EVERTON VS LIVERPOOL - 17 oct 2010, ko: 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:30 pm

For roy hodgson read steve mclaren ! Both avereage.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Today's game, Liv < Eve because:
1. no passion and pride
2. lesser tactics
3. awful passing abilities
4. slower in terms of speed and agility
5. less aggressive
6. No creativity
7. No character
8. No ambition
and the list goes on...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:05 pm

that's my point mate, today of all days was about so many things,but top of list will always be about passion! guts! pride etc -the fecking players are the only ones who can demonstrate that in a game of this magnatude end of! tactics for me takes a back seat in games like this- the derby requires everything above tactics from the manager everytime for me!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:07 pm

What a shiteee.  Comedown to what was eventually a fantastic week :angry:
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:09 pm

they seem to have forgotten what its like to play for Liverpool. if they keep on having such an attitude, might as well just call it quits and get relegated now. i dont mind if we lose a game, but at least make up for it by giving a damn. it'll make the defeat less bitter.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I will add my pennies worth but try and be constructive. The comments Roy made about his position prior to the game says it all, it did not give confidence to anyone one in the team as he was basically saying 'dont sack me if we lose a few more games' he should have had a rallying cry to get the players to go out and win.

On the playing side, I cannot understand why he insists on playing SG in the hole behind Torres, when the midfield is overwhelmed SG obviously falls back to help out in defence and this leaves Torres totally isolated. He should drop Lucas, play SG in midfield, Cole in the hole behind Torres, MJ on the left and Babel on the right (Maxi is a waste of space at the moment).

But you know this isnt going to happen, next game Poulsen will be back teaming up with Lucas in midfield.

There is also no creativity, I would rather he kept Aquaman than have Poulsen.

This is a results based game and whether we want to give Roy time or not will be irrelavant, NESv will get shot of Roy if we are not challenging four 4th by Christmas
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ironman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Im sick and tired of reading people criticising torres, are u uys for real??? the guys playing up top and gerrard is 30 yrds behind him,,,,, what the :censored: do u want him to to????no wingers at the club now,, and roy has stated we dont play with wingers... now thats scarey,, maxi starting today after being a disgrace previous 3 starts??? whose to blame for that,, gillett and hicks? ??? thank god them coward players that i watched today can no longer hide behind the ownership issue,,,, jovanivic came as a centre forward,, yet, straight away we ask him to play wide left,, joe cole stated he wanted a more centrol role and that was one of the major reasons for him wanting to move from chelsea... it looked so promising looking at the arsenal game,, gerrard centre mid with mash,, cole in the hole, has roy abandoned stevie g in centre mid with merelies even?? what about gerrard, merelies centre mid, jovanivic left, babel right, cole in the hole and torres up top,, oh,, sorry,, that would be far to attacking,,, like watching paint dry again and time some players had there spell in the reserves,,
ironman

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:23 pm

i didn't hear the post match comments from Roy but me mate said he didn't even get right when asked about the loses, apparently he said five losses  out of 8 games, then said or was it four? lol what a joke
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:24 pm

It was embarrassing , pathetic , shameful - never before have I left a game and felt so gutted and demoralised . Only one time out there realised it was a derby , only one team showed the desire and passion required to win . Our set up and tactics as per every game this season was wrong
Benny The Noon

Postby burjennio » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:55 pm

supporters mouth about torres because hes a stroppy whiney c*nt. I dont care if Gerrard is 30yds behind him, take your hands out fo the f*cking air, stop complaining and run a damn channel ffs.

After watching todays match Im starting to believe that Raul Merieles is a quality player that is being totally dragged down by his teammates. The amount of times that guy tried to do something positive only to have no support, receive a terrible pass or be forced into shooting from 30yds was incredible, Rocky29 you need a lobotomy son. Tactically this team is awful, there is no other word to fully describe it I never thought I would be saying it but a stay of execution for Roy Hodgson is going to be bad for all parties, he just doesnt get what it requires to be an elite manager. He didnt have a clue what to do today to change anything and for me that is frightening considering he has 3 decades of experience. Fair play to Everton, they sensed blood and they went for the kill. This side needs a clearout from the coaching staff down, the players are not interested and the season is in tatters yet its only October. NESV I hope you are here for the long haul because to turn this ship around you'll need to be. I 100% believe in backing the manager if he has earned that trust, Roy Hodgsons tenure has been a total fiasco so sorry but for the good of everyone involved get some fresh blood through the Shankly gates ASAP
burjennio

Postby mkingdom » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:58 pm

So much wrong, but Konchesky has to go.  A liability and way out of his depth.

It may be early but I can't see a win coming anytime soon, and I am worried!
mkingdom

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:05 pm

As early as the first 5-10 mins i knew we were :censored:. Carra had the ball Round the half way line, everton closing in on him, he did not have a single teammate to pass to. No one moved, no one tried to create a bit of space and noone made theirselves available. We were like :censored: statues waiting for the pass to come to us. Carra ended up passing it to no man then giving torres a right royal bollocking for no movement.

That summed up the day, the previous league games, europa games and pre season. The shape and tactics is rotten to the core ans have been from the moment roy came in.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:27 pm

The bitters were sh'ite but we were worse. Players need a slap. I hope they all go home and hang their heads in shame
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:27 pm

mkingdom wrote:So much wrong, but Konchesky has to go.  A liability and way out of his depth.

It may be early but I can't see a win coming anytime soon, and I am worried!

Konchesky??!? apart from the first goal, I thought he was ok! some good crosses and good passes.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:10 pm

WOW! I missed the second hald but judging from what people are writing we fell apart?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games