ARSENAL V. LIVERPOOL - Wed. April 2nd - Champions League Quarter Finals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:01 pm

Right, time to turn our attention to the big Champions League showdown with Arsenal.  A scrappy win over the Bitters is just what we needed going into this one.  We could have really done with Arsenal losing at Bolton but, no matter, they are very beatable at the moment.  It should be a cagey tactical battle but I'm confident Rafa will sort out a gameplan to neutralize Fabregas and Co.  What we need is players who can step up in the event that they devise a plan to keep Gerrard and Torres quiet.  It shall be interesting. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:01 pm

You sure have a soft spot for Arsenal.  Sure you're not a fan?

I myself think that this is a 50/50 tie.  We are almost unstoppable in CL, but Arsenal did overrun us last time at Anfield.  It doesn't matter what kind of form they're in because they will be hungry to win this trophy, especially after knocking out Milan.  I think that if we take a draw from the Emirates then I'll be very confident that we'll go through.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:04 pm

How does that make him an Arsenal fan? oh well, from what i think it will be a very close game, and one im looking forward to. Arsenal have one eye on the premiership and they have not been in the best form recently. With Sagna out (there player of the season if you ask me) we have a real opportunity to do some damage and i really do think we can take a good position for the replay.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Arsenal look shattered at the moment, but coming back from two nil down against Bolton will give them a huge boost going into this game. I'm expecting us to be defending for most of it because they always out play us. Hopefully we'll sneak one on the break and take an away goal back to Anfield. 1-1 I'm going for.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Im hoping for a draw
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:44 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Arsenal did overrun us last time at Anfield.

sorry mte but dudek was in goal so those games dont count

haha shady badboy is at it again :laugh: dont start a ronaldo fanboy thread before him neither ffs :laugh:
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:50 pm

I'd like to add that Crouch is going to be very important for this match.  If Rafa doesn't play him then he clearly hasn't been watching any Arsenal matches lately.  They are terrible at dealing with crosses and tall strikers.  I think that Crouch might be as important as Torres for these matches.

This would be my team for Wednesday, but it's highly unlikely.

Reina
Carragher,Hyypia,Skrtel,Aurelio
Pennant,Alonso,Masch,Gerrard
       Crouch,Torres
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:18 pm

It'll be a scrappy game being it in the emirites i think Arsenal will have the possession wise.But i think we can hold on for at least a draw and heck why not a win.
holylamb2006

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:41 pm

no doubt they will take some confidence from the result against Bolton but what has it taken out of them. on the other hand we look fresh and i think its this that will see us through in the end.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:46 pm

the way Arsenal move the ball we'll have to be fresh because we'll be chasing shadows at times.

This is one game I'd play Kuyt (go read the Kuyt debate to see my overall opinion of the lad) but in this game I would play him because we need someone who'll track back and run nonstop. Hopefully he won't give the ball away so often, but we can't have everything :laugh:
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:56 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:the way Arsenal move the ball we'll have to be fresh because we'll be chasing shadows at times.

This is one game I'd play Kuyt (go read the Kuyt debate to see my overall opinion of the lad) but in this game I would play him because we need someone who'll track back and run nonstop. Hopefully he won't give the ball away so often, but we can't have everything :laugh:

so, the player you want to sell and would rather have seb coe playing in that position, and a game of this magnitude and you'd go for him over anyone else?

Nice to see you've been drinking since our victory today lad
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:10 am

dawson99 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:the way Arsenal move the ball we'll have to be fresh because we'll be chasing shadows at times.

so, the player you want to sell and would rather have seb coe playing in that position, and a game of this magnitude and you'd go for him over anyone else?

in a game where we're going to be under alot of pressure and we're going to be ran raggered I would choose Kuyt.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:10 am

dawson99 wrote:

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby skatesy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:37 am

metalhead wrote:Im hoping for a draw

Okay seriously...

Now I am sorry for picking you out but WTF is with this sentiment that we should "HOPE" for a draw?

Should we not HOPE for a :censored: win? Come on people, get your :censored: together and stop being so soft. Let's go for the win. If we get a draw then sure that will not be a bad result, especially if we get a goal out of it. But come on, let's not just lay down our ammo off the bat and reserve for hoping for a draw.
skatesy

Postby RedBlood » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:42 am

skatesy wrote:
metalhead wrote:Im hoping for a draw

Okay seriously...

Now I am sorry for picking you out but WTF is with this sentiment that we should "HOPE" for a draw?

Should we not HOPE for a :censored: win? Come on people, get your :censored: together and stop being so soft. Let's go for the win. If we get a draw then sure that will not be a bad result, especially if we get a goal out of it. But come on, let's not just lay down our ammo off the bat and reserve for hoping for a draw.

i agree :nod if your going to hope then raise the bar abit
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion