Benitez 'nets £40m transfer fund' - Bbc report tuesday 3rd april

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:17 pm

Read either Nuts or Zoo magazine today ( dont know which one it was in ), it has an interview with David Villa, he says he likes LIVERPOOL and would like to play for us because he has so many friends there. His bestest mate is Pepe Reina :)

So that settles it , no more talk of Eto signing, Villa is coming to play with his best mate :p
destro

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:42 pm

Bring in Anelka and keep Craig David and we're laughing. Plenty of potency then.

Villa, Anelka, Craig 'sinama pongolle' David, Peter Crouch.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scousephilly » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:57 pm

However much money Rafa has, we can be confident he will use it well.
Hasn't done badly with little funds.
While every manager makes signing mistakes, Rafa makes less mistakes than others.

It will be interesting to see what he does this year. One sure thing, don't be suprised to be suprised.

YNWA.
scousephilly

Postby Stu.Murph » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:05 pm

scousephilly wrote:However much money Rafa has, we can be confident he will use it well.
Hasn't done badly with little funds.
While every manager makes signing mistakes, Rafa makes less mistakes than others.

It will be interesting to see what he does this year. One sure thing, don't be suprised to be suprised.

YNWA.

Utter rubbish.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:25 am

my two pence.

reina is ok.
finnan is ok.
carra is ok.
agger is ok.
risse is ok.

our back 4 has proved they are good enough to compete against the big boys

gerrard is ok.
mascherano is ok.
alonso is ok.
sissoko is ok.
pennant is not ok, not good enough to challenge for title.
gonzo is also not ok.
zenden is not ok.
kewell is not ok...to injury prone
luis garcia is not ok, ok as a sub at best.

so in my view right winger and left winger needed.

crouch is ok.
kuyt is ok.
bellamy is ok....you need 3 or 4 strikers

so one striker is needed of high quality, not this ukrainian muppet who is coming either.

so realistically we need around 80 million to get 3 players

RW : joaquin or simao or danny alves (one of those will cost ya 20-40 mill)

LW : fukk knows

STR : villa or eto (both would go for no less than 25 mill)

unless the yanks bump up more funds i think we will struggle in the league next season once again
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:29 am

i think spain suits pongolle better, thus why he has done ok over their

the more high tempo phsyical games in the premier league dont suit him

cant see him coming back and doing well to be fair
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:59 pm

Rfa will get 40 mil from the boys upstairs and with some CL money thrown in plus money he will make from geeting rid of some players let say
crouch-10m
belamy-7m
zenden-3m
cisse-4mil
Rafa could end up with 80-mil to spend on the team we need If i had that money my team would be.

Renia
finnan                          Agger                     charrager                              Arbeloa

Alves                           Geerard                Masherino                              Ronaldino
16-mil                                                                                                30-mil
                                   Tevez 20-mil
                                                        Eto/ Swap for Alonso

Before you mock me for my chose of Ronaldino remember that hicks houlds one off the bigest contracts in the word. Who is to say he is not willing to offer one off the best players in the world a huge deal. Since it seams certan he will be leaving in the summer.
grayghost

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:05 pm

grayghost wrote:Rfa will get 40 mil from the boys upstairs and with some CL money thrown in plus money he will make from geeting rid of some players let say
crouch-10m
belamy-7m
zenden-3m
cisse-4mil
Rafa could end up with 80-mil to spend on the team we need If i had that money my team would be.

Renia
finnan                          Agger                     charrager                              Arbeloa

Alves                           Geerard                Masherino                              Ronaldino
16-mil                                                                                                30-mil
                                   Tevez 20-mil
                                                        Eto/ Swap for Alonso

Before you mock me for my chose of Ronaldino remember that hicks houlds one off the bigest contracts in the word. Who is to say he is not willing to offer one off the best players in the world a huge deal. Since it seams certan he will be leaving in the summer.

I'd jizz on ya if Ronaldinho came to Liverpool but I don't think he would suit the Premiership. Definately not a Rafa player in terms of tracking back. Neither is Garcia though. Be a decent replacement though
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:09 pm

You are proberly right but am just so thrilled about the possabiltes for next season any thing could happen. The sleeping giant is most sertanly awaking :)
grayghost

Postby scouser 'til I die » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:52 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:
grayghost wrote:Rfa will get 40 mil from the boys upstairs and with some CL money thrown in plus money he will make from geeting rid of some players let say
crouch-10m
belamy-7m
zenden-3m
cisse-4mil

Renia

Tevez 20-mil
                                                        Eto/ Swap for Alonso

I'd jizz on ya if Ronaldinho came to Liverpool but I don't think he would suit the Premiership. Definately not a Rafa player in terms of tracking back. Neither is Garcia though. Be a decent replacement though

haha i laughed at that  :laugh: and the fact you would sell alonso  ???

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby destro » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:29 pm

grayghost wrote:Before you mock me for my chose of Ronaldino remember that hicks houlds one off the bigest contracts in the word. Who is to say he is not willing to offer one off the best players in the world a huge deal. Since it seams certan he will be leaving in the summer.

Ronaldinho, never ever going to happen. It doesnt matter how much money the new owners have they have stated many times that they will no try to emulate what Abromovich has done at Chelsea i.e spending ridiculous ammounts of money.

They will make 'funds" available but nothing stupid, exactly how much is still guess work 40,50,60million ? Rafa probabley has the players he would like lined up already and will approach the board with his selections. There is no way he will spend over half if not more of his transfer kitty on ONE player

The main names being brandished about are ..

Tevez = 25million
Eto     = 30million
Villa   = people are saying 20-30million, his buyout clause is 70million !

So theres the list of possible forwards, hell of a lot of money to spend on two of them and an enormous ammount to spend on the third choice especially when its not just a proven striker we need
destro

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion