LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - 7.45 wed 8th april 2009

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Can't believe some people think this is over. We still have another 90 mins people. We put 4 past utd away from home so why is it so hard to think we cannot do it again?

Rafa will have to come up with a different plan to counter the possibility of Essien man marking him in the middle. Perhaps play Gerrard on the right and go 4-4-2 with Kuyt or Babel up front?

That idea might sound a bit rash but come on people we still have a chance to go through. After everything this club has done in the last few years some people still have no faith. ???
Last edited by tubby on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Well, if we have people fit and decide to go all out for it, I would play:

Reina
               Carra               Hyypia              Agger
                          Mascherano        Alonso
Kuyt                                                                 Dossena
                      Gerrard                  Yossi
                                    Torres

Subs: Babel, Riera, N'Gog, Eccleston, Lucas, Spearing, Irwin

We need Hyypia so that we actually have a chance of nicking a goal if we ever earn a corner.
JoeTerp

Postby metalhead » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:27 pm

bavlondon wrote:Can't believe some people think this is over. We still have another 90 mins people. We put 4 past utd away from home so why is it so hard to think we cannot do it again?

Rafa will have to come up with a different plan to counter the possibility of Essien man marking him in the middle. Perhaps play Gerrard on the right and go 4-4-2 with Kuyt or Babel up front?

That idea might sound a bit rash but come on people we still have a chance to go through. After everything this club has done in the last few years some people still have no faith. ???

I hope so mate, I really hope so, but its very very difficult and I really don't see Chelsea throwing the game away.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:30 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Well, if we have people fit and decide to go all out for it, I would play:

Reina
                          Mascherano        Alonso
                                    Torres

We need Hyypia so that we actually have a chance of nicking a goal if we ever earn a corner.

If we play 3-5-2 we will get absolutely a*seholed against Sh*tski - they were killing us from the wings as it was!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Well, if we have people fit and decide to go all out for it, I would play:

Reina
                          Mascherano        Alonso
                                    Torres

We would get pasted with that. 442 is the way to go.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:41 pm

I hate this guy....

Anfield backlash
Reds can concentrate solely on league following Chelsea defeat.

Paul Merson Posted 9th April 2009 view comments

Liverpool are reeling after Wednesday night's defeat. They're out of the Champions League now.

Forget about this 'half-time' talk, they've zero chance of going down to Stamford Bridge and winning 3-0.

The one positive however, is that they can now put all their eggs in one basket and concentrate on the Premier League.

The Reds can now sit down in the dressing room, brush themselves down and say 'lets go and try win the league'.

I think they can go and play their strongest team on Saturday because they haven't got to worry about Tuesday.

If they'd have won 1-0 last Wednesday the second leg would have been in the back of their minds going into this game, and Benitez would have wondering what team to send out. At least now he can field his strongest XI.

I don't think he needs to send his best side down to Stamford Bridge next week. Benitez should play his best team against Blackburn and then save them for the game with Arsenal on Tuesday week. They've got a great opportunity to win the Premier League.

Man-marking

Steven Gerrard wasn't given any room to showcase his skills against Chelsea and I don't understand why most teams don't adopt the same man-marking approach.

I've said the same about Arsenal. When Fabregas plays they're unbelievable - he's their best player and everything goes through him - and no team ever man marks him.

However, it's not as easy as Essien made it look because Gerrard is a top player.

Blackburn come to Anfield on a decent run of form but in truth they never looked like winning against Spurs last weekend until Palacios got sent off.

They got lucky but I don't think we'll see the same scenario this Saturday.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:10 pm

bavlondon wrote:I hate this guy....

Anfield backlash

Liverpool are reeling after Wednesday night's defeat. They're out of the Champions League now.

Forget about this 'half-time' talk, they've zero chance of going down to Stamford Bridge and winning 3-0.

The one positive however, is that they can now put all their eggs in one basket and concentrate on the Premier League.

The Reds can now sit down in the dressing room, brush themselves down and say 'lets go and try win the league'.

I think they can go and play their strongest team on Saturday because they haven't got to worry about Tuesday.

If they'd have won 1-0 last Wednesday the second leg would have been in the back of their minds going into this game, and Benitez would have wondering what team to send out. At least now he can field his strongest XI.

I don't think he needs to send his best side down to Stamford Bridge next week. Benitez should play his best team against Blackburn and then save them for the game with Arsenal on Tuesday week. They've got a great opportunity to win the Premier League.

Man-marking

Steven Gerrard wasn't given any room to showcase his skills against Chelsea and I don't understand why most teams don't adopt the same man-marking approach.

I've said the same about Arsenal. When Fabregas plays they're unbelievable - he's their best player and everything goes through him - and no team ever man marks him.

However, it's not as easy as Essien made it look because Gerrard is a top player.

Blackburn come to Anfield on a decent run of form but in truth they never looked like winning against Spurs last weekend until Palacios got sent off.

Paul who?

Oh I know
The arsenal reject who used to pretend to drink loads of beer when he scored. Wasnt he the alcoholic, drug using gambler who whinged on tv in public, then carried on behaving the same way?
Remind me again why he is on a panel of football 'experts' by the way?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Sir Roger wrote:

Anfield backlash

Man-marking

Paul who?

Oh I know
The arsenal reject who used to pretend to drink loads of beer when he scored. Wasnt he the alcoholic, drug using gambler who whinged on tv in public, then carried on behaving the same way?
Remind me again why he is on a panel of football 'experts' by the way?

He's also the same guy who spat on a female in a bar when drunk and got a smack from Bryan Robson for being out of order.

Total waste of space this guy.  Brings absolutely nothing to the table as a pundit and shouldn't ever be on tv because he's unbelievably ugly and can barely speak English.

He's the most irritating pundit on soccer saturday, just shading that other fat tw@t Le Tissier.  The pair of them seem to have some irrational hatred of Liverpool and are more concerned with winding up Phil Thompson when Liverpool concede a goal than actually trying to offer some insight into the games they are watching.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedShredder » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:19 am

Anfield backlash

Man-marking

Whenever it looks impossible, it usually is impossible according to many until you actually do it.

It can be done but let's face facts....we need everything to go right.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly
RedShredder

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:26 am

If this is true some action should be taken  ???

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Fodbold/Int.fodbold/2009/04/10/125647.htm .. its in danish.. but theres one article in english:

According to Dr.dk, a Blues representative tried to pressurize referee Claus Bo Larsen not to give any yellow cards to Chelsea players before the match at Anfield.

During a security meeting, a representative from Chelsea tried to affect Larsen’s decisions before the match. There was no money offered to bribe the referee but Larsen was told not to dish out any yellow cards.

However, the Danish referee decided to ignore the comments from the Chelsea man and produced a yellow-card to John Terry, who will miss the second leg.

“I have never experienced anything like this,” Larsen said.

“We were having a security meeting in the morning and a representative from Chelsea said - Claus Bo, remember that we have some players who have a yellow card already, so think before you give a card to them.”

“I have been to over 100 safety meetings, and this is the first time I experienced such a thing.”
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:27 am

das20093 wrote:We should paly...
                               Itandje

Degen              Hyypia  san Jose         dossena

Bring back pennant fromloan  Lucas Plesis       Babel

N'gog          Bring back Big Voronin

Chavski would have no chance

What a load of sh!te.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:47 am

Ciggy wrote:If this is true some action should be taken  ???

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Fodbold/Int.fodbold/2009/04/10/125647.htm .. its in danish.. but theres one article in english:

According to Dr.dk, a Blues representative tried to pressurize referee Claus Bo Larsen not to give any yellow cards to Chelsea players before the match at Anfield.

During a security meeting, a representative from Chelsea tried to affect Larsen’s decisions before the match. There was no money offered to bribe the referee but Larsen was told not to dish out any yellow cards.

However, the Danish referee decided to ignore the comments from the Chelsea man and produced a yellow-card to John Terry, who will miss the second leg.

“We were having a security meeting in the morning and a representative from Chelsea said - Claus Bo, remember that we have some players who have a yellow card already, so think before you give a card to them.”

“I have been to over 100 safety meetings, and this is the first time I experienced such a thing.”

wtf!? and fat Frank has the balls to say Liverpool crowded the ref  :angry:

That club p!ss me off big   :veryangry
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:14 am

just seen that on SSN Ciggy, an the chavs didn even deny it, oin as far as to actually admit talkin the ref issuin this "chelsea wouldn be happy with cards for terry, cole (an another i didn catch)" which surprised me to say the least. they even went on to defend the fact they did it!! seems just a little strange to simple old me!! ???
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:58 am

Pele & Maradona Clash As Liverpool’s Lucas Slams Benitez
The Brazilian midfielder has sensationally hit out at the Spaniard for subbing him last night, and both Pele and Diego Maradona have become involved in the furore.
9 Apr 2009 15:14:36

Liverpool’s hopes of lifting the Champions League this season appear to be all but over following a heavy 3-1 setback against Chelsea in their quarter final first leg at Anfield last night.

Many experts believe that a key reason why Chelsea won so emphatically was because of the absence of Liverpool’s suspended holding midfielder Javier Mascherano. The visitors took complete charge in the middle-of-the-park, with Frank Lampard in particular repeatedly charging through a massive central hole.

Mascherano’s replacement last night, Lucas, has been heavily criticised for his performance, with the consensus being that the Brazilian is not good enough for this level of football.

However, Lucas has now defended himself against numerous attacks, including one from own team-mate David N’Gog, who branded him “the worst player I have ever seen in my life”.

“For starters, N’Gog can shut up," blasted Lucas.

"He is one of only two strikers at the club, and he can’t even get a game when Fernando Torres is injured.

“As for Rafa, words can’t describe how angry I am for him substituting me. There were still 11 minutes left, and I would have got us back in the game. If I had stayed on we would have grabbed a 3-3 draw without doubt.

"Rafa cost us the game. It was like when Marcello Lippi took off Andrea Pirlo against Ireland. How do these people become managers?”

Lucas has received support from compatriot, and footballing legend, Pele, who claims that the attacks in the press were started by nemesis Diego Maradona.

“As usual, that drug-addict starts causing trouble,” roared ‘The King’.

“Everyone knows that he loves Mascherano. He came out with that stupid ‘Mascherano plus 10 others’ remark. Diego feels embarrassed that his team got humiliated 6-1 by Bolivia, and that Mascherano played bad, so he spreads hate that Lucas was to blame for Liverpool losing.

“I tell you all now. Lucas is a brilliant player, and he will be the best in the world in his position in a couple of years. Mark my words!”

Unsurprisingly, Maradona was asked to respond to Pele’s latest attack.

“What do you want me to say?,” El Pibe de Oro sniped.

“Pele once said Nick Barmby would be the best in the world. He probably fancies Lucas.”

Please note that this story is satirical

:D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:33 am

Ciggy wrote:If this is true some action should be taken  ???

I reckon UEFA should reverse the score!
3-1 to us! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion