LIVERPOOL VS. ARSENAL - Tuesday, April 8th - 2nd leg of the quarterfinals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:18 pm

Dunno if it's on any thread yet, but last night's CL coverage on RTE was followed by "analysis" by a panel comprised of Souness, Liam Brady and Eamon Dunphy. The last guy there is perhaps best known for a biography of Roy Kean where he basically stuck his head as far up Keane's jacksie as is humanly possible. Suffice to say he's a complete to$$pot anyway.
So, in preparation for Arsenal losing, and because Brady was away during the day at a press conference related to his involvement in the new coaching arrangement with Trappatoni and the Ireland set-up, Dunphy puts together a compilation of clips of Wenger goin' spare during recent matches. Brady was completely unimpressed at the clip, esp. the reference to John Cleese.
Now, I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I have to say it was hugely disrespectful considering the night that was in it. And especially as I think Wenger has been a breath of fresh air in the Premiership.
Hopefully it'll appear on YouTube for all to see....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Dunno if it's on any thread yet, but last night's CL coverage on RTE was followed by "analysis" by a panel comprised of Souness, Liam Brady and Eamon Dunphy. The last guy there is perhaps best known for a biography of Roy Kean where he basically stuck his head as far up Keane's jacksie as is humanly possible. Suffice to say he's a complete to$$pot anyway.
So, in preparation for Arsenal losing, and because Brady was away during the day at a press conference related to his involvement in the new coaching arrangement with Trappatoni and the Ireland set-up, Dunphy puts together a compilation of clips of Wenger goin' spare during recent matches. Brady was completely unimpressed at the clip, esp. the reference to John Cleese.
Now, I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I have to say it was hugely disrespectful considering the night that was in it. And especially as I think Wenger has been a breath of fresh air in the Premiership.
Hopefully it'll appear on YouTube for all to see....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Dunphy is an A1 prat.  What was his last slanging match that made it onto YouTube... the guy needed planting.

They dont show the clip, but here´s teh reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMTGmAZ0k4M
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:29 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Feck me i was p!ssed last night

Igor, were you on the good stuff last night? :D

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 pm

Mikel Arteta's commentary was deep and full of details, in the Spanish TV.

I learned for instance that Reina's home is well known for good cooking and several players go there as the cooking is better than in their own houses.

Other than that he was quite balanced in the comments to be a bitter. He acknowledged that us playing two strikers gave superiority in the middle in the first minutes, which I agree, but then he praised our pressing and rythm.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:23 pm

Anyone got any large pics from last night? I need a new wallpaper for my work.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:25 pm

Reg wrote:Dunphy is an A1 prat.  What was his last slanging match that made it onto YouTube... the guy needed planting.

They dont show the clip, but here´s teh reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMTGmAZ0k4M

That guy is such a c.ock

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Was anyone else screaming at Mascherano to play the early ball to Torres when we had them 3 on 2 on the counterattack prior to Adebayor's equalizer?  A nice early ball into space for Torres to run on to and a simple square ball to Gerrard in the box and it's 3-1 and we're home and dry!  That one did my head in...thankfully I love the lad and thought he put in another awesome shift last night! :D

also had skrtel on a break ALL ALONE and he was onside if he would have played a longer loftier ball he would have been in acres of space, and hopefully he would have slotted it back to Nando for the goal.  Not sure what Skrtel was doing out there in the first place, and not 100% sure it was him, but thats what the commentator said and the tv angle was too far away to tell.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:05 pm

stmichael wrote:as good a footballing side as arsenal are they don't have any leaders on the pitch and that's the difference in these big european games. where as we have gerrard, carragher, hyypia and even alonso who can lead from the front, arsenal don't have anyone in this ilk. gallas is an embarassment of a captain after his show of petulance at birmingham the other week.

not exactly sure what he did, but weren't ppl questioning Gerrard as Captain after the Man U game? 

Not saying that those people were right, but there was a significant proportion of the people on the forum who at least considered it.
JoeTerp

Postby Rush Job » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:05 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
The_Rock wrote:I have to give credit where its due....

Rafa   :bowdown .........

Just win us the champions league rafa and you have my vote to stay here until your contract ends.... :D  And I will try my best not to mention mourinho here too..... :p

Let me get it straight if we win big ears again and 3rd final in 4 years you still wouldnt give Rafa a new contract??
Just glad the money men arent as daft. :no

Jesus.......you make it sound as if I am the one who is handlling the contract negotiations....  :Oo:

All i am saying is that he is free to stay until the end of his contract....If he decides to extend it...then great. If he wants to go to real madrid...then thats his decision....

Do i have to spell it out......

Even when i am praising rafa, i get questioned by M0R0Ns....

Glass houses! It was only a question.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DaMo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Brilliant game. So relieved we pulled through in the end, even if we did make it difficult for ourselves. :D As others have already vented, I can't say I was convinced by the sudden switch to 4-4-2, especially with Gerrard starting on the left. The depressing first 20 minutes or so made it blatantly obvious that it simply wasn't working for us, especially with Gerrard drifting towards the centre and Crouch coming deep to try and help the midfield on a few occasions. I find it difficult to criticise any of the players due to the manner in which we got back into it after coming from behind twice. Masch and Alonso may have been the weak links early on, but they got back into the game when it were essential that they did. Skrtel was very well composed, and while I for one were among those that were very worried after first seeing him in action against Havant & Waterlooville, it's good to see further confirmation that he is going to be very capable at this level.

Believe it or not, not all Arsenal fans are bitter. I sent a mate of mine who supports them a text after the game and he said he thought we deserved to go through. It almost made me feel bad about gloating...almost! :p

Bring on Chelski. Czech won't be anywhere near 100% if he does recover in time to start against us. If he doesn't, then due to Cudicini's injury as well, they may well end up having Hilario in goal for the home leg! :;):
Last edited by DaMo on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaMo

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Sorry for puttin it in here but i cant believe it Roma just missed a pen Bas.tards
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:38 pm

Last edited by dward on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:38 pm

Roma missed a penalty? Shame on them.

EDIT: I'm watching Barca's game. Fk this Bojan kid has some zip about him

DOUBLE EDIT: Nice piece of art dward!
Seano Kop

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:19 pm

Dward mate can you email me the individual pics?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion