ARSENAL V. LIVERPOOL - Wed. April 2nd - Champions League Quarter Finals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:18 pm

I would like to follow up on a comment made by Manhatten that we wont win the league because of the games we´ve lost but because of the number we have drawn.

Spot on and thats the difference between a CL team and a league winning team.

Last nights draw was a great result to bring home next tuesday however in the league, zero points, a waste of a game.

Everyone acknolwedged the good result without drawing the parallel. We are a CL team.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:31 pm

although 1-1 is a great result I have been taking nuff abuse from arsenal fans at work.  Saying our 2nd half performance was how lower teams like birmingham, Derby etc play at arsenal (10 men behind the ball, hanging on etc).

I can't really argue against that as that is the way we played.  I wish Rafa would be more expansive sometimes..
kobashi

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:35 pm

I am kinda of superstitious (most of the footballers are too :p )....so its for this reason that i hope the Mods don't close this thread... We should use this same thread for the 2nd league against arsenal....  :eyebrow
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:45 pm

The_Rock wrote:I am kinda of superstitious (most of the footballers are too :p )....so its for this reason that i hope the Mods don't close this thread... We should use this same thread for the 2nd league against arsenal....  :eyebrow

Now you´ve said that they´ve got no choice have they ??!!  :devil:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:10 pm

The_Rock wrote:I am kinda of superstitious (most of the footballers are too :p )....so its for this reason that i hope the Mods don't close this thread... We should use this same thread for the 2nd league against arsenal....  :eyebrow

Says the guy who was working very hard to touch off another flame war with a fellow member. :no  Stick to talking footy and you may get your wish.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Scottbot » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:18 pm

The_Rock wrote:The problem with babel is that he is sooooooo one footed. So it is indeed baffling to see him play on the left...

He might get away by playing on the left in an inferior league or the under 21 international matches..but in the best and the MOST ACTION PACKED league in the world, he really looks sub-par....

I think he would do more damage on the right hand side...... But like always rafa has some wierd reason in insisting him to play on the left...(IMO....to accomodate kuyt)...

It's not a weird and it's not particularly baffling. Rafa plays him on the left because:

- His not the biggest or best crosser of the ball (from the right or left) and is more adept at carrying the ball into the box and looking for a cut-back (Arsenal style) pass.

- He is a goal threat cutting onto his right foot and shooting, this threat dissapears if he's already on the right side.

- If he plays wide right he has no-where to go with that right foot except down the line (before delivering a cross which he isn't so great at) or off the pitch.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:22 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

Says the guy who was working very hard to touch off another flame war with a fellow member. :no  Stick to talking footy and you may get your wish.

aye..........wait a minute...you talk as if you are the only mod here ???

Did i ask specifically for your approval ....If you want to lock this thread...lock it.  :no

Jesssh........  :sleep
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:26 pm

Scottbot wrote:
The_Rock wrote:The problem with babel is that he is sooooooo one footed. So it is indeed baffling to see him play on the left...

He might get away by playing on the left in an inferior league or the under 21 international matches..but in the best and the MOST ACTION PACKED league in the world, he really looks sub-par....

I think he would do more damage on the right hand side...... But like always rafa has some wierd reason in insisting him to play on the left...(IMO....to accomodate kuyt)...

It's not a weird and it's not particularly baffling. Rafa plays him on the left because:

- His not the biggest or best crosser of the ball (from the right or left) and is more adept at carrying the ball into the box and looking for a cut-back (Arsenal style) pass.

- He is a goal threat cutting onto his right foot and shooting, this threat dissapears if he's already on the right side.

- If he plays wide right he has no-where to go with that right foot except down the line (before delivering a cross which he isn't so great at) or off the pitch.

He is getting too predictable on the left....Everytime he sets up to shoot, he brings the ball to his right foot. The opposition players have caught up with this.

On the right, he can but inside, cross the ball....he can do anything as he is indeed skillful (with his right foot).
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:29 pm

The_Rock wrote:aye..........wait a minute...you talk as if you are the only mod here ???

Did i ask specifically for your approval ....If you want to lock this thread...lock it.  :no

Point is, threads get locked due to flame wars.  You were looking for one earlier and I'm suggesting you might want to knock that rubbish on the head if you're so concerned about this thread staying open.  Clear?  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:39 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
The_Rock wrote:aye..........wait a minute...you talk as if you are the only mod here ???

Point is, threads get locked due to flame wars.  You were looking for one earlier and I'm suggesting you might want to knock that rubbish on the head if you're so concerned about this thread staying open.  Clear?  :kungfu:

It takes 2 hands to clap.....You make it sound like i have nothing better to do than to create flame wars....aye...

Maybe you should get this CLEAR....i don't respond well to authority....never did and never well.

And I take back my earlier request..... You don't have to keep this thread open for me....Just do whatever you want.

No need to respond to my message......
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:48 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

It takes 2 hands to clap.....You make it sound like i have nothing better to do than to create flame wars....aye...

Maybe you should get this CLEAR....i don't respond well to authority....never did and never well.

And I take back my earlier request..... You don't have to keep this thread open for me....Just do whatever you want.

No need to respond to my message......

See my PM
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:38 pm

I think last nights performance and the game against Manu bought it home to me that we´ll probably win the CL again this season but we have absolutely no chance of winning the PL with the current tactics and players

If Torres & Gerrard had been playing for Arsenal we would have been crucified but they werent.

In the CL format we are the best and the very best at not getting beaten however in the PL to amass the points that manu and others do you have to take more risks to win a game and set your team to go out and win and play pass n move football like Arsenal and Manu do.

It maybe that Rafa wants to play pass n move football but just doesnt have the players to do that, if you looked at the wide players Arsenal had last night, not household names but players with good technical abillity and comftable in possession of a football unfortunately Kuyt, Babel, Pennant and Benayoun are just not good enough if you want to play pass n move football

Mascher, Pepe, Gerrard and Torres make any PL all star team and the CBs are good so we have a great point from which to change for next season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:55 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:Overall I'm again very happy, twice in the space of 4 days must be a record for me.

And thats another compo claim going in against you stop makin me fall of me chair and hurting myself :laugh:

:laugh:

Well good times are here , if heimdall is happy especially 2 times in 2 games in a row
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:58 pm

peewee wrote:fantastic result for us, even kuyt played well (although one swallow does not make a summer) and took his six yard tap in with all the class and finesse of a pele type character therefore dispelling all the bad things said about him and proving he is really world class, I mean who else would have tapped in from 6 yards.

anyway back to the performance, i started to get worried when we chose to sit back but it came off for us, i can smell the semi final

even pee wee is praising kuyt , thats like everton winning the premier league  , can this day get any better  :p
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:00 pm

The_Rock wrote:Good performance by Kuyt.... he did his normal work by running everwhere but he actually looked like a right forward today. (see i do give praise when he does a good job but i still hope we sell him in the summer)..... Along with mascherano, Skertel and Gerrard...they were the contenders for M-O-M.

Babel had an awful game  - Am I allowed to say this ?  :p  Don't want toffeehumper to start another boring war with me...

Alonso...another sub-par game.

Rafa - It is amazing how good rafa is in europe. This should be the 1st time we didn't lose away to arsenal under rafa and it came in a european match. I am now warming up to the fact that...we can even beat manure if it comes down to it in moscow......

In summary, i am happy. If we win at anfield against arsenal (or even get a goaless draw), we shouldn't have too much problem to get past average grant's chelsea or fernebache.......... for another final... :buttrock

I agree with you that babel had a bad game , and i would appreciate if you showed me some respect

Nice to see you finally praising kuyt , especially now when he deserved it more then ever

And like bob said , i'm not gonna start another war with you , just carry on with the way you are at the moment , i don't really care . I'm not gonna retaliate to you calling me toffeehumper or what , as it will just start what we all want to avoid
Last edited by Toffeehater on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion