice alongside Carra.

As for the mancs, well they are wobbling but still keeping in front. They are clearly desparate to win when we've won, that is hardly a sign they're not worried about us. fergie took a gamble, nearly cost them. It shows he's worried about the league and Champions League and maybe after the return leg we won't have that to worry about - hopefully they won't too. The one positive to come out of the weekend results was +3 GD, what we gained on them and the blues. Maybe bolton didn't pull off a superb comeback, but they dented the Chelsea GD. And you can't say Slumberland didn't fight the mancs all the way, hopefully now Macheda's surprise element is not going to be so much a surprise. It's a real shame it wasn't Mach-edo-about-nothing and his goals were misses.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:25 am

Great win again from the boys...we need to keep the pressure and the momentum up till the end

fec'kin manc sh-it got lucky...again!!! funny how all the media keep praising their "Championship form" by winning when playing badly...an for us we are just "lucky" ???
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:43 am

I thought MOTD handled it with dignaty last night,

If noone has seen it the ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZlaG9-wQR8
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:52 am

NANNY RED wrote:I thought MOTD handled it with dignaty last night,

It was very sad when Hansen was talking about it and being captain back then!He had tears in his eyes and could hardly hold it together! :(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:56 am

Yeah I noticed that too. Was very sad.

btw MOTD highlights have been posted now.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:01 pm

Number 9 wrote:

It was very sad when Hansen was talking about it and being captain back then!He had tears in his eyes and could hardly hold it together! :(

yeah i don't think i've ever seen hansen like that. just a shame about the complete bellend sat beside him.
Last edited by stmichael on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:12 pm

stmichael wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

yeah i don't think i've ever seen hansen like that. just a shame about the complete bellend sat beside him.

Bit tough on Lawro in this instance mate, i'm not his biggest fan but you could see his eyes welling up as well last night, lets not pretend he is/was any less affected by the tragedy than Hansen.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby littlechief » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:30 pm

It was a great win for us..I would love nothing better than the League.
littlechief

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:22 pm

He's a good lad Ray Stubbs, went to Calday Grammar School and played for Tranmere so he's keeping his end of the deal.   :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Where can I find highlights to this match? Like full highlights.
Zidane

Postby Zidane » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:04 pm

And I tried the ones in the highlight thread but those don't work for me. :(
Zidane

Postby tonyeh » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Great win yesterday. But poor old Blackburn were very "polite", in their performance, I think. Nice to have the extra boost in GD. If Gerrard had been playing, that could have been an absolute rout. Could easily have ended 6 or 7-0.

Pity the others all had positive results though. But it was nice to see 3 goals put past Chelsea. If Bolton can do it, Liverpool can. Makes me a little more optimistic about Tuesday.  :)
tonyeh

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion