Arsenal - liverpool. sat 5 april - Premier league, ko 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thingy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:49 pm

A little sense of de ja vu  :D . The last time I created a match thread we won, heres hoping for the same thing come Saturday. Suspect Rafa will make several changes at least. Good luck Liverpool.
Thingy

Postby heimdall » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:17 am

I'm sure I'm not alone in not really giving a :censored: about this league game, I hope Rafa rests all the players who played tonight. The best we can get at the emirates is a draw so as long as we don't loose by more than 3 or 4 goals I'm not too bothered. I feel very confident we'll secure 4th spot now anyway as the bitters have lost their touch and started playing their usual cr@p standard, so now we need to really focus on the champions league and the return leg with Arsenal.
heimdall

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:41 am

Thanks to the derby win last Sunday I think this game has become a bit of a wild card game for us in terms of securing 4th spot.
We win it then 4th is as good as secured for us, more or less the same if we draw it. Should we lose it then it's not adding vast amounts of pressure on to us secure 4th, the bluenoses have still got to face the chavs at home and go to the gooners whereas Saturday is probably our toughest remaining game on paper.

From the point of view of the Champions league tie then a win for us I feel it would mentally knock the stuffing out of the Vengaboys. I get the feeling that they might be underestimating the power of the Kop come a European night compared to the two cup ties from last season. A defeat for us on Saturday won't be as damaging though for the game next Tuesday so I think the @rse have got more to lose on Saturday.

I expect the usual three changes from Rafa, probably RIISE in AURELIO out, SAMI might get a rest with AREBELOA coming in and BENAYOUN for BABEL.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 am

Id love to see the likes of Nemeth, Spearing, Maybe Plessis and a few others get a game. Doubt it though.
Thingy

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 am

Crouch, Pennant, Benayoun, Riise, Lucas, Arbeloa and Voronin are all likely to play, IMO.  I think Arsenal will chop and change as much as they are able to, as well, so it could be a bit of an odd match, where anything can happen.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:10 am

Thingy wrote:Id love to see the likes of Nemeth, Spearing, Maybe Plessis and a few others get a game. Doubt it though.

Against Arsenal at Emirates?  Don't think it would do their confidence any good when they get their :censored: whooped.

Maybe something like this for Saturday..

Reina
     Arbeloa,Carra,Skrtel,Risse
Pennant,Gerrard,Masch,Benayoun
           Crouch,Voronin
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:34 am

I think Lucas will play ... alonso will rest ..
LiverpoolMadman

Postby <torres> » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:24 am

hope he rests torres today he lokked a bit jaded today......and drop babel who seems to have only pace and nothin else.....
<torres>

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:38 am

maybe Insua would be up for it on the left hand side. Baptism by  FIRE :angry:    :D
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:46 am

id play a weakend side on the weekend we are clear of everton and need to save our energy for next week in the champs league:

reina

finnan     arebola     agger     insua

pennant     lucas      benyoun     riise

crouch     voronin

i would play this team get the big boys fresh for mid week but i reckon we would get a whooping :laugh:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby zirgoz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:56 am

I got this wierd feling that we gonna win this match. by a solitary goal. by someone unlikely to score. if liverpool wins please dont ask for my predictions in the future :D
zirgoz

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:56 am

I am with heimdall on this ........... I don't actually care what happens in this match. Even if we lose, (and eversh1t wins)..we will still be 2 points ahead of them. And our remaining games are quite winnable too..

Would like this team (yeah alonso as a CB....i think he could do a job there).

Reina
  Finnan    Alonso   Skertel   Riise
               Lucas   Benayoun
       Pennant                   Kewell
                      Voronin
                       Crouch
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:22 am

Rafa needs to box clever, yes we will make changes but we can get a win if we pick a team strong enough because Wenger MUST win or secure a 2-2 or higher score draw in midweek and so he's bound to play reserves.

I'd go with something like :-

---------------------Reina------------------------
----------------------------------------------------
Finnan----Carragher----Hobbs----Arbeloa
---------------------Lucas-----------------------
--Pennant------------------------------Riiise--
----Benayoun------Crouch-----Voronin----

Bench : Itandje, Skrtel, Gerrard, Kuyt, Torres

Doesn't matter if we lose so let's go for the win with mainly reserves. Keep the bench loaded with stars but little probability they'd come on and, if they did, only for 5-15 mins for a light workout. So while some 'don't give a sh1t' about this game, yes it is less important, but it could be a golden opportunity to win at the Emirates if the goners focus too much on the 2nd leg and put out a second string. Wenger will have a big decision to make, they are still theoretically in the title race, but he won't want Adebayor, Fabregas and one or two others injured and may decide he can win with his reserves like he has before.
Last edited by Owzat on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:26 pm

RedBlood wrote:id play a weakend side on the weekend we are clear of everton and need to save our energy for next week in the champs league:

reina

finnan     arebola     agger     insua

pennant     lucas      benyoun     riise

crouch     voronin

i would play this team get the big boys fresh for mid week but i reckon we would get a whooping :laugh:

Agger's out for the rest of the season matey.  :D

I hope to god Rafa doesn't let Voronin anywhere near the starting 11 saturday or ever again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this:-

REINA

FINNAN  ARBELOA CARRAGHER RIISE

PENNANT LUCAS ALONSO  BENAYOUN                       

GERRARD

TORRES/KUYT

I expect changes but not too many, surprisingly!  :eyebrow
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:47 pm

same team please. Torres needs to play cos he needs to score to get nearer that diving, sulking, buck tooth,  beaver faced, ar$e licking, gay boy ballet dancing, portuguese TW@T. Hopefully he'll bag a couple and finsih the season with the golden boot - cool.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion