LIVERPOOL VS. ARSENAL - Tuesday, April 8th - 2nd leg of the quarterfinals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:29 pm

One of the things that surprised me last night was, how quick Mascherano is :oh: the break by Walcott highlighted it best, OK he didn't quite stop him and ended up almost running into Sami but the ground he made up on him was amazing, another couple of yards and he would have got a challenge in. Walcott was running with the ball which slowed him down a bit but he was still going some, Mascherano just appeared from no where !

My Mrs says he looks like Fred Flintstone when he runs because his legs just seem to be a blur like a cartoon character  :laugh:
destro

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:58 pm

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:06 pm

Great !!!  :laugh: :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:07 pm

ha ha nice
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:09 pm

Yari7 wrote:An intresting fact is that we actually had more possesion then Arsenal in our worst spell of the game. We had 51% to Arsenals 49%.

It might be an intersting fact Yari, but I think you'll also find it is also utter b0ll0cks. "Posession" remains ours until they've actually got the ball off us again. In the first half an hour we were kicking it that far down the pitch it was taking them 30 seconds at a time to go fetch it back into our half again. If you add on all those thirty senonds's, we were chasing Hank Marvins mate.

In actual fact, we were probably chasing the shadows of the shadows which had just gone   :D
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Ive watched the highlights 21 times so far today. At the end I kind of feel sorry for Arsene Wenger he looks shocked. He looks like he could use a hug......

and then a slap!!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:45 pm

bigmick wrote:
Yari7 wrote:An intresting fact is that we actually had more possesion then Arsenal in our worst spell of the game. We had 51% to Arsenals 49%.

It might be an intersting fact Yari, but I think you'll also find it is also utter b0ll0cks. "Posession" remains ours until they've actually got the ball off us again. In the first half an hour we were kicking it that far down the pitch it was taking them 30 seconds at a time to go fetch it back into our half again. If you add on all those thirty senonds's, we were chasing Hank Marvins mate.

In actual fact, we were probably chasing the shadows of the shadows which had just gone   :D

We were chasing BLUR's !  :D

Watching the penalty decision though and I must admit that was really harsh on arsenal. Not complaining mind, we have had a few dodgy ones against ourselves so sod em !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:48 pm

From what I saw tonight...United will absoloutely murder Barcelona. Barcelona were run raggered by Schalke. They couldn't handle the formation Schalke set out with and it was a very similar formation to what United will most likely play. United couldn't be arsed to put it bluntly. They knew they'd won and were really in second gear all game and still managed to win. It was never a penalty for Roma, never in a million years but Di Rossi was closer to hitting the roof of the City of Manchester Stadium than the net of at Old Trafford.

So for my money it's an all red north west final. United in their current form will :censored: Barcelona if tonight is anything to go by. Which sickens me because I don't want them mancy :censored: anywhere near a final. I don't even want them getting losers medals. There might be no better feeling than beating them in a final (2003 league cup) but there's certainly no feeling in the world like losing to them in a final either (77 and 96 fa cup finals) Heart couldn't take losing to them in the final of the european cup. By the way, does anyone know which way round the united-barce legs are...is it old trafford first or second leg?

On a positive note, Watford lost 3-0 to Barnsley (remember them) which keeps Bristol City on course to gain automatic promotion to the Premiership next year. Come on you robins. Just thought you'd like to know how Gary Johnson and the boys were getting on. :laugh:
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:50 pm

Simply unbelievable  :buttrock
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:54 pm

bigmick wrote:

Come on Mick, surely after a game like that you can manage a  :buttrock or two?

LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:16 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Come on Mick, surely after a game like that you can manage a  :buttrock or two?

Dead right sorry 'bout that  :buttrock  :eyebrow  :bowdown  :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:26 pm

neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:04 am

woof woof ! wrote:A great game , must admit when the got their 2nd goal with just minutes left to play I thought we'd blown it, jumped out of my chair and started nutting the wall , moaning "no no no no no noooooooooo" . Only Babel earning the pen saved me from doing myself some serious injury :D

:D After Torres scored I was thinking to myself 'KEEP IT TIGHT AND COMPACT, IT'S TOO OPEN', but we continued to press very high up the pitch and I thought f*ck me this is dangerous - Arsenal could break on us at any point should we lose possession. Adebayor warned us with that great chance, then he scored the barsteward, and it was a f*cking killer, then before you knew it Babel burst through and earned us a penalty, which Gerrard placed to perfection :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock 
LFC2007

Postby neil » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:08 am

Toffeehater wrote:
neil wrote:under no circumstance should we play riise at left back against arsenal, they targeted him at anfield in the cup last season and run rings around him.

He's better then aurelio . End of and thats why he should play , defensively he's better

wrong, FA is alot better mate, sorry but look at the cup game against arsenal last year, it was shocking, really embarrasing for JAR.
Last edited by neil on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:22 am

He's a funny player is Aurelio in that he has it in him to be a top class fullback, but he can also be awful on occasions. His quality is fairly obvious if you look at him, he tucks in at the right time to compact the defence, pushes out to the winger quickly without committing, has a bit of snap in the tackle and a sweet left foot. He doesn't look to be a flying machine but isn't a slouch sither, and while he doesn't try and bomb to the bi-line, he can ping in a liovely cross when the mood takes him.

As many have already said, he must be mustard at the old free-kicks in training as everyone steps aside when we get one, and all in all he might just be a player. Whether it's the injuries, the rotation, the lack of readily available Brazillian grub or whatever though, he just can't seem to string it together consistently. At his best he is plenty good enough IMHO to play for a title challenging/winning team, but at his worst his passing is too casual, his shooting annoyingly eratic and his closing down too feeble. He also occasionally goes into sleep mode which can let people get in behind him.

He's clearly a better footballer than Riise, but he's just about the most inconsistent player I can remember in recent seasons. He probably needs a rocket up his erse and someone to tell him that he either puts it in on a permanent basis or he can feck off. None of this modern day PC nonsense from me today :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion