PSV EINDHOVEN VS LIVERPOOL - Tuesday 9/12/08  19:45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alex G. » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:28 pm

tonyeh wrote:The back four were good, but again the full backs were a worry at times, especially Dossena.

Dossena is a worry always, mate.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Scottbot wrote:Would love to get Real Madrid in the next round. I was only 5 years old the last time we played em and they are the only big club we have yet to play in recent years for me.

i want to draw them because i generally believe we'd tw@t them.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:41 pm

stmichael wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Would love to get Real Madrid in the next round. I was only 5 years old the last time we played em and they are the only big club we have yet to play in recent years for me.

i want to draw them because i generally believe we'd tw@t them.

Absolutely 100% my preferred choice in the next round. However...I have a funny feeling it will be another date with a certain Mr Mourinho.

Very pleased with last night's 2nd half performance but you have to admit that PSV were/are p*sh!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:33 pm

Wasn't the very first team of Liverpool made up of Scotsmen not scousers - and managed by an Irishman? Maybe Heimdall would like to a bit of history reading on LFC before talking out of his Rs

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/lfc_story/

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/lfc_story/1882b.htm

Most of the team building work was carried out by McKenna, a dynamic and personable Irishman. 'Honest' John McKenna did more than most people in English football.

He was to be a director at Anfield for 30 years, and also served the club as chairman on two occasions. He was a member of the FA Council from 1905, and he became the President of the Football League in 1910, and Vice-President of the Football Association in 1928. He also served on many different committees until he died in 1936. He was a well respected man, with an unique know-how of the game. Houlding is the founder of the club, but McKenna was the man and the brain behind early successes.

His rapid elevation to the top of English football is proof of John McKenna's abilities as a manager and administrator. With a generous loan from Houlding of £500 that was never paid back, and McKenna's know how, over a dozen players were recruited from Scotland. This led to LFC becoming known as the "Team of all the Macs" because of their surnames. However amongst the Scottish "Macs" in the early formations the goalkeeper Bill McOwen was in fact an Englishman.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:38 pm

I have an awful feeling destiny will see us play Maureen's men. I'd rather avoid a team from the Portugese/Spanish region as we lost in the last sixteen to one - Benfica. Other than that semis and finals all the way under Rafa
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 pm

I'm not from Liverpool but still have a massive affinity to the club. Don't have to be from Liverpool to be a scouser at heart!
And we were awesome second half yesterday
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Alex G. wrote:
tonyeh wrote:The back four were good, but again the full backs were a worry at times, especially Dossena.

Dossena is a worry always, mate.

I think he had a good game last night myself although for everything he did that was good, you have to mention the time he completely misjudged a header which lead to a good chance for PSV. Against a better team that might have cost us a goal. Mistakes like that from a defender can turn out to be crucial in games of higher importance.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:48 pm

dawson99 wrote:I'm not from Liverpool but still have a massive affinity to the club. Don't have to be from Liverpool to be a scouser at heart!
And we were awesome second half yesterday

There is no denying that at all and thats what being a liverpool fan is about.  :buttrock
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby calkop » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:30 pm

Lucas MOTM!  Who on here would have thought. 

Thought Darby looked good when he came on although I would have loved to see him start. 

Spearing looked great!  He should really get more chances especially ahead of Plessis.  I can't believe that was his first game for us.  Lots of energy, great touch. 

Kelly scared me a bit.  He was all over the place, but his first game, so contrats lad.

Keane looked sharp as well.  Rafa,take note.  Keane played in the hole and looked comfortable and assured.  He is not a lone striker or a striker to lead the line.   

On another note mods:  This thread should be about dead as it is not about the match anymore, but has turned into a scouse vs. non-scouse war.  A little off topic and really nothing about the match, maybe it should be locked.
calkop

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:33 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i think JonF should be given another run to create a match thread. maybe it'll improve his confidence and we need Bermenstein's powers for the arsenal game anyway. :D

Woo support!  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:38 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i think JonF should be given another run to create a match thread. maybe it'll improve his confidence and we need Bermenstein's powers for the arsenal game anyway. :D

Woo support!  :D

Yep you are lucky start the next game !  :wwww

Errr one after hull that has been taken tho.  :sniffle
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:39 pm

As interesting as this debate can become, I suggest making a new thread or SHUT UP AND SEND PM's

Not saying I don't like you guys, but seriously, not the place.

And, to get back on football.  PSV are absolute trash as a team.
SupitsJonF

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:14 pm

I've edited this thread once already, I'm about to do it again. Stay with the footy or it it gets locked. discuss your feeling about scousers or being scouse in another thread if you must, preferably in "General Chat".

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:28 am

calkop wrote:Lucas MOTM!  Who on here would have thought. 

Thought Darby looked good when he came on although I would have loved to see him start. 

Spearing looked great!  He should really get more chances especially ahead of Plessis.  I can't believe that was his first game for us.  Lots of energy, great touch. 

Kelly scared me a bit.  He was all over the place, but his first game, so contrats lad.

Keane looked sharp as well.  Rafa,take note.  Keane played in the hole and looked comfortable and assured.  He is not a lone striker or a striker to lead the line.   

On another note mods:  This thread should be about dead as it is not about the match anymore, but has turned into a scouse vs. non-scouse war.  A little off topic and really nothing about the match, maybe it should be locked.

Don't get to ahead of yourself. PSV are absoutely sh*t thesedays, made our second string look like a bunch of superstars.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:04 pm

As much as I love the guy Mash was at fault for the goal and I dont understand soem Dossena knocking for that. 

I know it was PSV but it was still the CL and an away game and good on Lucas and the rest for winning the game and allowing some youngsters game time
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion