LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - 7.45 wed 8th april 2009

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:45 am

Uefa Should deffo look into that , intimidation and influencing the ref
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:49 am

Ciggy wrote:If this is true some action should be taken  ???

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Fodbold/Int.fodbold/2009/04/10/125647.htm .. its in danish.. but theres one article in english:

According to Dr.dk, a Blues representative tried to pressurize referee Claus Bo Larsen not to give any yellow cards to Chelsea players before the match at Anfield.

During a security meeting, a representative from Chelsea tried to affect Larsen’s decisions before the match. There was no money offered to bribe the referee but Larsen was told not to dish out any yellow cards.

However, the Danish referee decided to ignore the comments from the Chelsea man and produced a yellow-card to John Terry, who will miss the second leg.

“I have never experienced anything like this,” Larsen said.

“We were having a security meeting in the morning and a representative from Chelsea said - Claus Bo, remember that we have some players who have a yellow card already, so think before you give a card to them.”

“I have been to over 100 safety meetings, and this is the first time I experienced such a thing.”

mmmmmmm not too sure on the card thing, is it really any different when players point out that their team mates are on a yellow and not to book them? if the guy went out of his way to see the ref then yes its wrong, if it was a comment in passing then i would have thought that was a regular occurrence
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 am

aCe' wrote: Pele & Maradona Clash As Liverpool’s Lucas Slams Benitez
The Brazilian midfielder has sensationally hit out at the Spaniard for subbing him last night, and both Pele and Diego Maradona have become involved in the furore.
9 Apr 2009 15:14:36

Liverpool’s hopes of lifting the Champions League this season appear to be all but over following a heavy 3-1 setback against Chelsea in their quarter final first leg at Anfield last night.

Many experts believe that a key reason why Chelsea won so emphatically was because of the absence of Liverpool’s suspended holding midfielder Javier Mascherano. The visitors took complete charge in the middle-of-the-park, with Frank Lampard in particular repeatedly charging through a massive central hole.

Mascherano’s replacement last night, Lucas, has been heavily criticised for his performance, with the consensus being that the Brazilian is not good enough for this level of football.

However, Lucas has now defended himself against numerous attacks, including one from own team-mate David N’Gog, who branded him “the worst player I have ever seen in my life”.

“For starters, N’Gog can shut up," blasted Lucas.

"He is one of only two strikers at the club, and he can’t even get a game when Fernando Torres is injured.

“As for Rafa, words can’t describe how angry I am for him substituting me. There were still 11 minutes left, and I would have got us back in the game. If I had stayed on we would have grabbed a 3-3 draw without doubt.

"Rafa cost us the game. It was like when Marcello Lippi took off Andrea Pirlo against Ireland. How do these people become managers?”

Lucas has received support from compatriot, and footballing legend, Pele, who claims that the attacks in the press were started by nemesis Diego Maradona.

“As usual, that drug-addict starts causing trouble,” roared ‘The King’.

“Everyone knows that he loves Mascherano. He came out with that stupid ‘Mascherano plus 10 others’ remark. Diego feels embarrassed that his team got humiliated 6-1 by Bolivia, and that Mascherano played bad, so he spreads hate that Lucas was to blame for Liverpool losing.

“I tell you all now. Lucas is a brilliant player, and he will be the best in the world in his position in a couple of years. Mark my words!”

Unsurprisingly, Maradona was asked to respond to Pele’s latest attack.

“What do you want me to say?,” El Pibe de Oro sniped.

“Pele once said Nick Barmby would be the best in the world. He probably fancies Lucas.”

Please note that this story is satirical

:D

Where in the name of fu'ck did you get this?? :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:55 am

Number 9 wrote:
The Brazilian midfielder has sensationally hit out at the Spaniard for subbing him last night, and both Pele and Diego Maradona have become involved in the furore.

Liverpool’s hopes of lifting the Champions League this season appear to be all but over following a heavy 3-1 setback against Chelsea in their quarter final first leg at Anfield last night.

Many experts believe that a key reason why Chelsea won so emphatically was because of the absence of Liverpool’s suspended holding midfielder Javier Mascherano. The visitors took complete charge in the middle-of-the-park, with Frank Lampard in particular repeatedly charging through a massive central hole.

Mascherano’s replacement last night, Lucas, has been heavily criticised for his performance, with the consensus being that the Brazilian is not good enough for this level of football.

However, Lucas has now defended himself against numerous attacks, including one from own team-mate David N’Gog, who branded him “the worst player I have ever seen in my life”.

"He is one of only two strikers at the club, and he can’t even get a game when Fernando Torres is injured.

“As for Rafa, words can’t describe how angry I am for him substituting me. There were still 11 minutes left, and I would have got us back in the game. If I had stayed on we would have grabbed a 3-3 draw without doubt.

"Rafa cost us the game. It was like when Marcello Lippi took off Andrea Pirlo against Ireland. How do these people become managers?”

Lucas has received support from compatriot, and footballing legend, Pele, who claims that the attacks in the press were started by nemesis Diego Maradona.

“Everyone knows that he loves Mascherano. He came out with that stupid ‘Mascherano plus 10 others’ remark. Diego feels embarrassed that his team got humiliated 6-1 by Bolivia, and that Mascherano played bad, so he spreads hate that Lucas was to blame for Liverpool losing.

“I tell you all now. Lucas is a brilliant player, and he will be the best in the world in his position in a couple of years. Mark my words!”

“Pele once said Nick Barmby would be the best in the world. He probably fancies Lucas.”

Where in the name of fu'ck did you get this?? :laugh:

i was reading that and getting more and more angry

112-1077774096

Postby SundanceKid » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Bolton just netted 2 goals at Stamford. Anyone feeling the spirit of Istanbul? :p

Edit: Make that 3. What a goal. Jaaskelainen sends it from their own box and Davies heads it onto Mathew Taylor who then heads it into the goal. Ball traveled from one box to the opposite goal without even making contact with the ground haha!

I really think we have a good shot at them. I'm not gonna hold my breath over it, but it's not like Liverpool to just roll over and die.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby we all dream... » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:57 pm

SundanceKid wrote:Bolton just netted 2 goals at Stamford. Anyone feeling the spirit of Istanbul? :p

Edit: Make that 3. What a goal. Jaaskelainen sends it from their own box and Davies heads it onto Mathew Taylor who then heads it into the goal. Ball traveled from one box to the opposite goal without even making contact with the ground haha!

There is a thread for this elsewhere

:suspect:

CLICKY CLICKY
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:11 pm

we all dream... wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:Bolton just netted 2 goals at Stamford. Anyone feeling the spirit of Istanbul? :p

CLICKY CLICKY

I can't believe I made reference to our CL tie with Chelsea in the Liverpool vs Chelsea thread, silly me.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby we all dream... » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:21 pm

SundanceKid wrote:
we all dream... wrote:

CLICKY CLICKY

I can't believe I made reference to our CL tie with Chelsea in the Liverpool vs Chelsea thread, silly me.

Thought I was in today's mach thread. Silly me.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:48 pm

SO NO-ONE'S SCORED 3 GOALS AT STAMFORD BRIDGE  AY...

WELL IF BOLTON CAN DO IT .. THE LADS WILL BE UP FOR IT BIG TIME, RAFA'S VIDEO WILL BE RUNNING ALL NIGHT TO PLAN THE ATTACK :D

ANOTHER 90 MINUTES TO GO .. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING .. BELIEVE
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:10 pm

I think the pressure will be off use somewhat in the sense that we are obviously no longer favourates for the tie. If anything there is pressure on Chelsea to ensure they DO go through. Im not sure if Hiddink has ever been the type to park the bus so id expect them to play their normal game.

We must be very tight at the back. To concede a goal early on would be a real blow too even though a 3-1 would force extra time.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Essien didn't play against Bolton (maybe he did, but I'm pretty sure he didn't), and thats the men that stopped Gerrard.
SupitsJonF

Postby Big Niall » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:46 pm

we are out of the champions league, live with it. nobody has scored three goals at stamford bridge since, well , about 5 o'clock. :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:50 pm

:laugh:
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:59 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:Essien didn't play against Bolton (maybe he did, but I'm pretty sure he didn't), and thats the men that stopped Gerrard.

If Rafa plays a formation similar to today with Gerrard on the right how will Essien stop him then? He doesn't play on the left. I think Rafa needs to come up with some sort of tactical change to counter his rather than giving another try with what we tried already. A lot is at stake here so we need to go for broke.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 pm

:laugh: Im in bulk here best laugh in ages  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion