LIVERPOOL VS. ARSENAL - Tuesday, April 8th - 2nd leg of the quarterfinals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skatesy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:26 am

Okay everyone. It is time. I am thinking that the team that  Rafa fields will be very similar, if not the same, as the team he has been fielding for the past month or two.

2-0 for Liverpool FC!!  :buttrock  :D
skatesy

Postby RedBlood » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:33 am

id change it after the weekend

id go for:

reina

finnan     carra     skrtel     riise

gerrard     masch     alonso     benyoun

torres     crouch

arebola
hyypia
lucas
pennant
babel
kuyt
nemeth

1-0 to the reds ofcourse :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby skatesy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:35 am

RedBlood wrote:id change it after the weekend

id go for:

reina

finnan     carra     skrtel     riise

gerrard     masch     alonso     benyoun

torres     crouch

arebola
hyypia
lucas
pennant
babel
kuyt
nemeth

1-0 to the reds ofcourse :D

I do like the formation. However, I would take Alonso out and put Gerrard in the middle. RM would be a toss up between Kuyt and Pennant.
skatesy

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:50 am

We'd better keep the same team for this one in the interests of fluency and cohesion, you simply can't change a team that managed to get such a good result against Arsenal, it wouldn't do confidence any good. How could you drop Plessis?, that would be crazy, he put in a very good performance and dropping him would only dent his confidence. Nope, everything should stay the same for this one, rotating would be silly.  :;):
LFC2007

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:05 am

LFC2007 wrote:We'd better keep the same team for this one in the interests of fluency and cohesion, you simply can't change a team that managed to get such a good result against Arsenal, it wouldn't do confidence any good. How could you drop Plessis?, that would be crazy, he put in a very good performance and dropping him only dent his confidence. Nope, everything should stay the same for this one, rotating would be silly.  :;):

Sarcasm at its worst.
66-1112520797

Postby skatesy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:12 am

Bamaga man wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:We'd better keep the same team for this one in the interests of fluency and cohesion, you simply can't change a team that managed to get such a good result against Arsenal, it wouldn't do confidence any good. How could you drop Plessis?, that would be crazy, he put in a very good performance and dropping him only dent his confidence. Nope, everything should stay the same for this one, rotating would be silly.  :;):

Sarcasm at its worst.

So I guess Gerrard and Torres will keep training at Melwood?
skatesy

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:19 am

skatesy wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Sarcasm at its worst.

:laugh:  PMSLH

NOT
66-1112520797

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:23 am

Bamaga man wrote:

Sarcasm at its worst.

That told me.
LFC2007

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:28 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Sarcasm at its worst.

That told me.

Yeah, your not funny are ya.
66-1112520797

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:30 am

I don't proclaim to be.
LFC2007

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:33 am

Dont try to be then.
66-1112520797

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:35 am

We'd better keep the same team for this one in the interests of fluency and cohesion, you simply can't change a team that managed to get such a good result against Arsenal, it wouldn't do confidence any good. How could you drop Plessis?, that would be crazy, he put in a very good performance and dropping him only dent his confidence. Nope, everything should stay the same for this one, rotating would be silly.   

Sarcasm at its worst. 

:laugh:  PMSLH

NOT

Likewise.  :D
LFC2007

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:05 am

I really don't know about this one, it would be very risky to change formations, but Crouch has done so well against Arsenal, their defense just can't handle him.  I trust Rafa to pick the right team though.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:42 am

i dont care what team he puts out ! as long as we get to the semi finals ---------------------------- AGAIN !  :cool:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:43 am

I doubt Rafa will change his plan, the system we'd been using before Saturday saw us win 8 out of 10 and lose only one, he rested the players he intended bringing back so I doubt it will be anything other than the same XI that started the first leg.

It's unfortunate on Crouch and Plessis in particular, but Rafa's not going to drop Torres for Crouch, he's not going to play Crouch in Kuyt or Babel's role and I doubt he will suddenly switch back to 4-4-2. Mascherano is available again and unless you lot have suddenly done a u-turn over your views of him then he will start. And I can't imagine the inexperienced Plessis will displace the much more experienced Xabi Alonso who has 157 appearances for Liverpool to his name. They should both make the bench mind, Crouch and Plessis.

EDIT : and don't forget Saturday wasn't a crucial, high pressure game as we didn't need to win it (they did), Tuesday is going to be a whole different kettle of fish and a whole different game.
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion