LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN - Sat 11th april. 12.45pm anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Slip up now and its going to look very bad
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Effes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:36 pm

Got in the ground today and saw people putting bets on, thought I'd have a little
dabble on Torres first scorer, £5 @ 3-1. Nice little bonus. :)
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Considering the emotion and the significance of today, the football match almost paled into insignificance in comparison. Obviously it was still a must win massive game but the fact that it was the Hillsbrough tribute day, plus the fact that the game turned into a training session made for a strange atmosphere.

As for on the pitch, it was one of the easiest games I can remember us having for years. Even Newcastle put up a better fight when we battered them 5-1 earlier in the season.

YNWA 96.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GRAHAM01 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:30 pm

great result for us just have to keep it going

come on red men
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:33 pm

Listen to that YNWA on MOTD. Gives me goosebumps every time I hear that.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:48 pm

mgabby wrote:again this :censored: macheda :angry:

lookin at replay it was pure luck could have been any other player

unbelieveable would have been so good for us if sunderland had drew with those :censored:

getting sick of this luck factor winning games for manure

we've beaten scumsea and manure twice this season in PL and scored more goals and have a better goal difference we so deserve to be top

can only pray now that manure lose or draw some games and we keep winning......
cpc4eva

Postby Effes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:49 pm

bavlondon wrote:Listen to that YNWA on MOTD. Gives me goosebumps every time I hear that.

What did the pundits say Bav? Im stuck in work
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:00 pm

Effes wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Listen to that YNWA on MOTD. Gives me goosebumps every time I hear that.

They showed a clip of YNWA first including Steven Warnock putting down the flowers which was really nice. Then the match highlightsThen Hansen and Lawro talked about the events of that day and how it's bad it had to take something like that for everyone to wake up and properly prepare for games. He looked really teary eyed as well (Hansen).

Then they talked about the game today and he was basically focusing on Masch. Not a mention on Torres even with that wonder goal. Guess they just expect it every week now.

btw before the game on the sport segment on the news at 10 they had a small piece on Hillsborough and a short extract of an interview with Stevie who was talking about losing his cousin that day. I think the full or longer version of that is posted somewhere around here.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:01 pm

That fecking Manc is lurking again.

Go back to your own boards :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:02 pm

NANNY RED wrote:That fecking Manc is lurking again.

Go back to your own boards :laugh:

Which one I forgot his name. Someone ban him he is just going to come here and say disrespectful things about Hillsborough.

edit:
man utd the incredibles.  :laugh:
Last edited by tubby on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:10 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Effes wrote:

They showed a clip of YNWA first including Steven Warnock putting down the flowers which was really nice. Then the match highlightsThen Hansen and Lawro talked about the events of that day and how it's bad it had to take something like that for everyone to wake up and properly prepare for games. He looked really teary eyed as well (Hansen).

Then they talked about the game today and he was basically focusing on Masch. Not a mention on Torres even with that wonder goal. Guess they just expect it every week now.

btw before the game on the sport segment on the news at 10 they had a small piece on Hillsborough and a short extract of an interview with Stevie who was talking about losing his cousin that day. I think the full or longer version of that is posted somewhere around here.

Cheers Bav

Cant see many goals being better than Torres' this month.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Effes wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Effes wrote:

Cheers Bav

Cant see many goals being better than Torres' this month.

Me neither, great first time touch from him. Still as far as any goal of the month goes I reckon everyone will end up choosing that 17 year old manc :censored::D

Look at that goal difference 38!!!!
Last edited by tubby on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Torres: Momentum is with Pool

Fernando Torres feels thrashing Blackburn Rovers will lift Liverpool's confidence ahead of the UEFA Champions League clash with Chelsea.

Liverpool's European prospects are hanging in the balance following a 3-1 home defeat in the first leg of their quarter-final tie on Wednesday night.

Back in Premier League action and the Reds responded superbly as Torres scored twice en route to a 4-0 victory over Blackburn.

Torres, who scored Liverpool's goal in the first leg against Chelsea, is looking forward to Tuesday's trip to Stamford Bridge.

And the in-form Spanish striker is feeling upbeat about the five-time European champions' chances of upsetting the odds and reaching the Champions League semi-finals.

"It was a great result coming after the game against Chelsea," Torres told Sky Sports. "The last game wasn't good, but we've done our job.

"We have confidence after this result to go to Stamford Bridge on Tuesday."

Torres' first goal was a contender for goal of the season, as he controlled a long ball on his chest before swivelling to hook a fierce strike into the far corner.

"Sometimes you try to score like this, but normally the ball goes out," he added. "But this one went in. It was a good goal."

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Effes wrote:Got in the ground today and saw people putting bets on, thought I'd have a little
dabble on Torres first scorer, £5 @ 3-1. Nice little bonus. :)

Had a tenner on us to win 3-0 at 8/1, needless to say Ngog was getting dogs abuse from me.  :veryangry  :D
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:30 am

Fark me lads, I said to my boys when we were 2 up, 'we need 4 here to build up the goal difference'  and I have to say I´ve never seem a 10-0 game won 4-0 until today.

Great win and response after the Chelsea game but we should have put 6 or 7 away today.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion