LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 21st april 2009. anfield 8pm k/o

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:24 am

Hopefully peter crouch has his scoring boots on
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:34 am

heimdall wrote:I will not ignore it just because it's an alcoholic hurling the abuse. I'm sure most of us on here have had a drink or two tonight but there is still no need to be xenophobic and abusive.

I am not an alcoholic yes I had a drink last night, but an alchie I am not, as for me apoligising to you  ???  Forget it pal.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:38 am

Toffeehater wrote:Hopefully peter crouch has his scoring boots on

He might not even use his boot tonight  :D head past the van der cissy and vidick ..woow i wud luv tht... :D
RobinHood6969

Postby destro » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:07 am

Once again what a game !

This season is killing me, United have a great chance now to draw level on titles and that hurts but......watching our last few games ( Chelsea included ) I cant help but smile at the we have been playing. Yes the defence has not been great at times but the 1000MPH stuff we have been playing going forward means I have not been as annoyed at the dropped points or being knocked out of the Champions League as I would normally be ?!!.

The Madrid game,the Newcastle game,Villa,United,Chelsea and now last nights, real breath taking football, edge of your seat kind of stuff a bit like Newcastle under Keegan but hopefully with a better ending.

I always use to say if I had to choose then I  would rather us play out boring 1-0 wins instead of exciting attacking football  if it meant we won the League but the last few games have made me see that maybe not this Season ( although I wont rule it out until its mathematically impossible ) but deff the next one we can do both.

Could we play the way we have been lately all Season with out most of our players being burnt out come the business end , prob not, could we have played just a bit more like we have in certain games, obviously yes but what ever happens between now and the last game it has been one hell of a ride and the makers of our 2008/2009 Season DVD are going to have to make it a double disc edition at this rate :;):
destro

Postby lakes10 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:23 am

Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Boocity wrote:
lakes10 wrote:2 of their goals were down to our back 4, the other 2 were down to our back 4 and our keeper.

sorry i love football and this was a great game, i know we did not win and i feel Rafa did make a few mistakes when it come to setting rules for our back 4, not sure why they feel the need to split so wide or to push up so much when we are in total control of the game.
no sure what is up with Reina he has let in 8 goals in 2 games, that dont look good on anyones CV.

You cant blame Reina when his defence let him down so badly

But he blames Rafa in  his refrence, which is typical of him cause he prefers fat sam english manager to rafa.

Freedom of speech is a terrible thing isn't it Ciggy, we must all worship and obey Rafa for he makes no mistake. You really need to snap out fo this brainwashing.  :D
All he said was he thought Rafa made a few mistakes is he not entitled to say that? Personally I don't agree with him but I still respect his opinion, shame you can't!

BTW Scotbot I'm not exactly the only one thinking Reina had a stinker but best too just focus your attack on me eh? A nice safe target where you don't have too use any imagination or brains.

Feck off yer useless idoit and get a grip, your cruisade against our manager is pathetic feck off you Norweigen gobsh!te, totally clueless like the rest of them.

I am feckin proud of our lads tonight and they deserve credit, if we listened to you two gobsh!tes you and Lakes Fat Sam Ingurlund lover well Liverpool would be relegated.

I have my doubts about you Heimdall I really believe you are a Man U fan, my and Leon have been talking about this I am starting to believe it.
No one likes you here so feck off kunt.

lol Ciggy , just been reading your posts from last night, hope you are in a better mood today.

just look at it this way, it was a great game of footbal, our players made mistakes Rafa made mistakes but it lead to yet again a great game of football.

lets see what happens tonight.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:33 am

I say F*ck Manu, we are the most exciting team in the premiership. and no matter how good arshavin was, i agree with stevie g... Benayoun was awesome last night.
Actually, both teams were class, attacking anyways lol.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:40 am

Dawson mate, you get feckall for moral victories....yet again another season passes by and we have no silverware on the wall. So a disappointing result last night is just in keeping with the season as a whole.
Truly shocking defending last night, absolutely disgraceful....
I'm desperately hoping against hope that the Scum will drop points starting tonight....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 am

still wondering where are defence went last night but that was one hell of a game

i believe we still have a chance but all we can do is sort are own ship out and win the rest of are games, that is all we can do

and hope of course that pomp, city, and ars beat them :D

come on lads and lasses lets get behind the boys and believe!!
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:44 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Dawson mate, you get feckall for moral victories....yet again another season passes by and we have no silverware on the wall. So a disappointing result last night is just in keeping with the season as a whole.
Truly shocking defending last night, absolutely disgraceful....
I'm desperately hoping against hope that the Scum will drop points starting tonight....

but what a game!
Shocking defending by both sides, but we were part of somethign special.. something stupidly brilliant. Only 2 defeats all season? When did we last lose at home?
Scored 8 goals in 2 games and taken 14 points off the big 3... that's progression.

Yeah, this season now looks poo, but next season... next season if we play like this season we'll have the title wrapped up by april   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:47 am

Ye gotta wonder though how we can - in two games against the big guys - score four goals and STILL draw the match, eh ? Is that not a step backwards ? WTF was the problem with the defence last nite ?
Dunno why Skrtel wasn't playing - not that I'm laying blame at Agger's feet.....I posted here yesterday that I thought Aurelio would shyte himself against Walcott and he proved me right, even if Walcott came on only late into the game.
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 am

To score four goals and not win is unforgiveable, we gifted them so many of the goals with careless mistakes and should have probably had the game won by half time. Two good assists from Kuyt for the first two, should really have been three assists for Kuyt but for a lack of clinical finishing. You don't get too many hum-dingers like that, our defence should be a lot tighter.

Their defence was poor, unfortunately Fabianski got his stinker out the way on Saturday and you would be hard pressed to know they'd played twice since we last played. I didn't think the absence of Adebayor would make a lot of difference, they still have plenty of stars in their ranks and Arshavin showed his worth last night - albeit assisted by our defending. That's four games against North London sides this season, we've not won any and still have spudz to come.

Is it title over? It's hard to say definitely given the mancs have to win their games in hand to make most of our dropped points, and they and Chelsea still have to play Arsenal. But will their defences be as generous as our's was - I doubt it, even if they do concede goals I can't see them making as many individual errors in one game. I think Wenger's daydream of winning the title is over, catching one team nine points ahead with five games left might be Roy of the Rovers stuff, but to catch two teams nine points ahead - one with games in hand - ranks between improbable and impossible. Still they can win a trophy this season, we could end up being the only trophyless top four side this season and it will probably be our third in a row

Last night's scoreline may not sum up our season, but the result does. Our ELEVENTH draw in the league this season and our SEVENTH at home. Some may have been riding on a high from our run of results in the Premiership, but we've lost it in 2009.

Liverpool Premiership 08/09

Aug-Dec 2008 : P20 W13 D6 L1 F35 A13 PTS 45 (Won 65.00%)
Jan-Apr 2009 : P13 W7 D5 L1 F28 A12 PTS 26 (Won 53.85%)

18 of our 28 goals since the New Year have come in the last five games. We've dropped 13 points in the last 13 games having dropped only 15 in the first 20.

I think too many Liverpool fans were donning rose tinted specs, looking at points the mancs might drop. It was always inevitable we would drop points somewhere and home is where it happens too often.

Home : P17 W10 D7 L0 F35 A12 PTS 37 (Won 58.82%)
Away : P16 W10 D4 L2 F28 A13 PTS 34 (Won 62.50%)

Unbeaten at home in the league, but still dropping 14 points through draws compared to 14 dropped away. We've only drawn more home games in the Premiership ONCE, eight draws at home in 2002/03 when we blew our excellent start

Most Home Draws (Liverpool, Top Flight)

11 : 1951/52 (21 games, pos. 11th) - drew 52.38%
10 : 1948/49 (21 games, pos. 12th) - drew 47.62%
10 : 1970/71 (21 games, pos. 5th) - drew 47.62%
8 : 2002/03 (19 games, pos. 5th) - drew 42.11%
8 : 1925/26 (21 games, pos. 7th) - drew 38.10%
8 : 1936/37 (21 games, pos. 18th) - drew 38.10%
8 : 1947/48 (21 games, pos. 11th) - drew 38.10%
8 : 1953/54 (21 games, pos. 22nd) - drew 38.10%
7 : 2008/09 (17 games, 1st for now) - drew 41.18%

There are four previous instances of seven home draws in a top flight season, all 21 game seasons and most home defeats were four (twice) We can't break our own overall top flight record, but we can our 19 home game season record. The most the mancs have drawn at home in any Premiership season is six in 1993/94 and 2004/05.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 am

lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Boocity wrote:
lakes10 wrote:2 of their goals were down to our back 4, the other 2 were down to our back 4 and our keeper.

sorry i love football and this was a great game, i know we did not win and i feel Rafa did make a few mistakes when it come to setting rules for our back 4, not sure why they feel the need to split so wide or to push up so much when we are in total control of the game.
no sure what is up with Reina he has let in 8 goals in 2 games, that dont look good on anyones CV.

You cant blame Reina when his defence let him down so badly

But he blames Rafa in  his refrence, which is typical of him cause he prefers fat sam english manager to rafa.

Freedom of speech is a terrible thing isn't it Ciggy, we must all worship and obey Rafa for he makes no mistake. You really need to snap out fo this brainwashing.  :D
All he said was he thought Rafa made a few mistakes is he not entitled to say that? Personally I don't agree with him but I still respect his opinion, shame you can't!

BTW Scotbot I'm not exactly the only one thinking Reina had a stinker but best too just focus your attack on me eh? A nice safe target where you don't have too use any imagination or brains.

Feck off yer useless idoit and get a grip, your cruisade against our manager is pathetic feck off you Norweigen gobsh!te, totally clueless like the rest of them.

I am feckin proud of our lads tonight and they deserve credit, if we listened to you two gobsh!tes you and Lakes Fat Sam Ingurlund lover well Liverpool would be relegated.

I have my doubts about you Heimdall I really believe you are a Man U fan, my and Leon have been talking about this I am starting to believe it.
No one likes you here so feck off kunt.

lol Ciggy , just been reading your posts from last night, hope you are in a better mood today.

just look at it this way, it was a great game of footbal, our players made mistakes Rafa made mistakes but it lead to yet again a great game of football.

lets see what happens tonight.

heimdall will play the victim well like he always does, but he invites most of what he is on the end of. I tend to ignore him
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 am

Good artcile. No denying it we are on the up and this season is not over yet. Out of all our remaining fixtures this one was the only one which I could see us probabl dropping points.

Liverpool v Arsenal: Just another thrilling act in theatre of English football
Hand out the sedatives. The natives can't take much more of this.

By Kevin Garside at Anfield
Last Updated: 7:35AM BST 22 Apr 2009

The theatre that is English football threw out another script that stretched the imaginations of those that thought they had seen it all at Stamford Bridge a week ago. Four-all draws at Chelsea. Top that. OK, here goes.

Liverpool could not decide what award they were going for last night; best support or leading actor. They were both at varying times in a match that defied all attempts to explain it. Reason and logic had no purchase in this caper.

Andrei Arshavin scored four goals after auditioning for the role of Invisible Man. Maybe Liverpool just didn't see him. The hosts pounded the Arsenal goal all night yet needed a late punt to nick a point.

Beware Arsenal in the springtime. Not much. Events of 20 years ago have dominated the Anfield landscape of late. Michael Thomas's late winner for Arsenal with seconds remaining of the 1988-89 season closed a bleak chapter in the history of Liverpool.

No tragedy, of course, but in the terms of reference that brought another capacity house to Anfield with hope in their hearts last night, a sickening blow to morale in 1989.

As denouements go, that dramatic piece of football larceny, with Steve McMahon reminding Anfield that the championship was only one minute away, is unlikely to be topped. Nevertheless this nerve-shredder made its own contribution to Anfield lore.

There was no sign of another Arsenal takeaway, either in the teamsheet or on the pitch in an opening that threatened doom for the visitors.

The absence of first-choice strike force Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor, injured apparently, and Theo Walcott, benched, suggested that the Premier League was no longer Arsene Wenger's fight.

Another red shadow looms next week, cast by Champions League semi-final opponents Manchester United. That is Arsenal's focus. Rafa Benitez called for six and out, a full-on finale, 18 points for the title.

Sir Alex Ferguson has always contended that his players have been over this course before, have proved themselves when expectation weighs heavy.

The position spoons our way the inference that this Liverpool side might fold at the very point they are required to deliver. Cast that from your minds.

Tightening hearts and limbs wore yellow in a powerful opening which saw a red tide breaking across the Arsenal defensive line. Polish goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski did not have long to wait for an opportunity to atone for the errors of Wembley. Whether at the feet of Fernando Torres or at full stretch, he was no clown here.

Liverpool's 10-match surge post the Riverside nadir and that inexplicable 2-0 surrender, coupled with the corresponding wobble 30 miles to the east, has forged the idea of a first Premier League crown and a first championship for 19 years into a new reality driving the Merseysiders on.

Is there a stadium in England that generates an atmosphere as febrile as Anfield on nights such as these? It was a cauldron, a point no doubt noted by the attending co-owner Tom Hicks, a Texan who could do with an excuse not to go looking for credit lines to build a new house.

This one houses a million memories recording a past that none in England can match. And so a sense of destiny seeped out of the Anfield fabric. Even Mrs Benitez, known as 'Montse love' in these parts, sang along to You'll Never Walk Alone.

Torres and Yossi Benayoun, with two goals apiece, cancelled out Arshavin's stunning four-goal haul to keep hope alive.

What do you make of that Fergie? Arrogance, contempt, or just plain speaking by a team dishing an uncomfortable truth Manchester's way?

Despite the points dropped this Liverpool team is learning the way home. They might not get there this season, but there is a substance to Rafa's project that cannot be denied much longer. Arsenal were hanging on for most of the game. This was Arshavin's night. And football's.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 am

Few points from last night.

1) Arsenal fans had a big banner with respect for the 96 on. Nice to see that from them.

2)Gillett, Hicks, Parry and Moores all sat together. Haven't done that for ages.

3)With their 4th goal, we sent everyone forward and rafa was screaming at Carra to stay back and he :censored: flipped when they scored.

4)Arshavin is deadly.

5)Webb's a manc.

6) Fantastic game of football, think the season is over now, unless pompey beat them tonight.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:21 am

Great read....right up to the point when you read BETWEEN the lines....where we dropped two points 'cos we couldn't defend...
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion