LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 21st april 2009. anfield 8pm k/o

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Tonight is what they call  'a slow news night..... '
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:39 am

Sabre wrote:Regardless any football analysis we make here, I want Bermenstein opens the remaining match threads.

i think you'll find sabre that bumstains previous arsenal v liverpool league match thread also ended in a DRAW

:nod
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 am

Judge wrote:
Sabre wrote:Regardless any football analysis we make here, I want Bermenstein opens the remaining match threads.

i think you'll find sabre that bumstains previous arsenal v liverpool league match thread also ended in a DRAW

WITCH JUDGE WITCH JUDGE..HE MUST DIE!! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:41 am

oil of toad, grease of frog, turn that bazza into a t'wat :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 am

It is truly, truly perplexing to me how we have just clicked into a top class side since the Boro debacle. In these last two months we've play the best football I've seen from us since we last won the league. It's so fast, aggressive, skillful and, for the most part, laden with goals.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:33 am

Number 9 wrote:
Judge wrote:

bumstains draw thread with the gooners click here

:p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:36 am

stmichael wrote:It is truly, truly perplexing to me how we have just clicked into a top class side since the Boro debacle. In these last two months we've play the best football I've seen from us since we last won the league. It's so fast, aggressive, skillful and, for the most part, laden with goals.

It's a combination of factors I think and could be put down to;

- The pressure being off, it all looked well and truly over after the Boro defeat and clearly we had been feeling it up until that point. I think the whole team relaxed and played their own game after that. You really see that in the Sunderland fixture in mid-week after the Boro game. I think the lads took that same attitude into the game at Old Trafford and then suddenly it was like, Shi...t!!! we're back in this now, come on!

- Having a fit and firing Torres back in the side has made a HUGE difference.

- Several players have hit form all at that same time. Gerrard, Alonso and Pepe have been there for most of the season but when you throw in Masch (the difference between now and September is massive), Yossi, Aurelio and some improved performances from Riera it makes all the difference.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Scottbot wrote:
stmichael wrote:It is truly, truly perplexing to me how we have just clicked into a top class side since the Boro debacle. In these last two months we've play the best football I've seen from us since we last won the league. It's so fast, aggressive, skillful and, for the most part, laden with goals.

It's a combination of factors I think and could be put down to;

- The pressure being off, it all looked well and truly over after the Boro defeat and clearly we had been feeling it up until that point. I think the whole team relaxed and played their own game after that. You really see that in the Sunderland fixture in mid-week after the Boro game. I think the lads took that same attitude into the game at Old Trafford and then suddenly it was like, Shi...t!!! we're back in this now, come on!

- Having a fit and firing Torres back in the side has made a HUGE difference.

- Several players have hit form all at that same time. Gerrard, Alonso and Pepe have been there for most of the season but when you throw in Masch (the difference between now and September is massive), Yossi, Aurelio and some improved performances from Riera it makes all the difference.

I can see what you're saying but then I'm not sure there's been a big change of style at all. As you say it's probably that we've had Torres and Yossi banging them in and Dirk playing at the top of his game recently. The reason we're losing goals is through poor mistakes or, at Chelsea, because we had to go gung ho because of the way the tie was situated going into it.

United away was clinical, not gung ho. Real at home was how we play in big European home games. Only Villa at home has stood out as a performance that surprised me in the way that we just kept attacking when we didn't really need to.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Doesn't explain how all of a sudden the defence has started making Sunday League schoolboy errors though does it ?
I mean what's the explanation for falling asleep (Arbeloa) or not doing the sensible thing EVERY defender does when under pressure (Aurelio, Masch) and clear your fookin' lines ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Judge wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
Judge wrote:

so he only leads you 4-0 in the wins against the 'big four' match threads then.................... or 13-1 in points
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:03 pm

heimdall wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
algymoon wrote:???
It was not a good performance at all, full of bad mistakes all over the pitch, Rafa’s team selection was quite defensive, we ought to have started with two strikers, i.e. Torres and Ngog, or Babel, at the back Insur should be ahead of Aurelio (he is disappointing) Insur is a sound defender and more mobile.
We have given the game away, and I cannot see M.Utd will mess up this great position they are in now, we could end up empty handed this season, like the past three seasons, nothing to cheer about.

Aye Insur is a Belter! ???

Welcome back Igor! :)

???  Are you saying Insua is :censored:, bit confused.

BTW Welcome back Igor, nice to see you back and also welcome back BigMick you've both been missed.

I really can't fault Rafa lately he's been doing the right things at the right times. If we'd played with this much passion and free flowing football all season we'd have already won the prem. Hopefully Rafa has finally learned although we were all saying that at the end of last season as well if I recall.  :D

Cheers Heimdall lash , i've missed you too .

can you feel the love ?

Group hug. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Judge wrote:oil of toad, grease of frog, turn that bazza into a t'wat :D

WITCH!

tonyeh

Postby gobsh » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:03 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
gobsh wrote:
gobsh wrote:"We shall not we shall not be moved just like the team that's gonna win the mumble mumble mumble we shall not be moved"

What was the mumble mumble part? Does anyone know?

can anyone answer this or not?

?*?*?*  off yeh bellend

Erm, why are you being like that lid?
gobsh

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:40 pm

Owzat wrote:
Judge wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
Judge wrote:

so he only leads you 4-0 in the wins against the 'big four' match threads then.................... or 13-1 in points

considering i only did one, it was a good one tho

plus i had success with real madrid

plenty of goals
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:44 pm

gobsh wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
gobsh wrote:
gobsh wrote:"We shall not we shall not be moved just like the team that's gonna win the mumble mumble mumble we shall not be moved"

What was the mumble mumble part? Does anyone know?

can anyone answer this or not?

?*?*?*  off yeh bellend

Erm, why are you being like that lid?

Fishin fishin , reel them in  :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion