LIVERPOOL VS. ARSENAL - Tuesday, April 8th - 2nd leg of the quarterfinals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:13 pm

it was Alonso who looked out of touch to me - he had a poor game agian
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:15 pm

What i liked (and my mum texted me to say she liked as well) was how torres was fouled, went down, got straight up... whereas if it ever happened to the gooners they rolled around, screamed for cards and made a fuss. torres pure class
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Bad Bob wrote:WTF was Adebayor gesturing to their fans?  Was he actually telling them they could leave because that was game over? :laugh:

Whatever he was saying he looked like a right tool, although in fairness to the guy he seems to have taken the defeat far better than Wenger.

....................................................................................
Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor says the club must accept the referee's decision after Tuesday night's Champions League elimination at Liverpool.

While manager Arsene Wenger rounded on the refereeing over the two legs, Adebayor said: "There's a lot of things I don't understand in football and I couldn't say if it was a penalty or not tonight.
....................................................................................

i presume the offside rule comes quite high on that list then?  :D
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:42 am

Full re-run of the match on LFC TV tonight 7pm.  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:46 am

dawson99 wrote:great game, only just got over the hangover... but the commentary had me raging... dont wanna get too down but WTF, absolute disgrace the way everything we did was lucky, everything they did was magnificent. absolutely made up... cheatski in the semis... not even looking at the final yet!!!

oh, by the way, we played arsenal off the park tuesday, by far deserved the result

Just the way things are, says plenty about the idiots that influence the 'thinking' of the rest of the population. Anyway here's two summaries of the match with the teams changed :-

Liverpool were lucky to win the tie over two legs, getting the better of penalty decisions which could have gone the other way. Arsenal were by far the better side, playing the better football for the majority of the tie, and just when it looked like they would snatch it at the end the award of a dubious penalty saved the day for Lucky Liverpool.

Man Utd showed dogged determination to win the tie over two legs, making the most of the decisions and what possession they had. Man Utd showed solid and determined defence against Arsenal attacks, Arsenal were gifted a fortunate second leg lead by a keeper error and then almost stole it with a swift counter-attack. Man Utd showed great resolve in fighting back against the odds to lead 2-1 before being hit on the counter late on. But again Man Utd showed they fight to the death, they didn't lie down and give up, but went right up the other end to win a penalty that decided the tie in their favour. That dogged determination, determined defence and resolve never to give up gave them a hard earned win and semi final place.

Just a case of turning negatives into positives. The fact that the mancs were playing Roma, one of the weakest of the Quarter-Finalists and still could have come a cropper hasn't taken anything away from them in the eyes of the media. If Roma are currently the second best in Italy, it begs the question how sh1 te are the rest? It explains why Arsenal and Liverpool won in the Zan Zero without conceding and why there was only one Italian side in the last four. Quite what that says about Real Madrid I wouldn't like to guess, then again they haven't exactly continued their domination of Europe in recent seasons.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:57 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Full re-run of the match on LFC TV tonight 7pm.  :)

Maybe the menu has changed but it's on now . And Fabio has hardly put a foot wrong.    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Good post of Bad Bob up there.

The first time I watched the match was with Spanish commentators, and the second one with ITC commentators.

Aldo said, that not one man but two :D pull down Babel and that was a penalty. Some people would say that's biased.

But the ITV commentators made me  :O , they went on and on about the last game's not conceded penalty. How a past game can influence to judge a penalty in this one? That was a penalty for any neutral commentator in Spain, France, everywhere, and it was a silly one, but that's football: Alonso and Aurelio didn't take down Walcott and we paid. Their player made an unnecessary foul, and they paid for it. Nothing strange, no need to bring the other day's game to judge this action. I'm really surprised with the supposed  neutrality of the english media. I really am.  :no
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:23 am

wanna say 1 thing...BABEL:D
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion