LIVERPOOL V WBA - Sun 29/8/2010 ko 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:43 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I knew we'd play anti football under Roy, but damn that was painful to watch at times.  If I was Roy, Id make the whole team watch Barcelona matches every day before training.

Yeah, you're onto a winner there, mate.

"Okay Lucas, see how Xavi dictates the flow of the game that way?  That's your job.  He may have been the player of the World Cup but, go on son, do the same job for us."

"And, Milan, I want you to take more of an Iniesta approach cutting in from the left flank."

"Dirk, see how Messi works the space there?  That's what I'll be looking for from you at the weekend."

Feck me, some of you guys really need to lay off the drugs, the footy manager or both.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Last edited by Bad Bob on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:I knew we'd play anti football under Roy, but damn that was painful to watch at times.  If I was Roy, Id make the whole team watch Barcelona matches every day before training.

"Okay Lucas, see how Xavi dictates the flow of the game that way?  That's your job.  He may have been the player of the World Cup but, go on son, do the same job for us."

"And, Milan, I want you to take more of an Iniesta approach cutting in from the left flank."

"Dirk, see how Messi works the space there?  That's what I'll be looking for from you at the weekend."

Feck me, some of you guys really need to lay off the drugs, the footy manager or both.

hey you never know it could work. :D
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Sabre » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:12 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Anfield like a morgue again ,but the protests are up and running again ,but not with the same gusto as last season  .... a few roots (and I mean a few) singing Rafa's name  ,which is totally out of order and has no place at this Club .... Anfield seriously needs to get behind the manager and stifle the "This is fucking shit " moans ...... there's something missing from the Kop at the moment everyone seems edgy and anxious and these feelings are usually more associated with the other end of the ground  ....
Anyway the game itself was piss poor albeit from the impressive Poulsen who looked assured and confident on the ball, and whenever he received it you could hear the sighs of relief all around Anfield at his instant composure .... Good Player
Torres took his chance well and the game changed completely with the introduction of the skilful and less direct running of Rodriguez ....Jovanovic should play as a second striker, and seems slightly amiss when playing as a winger
Anyway another game instantly consigned to the file marked forgettable ... but its 3 points  and its essential we start amassing as many of them as possible  ???

Thanks for that report about the atmosphere in the stadium mate.

I have utter respect for previous manager but I agree wholeheartedly your feeling about having to be behind the manager.

Just have the game in my hands, from the posts and the articles I see there are still things to improve, but when you win what you buy is time to improve!  :buttrock
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

I'd have loved him to try this approach in his first training session, imagine Torres' face!  :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:36 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:a few roots (and I mean a few) singing Rafa's name  ,which is totally out of order and has no place at this Club .... Anfield seriously needs to get behind the manager and stifle the "This is fucking shit " moans .

Totally agree. The saying "patience is a virtue" springs to mind.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:46 pm

Happy we came away with three points but I really wanted us to put at least 2 in the net for some confidence.  I thought Kuyt did well and Poulson is like a breath of fresh air.. and he's not even that good! :D  I can't wait for Meireles I want to see what this guy is capable of.  All in all I'll take the three points and I'm glad our next match is against Birmingham, onwards and upwards.
Zidane

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:37 am

only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
only me wrote:still waiting for Roy's tactics to kick in ,so far i have seen same attitude as last year ,Frozen reactive slow and frankly confusion all over the place. It's still very early in the season and we are yet to absorb some new players but still some of last year weakness remain. We can't have Lucas on the pitch anymore ,we need to get skertel or Carra on the bench they can't start any play with their capabilities. Get Agger back to place. Kuyt pace is no longer accaptable for our needs. And mainly we need to hold hte middle maintain composure and pass the ball ,we have very low ball possesion.

Didn't Kuyt set up the goal ?! Seems like he had a good overall game

Yes he did ,and he worked his A$$ of as usual ,but that's not enough anymore i'm sorry ,he is very slow with the ball ,his control of the ball is very slow and in his position in the field we need pace and dexterity - we know what Kuyt is capable of doing and he has been our hardest worker in the past years and a real asset in spirit and will but we need an upgrade and a change. He can come of the bench but we need to try something different.

I agree- I've loved Kuyt for the work he puts in.  That will never change, he will always work harder than any player on the pitch, but so far this season, all I have seen is bad touches and inconsistencies from him. It's sad to see because he's been a very important player for us, hopefully he picks it up.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with the game.  Poulsen isn't ready to play in my opinion.  Torres is nowhere near fully match fit, and I hate to say it, but he needs to stay on his feet.  They had way too many shots, way too many "opportunities" for what a team of their stature should, and had waaaaaay too much possession.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby rocky29 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:44 am

no creativity whatsoever. Aquilani would of ripped west brom to shreds if he was still here.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:51 am

dawson99 wrote:setting up the goal and also scoring important goals still, and thats not enough for you??
Hes doing a feckload more than a lot of our other players

Sadly some have this idea that some pacy winger will cut it and any time Kuyt doesn't control the ball perfectly, or a move breaks down that he touched the ball during, and it's his fault.

He does nothing wrong, he is invaluable, but it's not that they can't see it, it's they don't wanna. Obviously Rafa, Woy AND the dutch coach, plus everyone who doesn't have a hate on for Kuyt, are wrong
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:26 am

Disappointing result, it is a win but considering we averaged 3-0 in previous Premiership fixtures against WBA and Chelsea thumped them, 1-0 goes down as rather limp. While many will try and make as much as possible out of Woy having no money, the owners blah blah blah, we should still have enough quality in Reina, Carra, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Kuyt, Jovanovic and Torres to name a few, to stuff the newly promoted yo-yos. I see Kuyt is already being scapegoated, despite setting up the only goal and being a key component in the build up to the penalty shout for handball. I guess it's easy to conveniently overlook that kind of contribution because he isn't doing 0-60 in 4.3 seconds on the wing and pinging in these crosses that only Torres only ever gets on the end of anyway. Funny how Kuyt managed to cross chip come pull back without racing down the wing, you don't need to be quick and beat the man to be the other side of him - I'll leave the clueless to work that one out, or ask the audience or phone a friend

Just for fun and purely interest rather than trying to indicate anything, here's a comparison of Rafa's first seven games in charge with Woy's

Rafa P7 W4 D1 L2 F10 A4 (Won 57.14%)
Woy P7 W5 D1 L1 F9 A4 (Won 71.43%)

I'm sure some political movers will try and make out Rafa was left better resources than Woy or vice versa, or implicate money and the owners or something to make one manager out to be better than the other etc etc etc At the end of the day we still have quality players enough to be in the top four. Interestingly after three Premiership games both managers had played three and won one, drawn one and lost one. Next game up Rafa beat West Brom 3-0 at home then lost to Man Utd away so there are so many parallels - played a North London club first up, played Man City second game and and Man Utd fifth up with West Brom at home between the second and fifth games. Rafa's first group game in Europe was at home, won 2-0 as both he and Woy did in their very first games in charge (away) in Europe.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:10 am

rocky29 wrote:no creativity whatsoever. Aquilani would of ripped west brom to shreds if he was still here.

Exactly, we really missed him today. :(
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:28 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
rocky29 wrote:no creativity whatsoever. Aquilani would of ripped west brom to shreds if he was still here.

Exactly, we really missed him today. :(

Oh aye he would of yeah you're right  :)
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:30 am

Ahforff Uchsayik..here we go again
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:37 am

Sorry im not sure how we missed a player who never really played for us, however we really did miss Messi and Alonso today, they would have ripped them open
Last edited by OneHotRed on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:57 am

This is a game we would have drawn last season.
We've turned 1 point into 3 imo.

Sometimes you have to win ugly.

The pretty shit will come with time.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games