Benitez 'nets £40m transfer fund' - Bbc report tuesday 3rd april

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu.Murph » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:48 pm

metalhead wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Gonzalez never will "adapt". He's rubbish unfortunately and you can't make diamonds out of :censored:.

Duff isn't worth a gamble imo as he's not an improvement on Kewell and won't offer us anything Kewell doesn't. Plus he plays a similar number of games which isn't acceptable.

We need someone better and more reliable.

Vicente maybe? very good left winger, but injury prone i guess.

Doesn't offer enough of a goal threat from what I've seen and is also injury prone.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:06 pm

Is Stu marking our posts in this thread?

If we do have a sizeable wedge to spend this Summer, I cant see us being able to buy
2 top class players.

The positions I would fill would be Left Mid and a Goalscorer.

I wouldn't mind that Gamst Pedersen (although Ive not seen enough of him to judge)
What do people reckon on him? (dont think he's been mentioned before)

And I would trade in Alonso or Sissoko (plus cash) for Eto'o if need be.

There you go Stu, slag me off now.........
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:33 pm

Effes wrote:Is Stu marking our posts in this thread?

If we do have a sizeable wedge to spend this Summer, I cant see us being able to buy
2 top class players.

I wouldn't mind that Gamst Pedersen (although Ive not seen enough of him to judge)

The fact you state in your post you'd like to see someone you haven't been able to judge due to hardly seeing play, playing for us says it all so why would I want to slag you off? :laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:37 pm

aCe' wrote:i think we have a pretty good team as is... not many improvements needed... def. not as many as some suggest ! mascherano was a huge addition to the squad ! momo isnt half the player some make him out to be... great at what he does but is a liability when he has the ball ! not first choice in my books but a great player to have in the squad nonetheless !

i dont see rafa changing the formation next season either..
aurelio is a good player...had a bad start... still has alot to prove but i expect him to start more games next season... terrible injury at a bad timing... thought he would start every game till the end of the season if he hadnt been injured! dont see riise leaving either...good squad player maybe not as reliable defensively as ud expect him to be but dont expect him to leave unless rafa splashes out on a high profile leftback !

our midfield is brilliant... left side is still our main priority in the summer... duff, kewell, gonzales...etc wont improve our side imo... we need a fast natural left winger who can go at player...dribble past them and put decent crosses in... robben, mancini, robinho(not a left winger but has impressed playing in the left flank for madrid) ...etc

our forwards are probably the weakest link in the team atm... crouch is a good player and id love to see him in a liverpool shirt for years to come... dont see him as a first team starter but is a good option to have in the squad and wouldnt sell him unless silly money is offered (15mill or so) but again...who would pay 15mill for crouchie ?! kuyt ...simply dont like the guy... hes a striker who cant score and doesnt even tryo to get himself in scoring positions.. rafas tactics or not... he just doesnt cut it for me ! bellamy is a decent player who wont start in any title winning team..simple as! one of kuyt and bellamy i expect will be sold with bellamy the one most likely ! id love to see a big name come in and partner any of our current strikers... a player who can score loads of goals... a high profile striker with a proven record in a major league!

The problems crystal. What if we go and sign a goalscorer, then that goalscorer goes and gets injured in the first game? for months or even the season.

That moves us back to square one.

We NEED without question a left sided midfielder, TWO strikers and a centre half. If we don't sign those four players I'd be very very suprised if we win the league next season.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:01 pm

IF Harry is still here at the start of next year I would be inclined to stick with him. I know he's injury prone but when fit he is perfect for our squad with his balance of defence and attack spot on.

Robben won't leave, Ribery would be very brave to leave now and to be honest there are not many stand up and take notice left midfielders out there at present.

We have Leto coming in the summer as well don't forget, he is a left winger and at 24 years old I don't think he is "one for the future.

A striker and a right winger are my main concerns in the summer. Anything else is a bonus.
Last edited by Rafa D on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby premiership fan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 pm

Here is George Gillett Interview http://redsgoals.blogspot.com/
premiership fan

Postby Stu.Murph » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:IF Harry is still here at the start of next year I would be inclined to stick with him. I know he's injury prone but when fit he is perfect for our squad with his balance of defence and attack spot on.

Robben won't leave, Ribery would be very brave to leave now and to be honest there are not many stand up and take notice left midfielders out there at present.

We have Leto coming in the summer as well don't forget, he is a left winger and at 24 years old I don't think he is "one for the future.

A striker and a right winger are my main concerns in the summer. Anything else is a bonus.

If Harry's fit. When Harry gets fit. Thats the problem. Blatently. He can't be relied upon what so ever due to this. Nothing to do with his ability. He had a really decent season last season that just lacked a few goals. This season I was expecting the same again with one or two more goals... Look what we got... Nothin so far. I really rate Kewell but his time at Liverpool's up. Its not all his fault, I don't blame him for it, but the fact is you can't afford to have players like him who miss rediculous amounts of every season. At Least Owen normally managed around the 30 game mark every season.

You then go on to mention Robben. I used him as an example only. I'm not a fool and don't for a second think Chelsea would sell one of there best players to a main rival.

Stand up and notice left wingers? Do you mean there aren't many or they don't get the coverage? I think you'll find theres plenty out there. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they aren't there.

One striker and a right winger?

One forward? You think Bellamy, Crouch, Voronin and Kuyt are good enough? :laugh:

And a right winger? I mean, we've only got Gerrard, Pennant and Luis Garcia who can play there like... no talent there I supose. :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby premiership fan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:28 pm

EDIT: Sorry double post
premiership fan

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:31 pm

premiership fan wrote:EDIT: Sorry double post

We got it the first time!!! lol  :p
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:46 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:IF Harry is still here at the start of next year I would be inclined to stick with him. I know he's injury prone but when fit he is perfect for our squad with his balance of defence and attack spot on.

If Harry's fit. When Harry gets fit. Thats the problem. Blatently. He can't be relied upon what so ever due to this. Nothing to do with his ability. He had a really decent season last season that just lacked a few goals. This season I was expecting the same again with one or two more goals... Look what we got... Nothin so far. I really rate Kewell but his time at Liverpool's up. Its not all his fault, I don't blame him for it, but the fact is you can't afford to have players like him who miss rediculous amounts of every season. At Least Owen normally managed around the 30 game mark every season.

You then go on to mention Robben. I used him as an example only. I'm not a fool and don't for a second think Chelsea would sell one of there best players to a main rival.

Stand up and notice left wingers? Do you mean there aren't many or they don't get the coverage? I think you'll find theres plenty out there. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they aren't there.

One forward? You think Bellamy, Crouch, Voronin and Kuyt are good enough? :laugh:

And a right winger? I mean, we've only got Gerrard, Pennant and Luis Garcia who can play there like... no talent there I supose. :D

It seems we agree on Kewell expect I would be inclined to give the lad the chance in the last year of his contract. Its not like many clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him in the summer and maybe the idea of playing for a new contract will benefit him?

On the Robben thing you pointed out yesterday to me that it was an example so it was more directed at the other members who seem to have taken that on board.

The left wingers  - there are plenty out there yes, but most would command very high fees for only  potential to play in the Premiership. Can you think of a reasonably priced left winger that could come in and do a job for us?

The right wing for me is still a problem area - Pennant has been proved to have been found out. You may defend him but the facts are he has not been up to the required standard and doesn't look like he can. One good game I have seen him play in and he did not even play that well. He may be English, he may be able to cross 180 balls a season into the box but he is not Liverpool quality and never will be IMO. Gerrards immense there, but we need a quality right winger.

I don't see the need for more than one striker to replace Robbie. Voronin has not even put a shirt on for us yet so I wouldn't judge him too quickly - I don't expect him to be a world beater but I'll see how he adapts before passing judgement. Kuyt hasn't scored enough but seems to do enough for the team for Rafa to play him. Bellamy is an option on the bench and Crouch for all his doubters has scored 17 goals in 25 starts. I know you don't rate Crouch, but he is proving people wrong all the time and I fully expect him to get better and better as the season comes to a conclusion. With the addition of a quality striker to them 4 I think we would be fully equipped in the striking department.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:47 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
Effes wrote:Is Stu marking our posts in this thread?

2 top class players.

The fact you state in your post you'd like to see someone you haven't been able to judge due to hardly seeing play, playing for us says it all so why would I want to slag you off? :laugh:

What I meant was, I've seen him playing the odd game and seen some of the goals that he's scored. But haven't seen enough to write a long boring friggin scientific waffle post like the ones you like to w@nk over
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCNUTTER » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:38 pm

I think the new owners should give Stu the cash. He knows best what to do with it.
LFCNUTTER

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:29 pm

I hope Benitez doesn't go for more than 2 new players in the summer. Anymore and i can see it having a negative affect on our start to next season. I think its been a problem for the last few seasons now. Lots of new players and not enough time to gel. At the moment we are playing really well, just like this time last season. Why is that? I think its because our players are only now starting to work as a team. Man U spent very little last summer and look at them, the team as been working well from day one. I would like to see Daniel Alves and David villa in the team next season. Villa to replace Bellamy who i think is struggling and Alves to replace Pennant who has been so so to say the least.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:53 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

It seems we agree on Kewell expect I would be inclined to give the lad the chance in the last year of his contract. Its not like many clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him in the summer and maybe the idea of playing for a new contract will benefit him?

On the Robben thing you pointed out yesterday to me that it was an example so it was more directed at the other members who seem to have taken that on board.

The left wingers  - there are plenty out there yes, but most would command very high fees for only  potential to play in the Premiership. Can you think of a reasonably priced left winger that could come in and do a job for us?

The right wing for me is still a problem area - Pennant has been proved to have been found out. You may defend him but the facts are he has not been up to the required standard and doesn't look like he can. One good game I have seen him play in and he did not even play that well. He may be English, he may be able to cross 180 balls a season into the box but he is not Liverpool quality and never will be IMO. Gerrards immense there, but we need a quality right winger.

I don't see the need for more than one striker to replace Robbie. Voronin has not even put a shirt on for us yet so I wouldn't judge him too quickly - I don't expect him to be a world beater but I'll see how he adapts before passing judgement. Kuyt hasn't scored enough but seems to do enough for the team for Rafa to play him. Bellamy is an option on the bench and Crouch for all his doubters has scored 17 goals in 25 starts. I know you don't rate Crouch, but he is proving people wrong all the time and I fully expect him to get better and better as the season comes to a conclusion. With the addition of a quality striker to them 4 I think we would be fully equipped in the striking department.

How is Crouch proving anyone wrong? We've got exactly what we expected from him and we've had exactly what I expect.

I'm sick of hearing the "different and does a job and has uses arguement". Don't you understand its this sort of player who's stopping us from winning the league?

We need class... not decent players. We can afford to have decent players for the squad balance and as back up. But in the first team you need quality.

Still, you stick to your Crouch, Kuyt and Bellamy's. Its absoloute madness. Why don't we sell Gerrard and go and replace him with Solano and Milner? They're decent and have there uses, they'd also offer something different to Gerrard...

:no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:54 pm

LFCNUTTER wrote:I think the new owners should give Stu the cash. He knows best what to do with it.

What a worthwhile post. Brilliant. :laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion