Man utd v liverpool - 21/03/2010 1.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:41 am

Gerrard has been woeful this season, he will leave in the summer unless Mourhino comes he wont stay for another 5 year plan from another manager, hes part of the problem not part of a solution.

4th place has gone now let the shackles off drop kuyt & Lucas and let us play some attacking football for once sick and tired of work horses with not flair and ability !!!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:46 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Its hurting me Saint to actualy see him playing like this, This season he has looked a shadow of his usual self, An i wanna see that back, I am sure he will turn the corner and get back to playing and driving on like he used to , i just hope its here , But hes still doing my head in  :laugh: the language i abused him with today was unmerciful,

Totally agree Girl.... Gerrard for me just doesn't merit an inclusion right now  ,the team this season have played better in his absence and that is a discernible fact ,every game now I have waited anticipating Gerrards return to his all conquering form ,but all to often I find myself loathe  to accept what is staring me in my disbelieving face he simply is resigned to failure where this season is concerned ,what is so alarming is this disinterested lethargic persona is something I never envisaged him displaying and its heartbreaking to watch ,I honestly will never feel the same sense of pride I used to feel when Gerrard took to the field displaying the assured  arrogance that came with knowing he was head and shoulders above the rest, and in turn he had enough talent to compensate for all the other inadequate players he shared the field with ........

I just think now given his almost meek participation in most games ,that we can ill afford to carry such a passenger albeit such a talented one ,I think the inclusion of Aquilani is imperative in these last few games ,I just think Gerrards attitude of late has had a debilitating effect on the whole team ,don't get me wrong I rate Gerrard on his day as one of the finest midfielders  in the world, its just that this accounts for nothing when if he  even  advocated given 60% he still would be the the best player on the field ,its just at this time I haven't seen Stevie give 40% of what he is capable of ,and if he goes to South Africa and is one of the tournaments most standout players then his betrayal in my eyes would have been complete .

Good post RBG.

I am in complete agreement that Gerrard has been a shadow of his usual self, to the extent where you could (almost) consider leaving him out. The question is why?

Is it disinterest, a bad attitude, because he's resigned to failure?

I don't need to be Scouse to know he'd be up for a match against United. Think how you, Nan and everyone else felt an hour or two before the match. I've watched Stevie play in every match against them in the last ten years and he loves that fixture. Remember his tackle against Dennis Irwin at the start of the match years ago. Magic.

There is no way he wouldn't give his all against the Mancs. No way. I'm convinced that yesterday was the best he could do. He's carrying an injury. He'll not play any better in the World Cup unless he's has surgery which isn't going to happen.

It's not lack of effort it's injury.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:06 am

I don't believe for a second it's injury. My opinion is that he's not ar.sed playing for Benitez. Nor is he ar.sed playing when there are too many liabilities in the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Real at the end of the season. On this form, good luck. He's a liability right now.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:07 am

comon man

you cant expect anyone to believe gerrard has played all season carrying an injury

it wouldnt be allowed
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:10 am

Steven gerrard / ENGLAND / Doesnt want to get injured thats about the jist of it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 am

Ciggy wrote:Steven gerrard / ENGLAND / Doesnt want to get injured thats about the jist of it.

correct.  unfortunatly for the 40000+ that put money through the turnstiles, they get to see him play like a tw@t most weeks.

he needs a kick up it.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redangel » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:28 am

Ciggy wrote:Steven gerrard / ENGLAND / Doesnt want to get injured thats about the jist of it.

Have to agree , there was no fire in his belly yesterday , at times he looked like he didn't care. There were balls he could have got to if he tried, he just didn't bother.
He needs benching and give the armband to Carra.
This is not to appreciate all the times he's got us out o' the s**t but we can't afford to carry anyone.

Sadly think it is now too late. Think 4th has gone. Hope I'm wrong and somehow we make it ,but it means other teams collapsing and can't see that.
Redangel

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:35 am

Ciggy wrote:Gerrard has been woeful this season, he will leave in the summer unless Mourhino comes he wont stay for another 5 year plan from another manager, hes part of the problem not part of a solution.

4th place has gone now let the shackles off drop kuyt & Lucas and let us play some attacking football for once sick and tired of work horses with not flair and ability !!!!

Ok Gerrard is having an off season. He clearly has lost the drive to play. You seem to forget how much you were praising him at the beginning of the season, especially when he returned from injury.

What amazes me is how veteran supporters like yourself will point blame at a player and look to see him leave when he has given more than anyone (Carragher excluded) in the last 10 years. Not once have you blamed Rafa for any of the problems. Does not bad management of the club and continued failure have an effect on a players morale?

When other's heads dipped and lost motivation Stevie was there to lift them. I don't need to list off games where he has single handedly saved and motivated the whole team. Yet when he goes through that bad spell you want him benched or sold!?

Have a look at yourself. It's a disgrace.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:39 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Gerrard has been woeful this season, he will leave in the summer unless Mourhino comes he wont stay for another 5 year plan from another manager, hes part of the problem not part of a solution.

Ok Gerrard is having an off season. He clearly has lost the drive to play. You seem to forget how much you were praising him at the beginning of the season, especially when he returned from injury.

What amazes me is how veteran supporters like yourself will point blame at a player and look to see him leave when he has given more than anyone (Carragher excluded) in the last 10 years. Not once have you blamed Rafa for any of the problems. Does not bad management of the club and continued failure have an effect on a players morale?

When other's heads dipped and lost motivation Stevie was there to lift them. I don't need to list off games where he has single handedly saved and motivated the whole team. Yet when he goes through that bad spell you want him benched or sold!?

What with it with you and this witch hunt you have against me? Have a word with yourself, I have been critical of our players this season and Rafa. Your talking out your @rse.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:54 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

if a player is going through a bad spell but hes still giving 100% then everyone will support him

if hes earning 100k a week and giving maybe 60% it dont matter how much youve done for the club you rightly should get a kick up the :censored:
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:27 am

thought it was a pretty average game. my main gripe is that once again away from home, despite having a fair share of possession we've mustered one shot on target in 90 minutes apart from the goal and that was basically a headed pass back from yossi.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 am

Ciggy wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

What with it with you and this witch hunt you have against me? Have a word with yourself, I have been critical of our players this season and Rafa. Your talking out your @rse.

The only witch hunt going on is to our captain.

Three reasons why this club is deteriorating.

1) The owners
2) Rafa
3) Pro-Rafa supporters/fans who can't see their ar$e from their elbow.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:The only witch hunt going on is to our captain.

I beg to differ your always quoting my posts everyone has been slating gerrard yet you pick out my post why is that?
Youve been at it for a long time now pack it in its getting tedious.

I know what the problems are at the club you dont need to tell me.

In no particular order:
1. Rafa
2. The players
3. The owners.

now go and bother someone else...............

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:The only witch hunt going on is to our captain.

I beg to differ your always quoting my posts everyone has been slating gerrard yet you pick out my post why is that?
Youve been at it for a long time now pack it in its getting tedious.

I know what the problems are at the club you dont need to tell me.

In no particular order:
1. Rafa
2. The players
3. The owners.

now go and bother someone else...............

Sorry you think that but if it's true it's not been intention. I just happen to quote the first comment that catches my eye. And in my defence I often agree with you but also happen to add my opinion.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby beng » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Grade the players in game against Manchester
http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches....86.aspx
beng

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games