LIVERPOOL V WBA - Sun 29/8/2010 ko 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby jimmy brighton » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Mandeep Sanghera   reports: "Fernando Torres was nowhere near his best, but still proved the difference between the two sides."  :buttrock
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:Great game is pushing it dude... got the job done though, players will gain some confidence... 3 points is 3 points

Just about sums it up - it's early in the season and long way to go yet before we get some fluency going
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
only me wrote:still waiting for Roy's tactics to kick in ,so far i have seen same attitude as last year ,Frozen reactive slow and frankly confusion all over the place. It's still very early in the season and we are yet to absorb some new players but still some of last year weakness remain. We can't have Lucas on the pitch anymore ,we need to get skertel or Carra on the bench they can't start any play with their capabilities. Get Agger back to place. Kuyt pace is no longer accaptable for our needs. And mainly we need to hold hte middle maintain composure and pass the ball ,we have very low ball possesion.

Didn't Kuyt set up the goal ?! Seems like he had a good overall game

Yes he did ,and he worked his A$$ of as usual ,but that's not enough anymore i'm sorry ,he is very slow with the ball ,his control of the ball is very slow and in his position in the field we need pace and dexterity - we know what Kuyt is capable of doing and he has been our hardest worker in the past years and a real asset in spirit and will but we need an upgrade and a change. He can come of the bench but we need to try something different.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:32 pm

setting up the goal and also scoring important goals still, and thats not enough for you??
Hes doing a feckload more than a lot of our other players
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:setting up the goal and also scoring important goals still, and thats not enough for you??
Hes doing a feckload more than a lot of our other players

It was enough for today obviously...But i'm looking forward at the whole season ,nope not enough at this stage of his career. And yes he does do more then others and we need to manage them differently also.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Redx » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Wont see it till Motd tonight .. Looks like we took it easy on them with a 1-0 win.   LOLs
Torres..your a diamond geezer..
Redx

Postby zarababe » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Phew !.. much improvement to be made yet.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Anfield like a morgue again ,but the protests are up and running again ,but not with the same gusto as last season  .... a few roots (and I mean a few) singing Rafa's name  ,which is totally out of order and has no place at this Club .... Anfield seriously needs to get behind the manager and stifle the "This is fucking shit " moans ...... there's something missing from the Kop at the moment everyone seems edgy and anxious and these feelings are usually more associated with the other end of the ground  ....
Anyway the game itself was piss poor albeit from the impressive Poulsen who looked assured and confident on the ball, and whenever he received it you could hear the sighs of relief all around Anfield at his instant composure .... Good Player
Torres took his chance well and the game changed completely with the introduction of the skilful and less direct running of Rodriguez ....Jovanovic should play as a second striker, and seems slightly amiss when playing as a winger
Anyway another game instantly consigned to the file marked forgettable ... but its 3 points  and its essential we start amassing as many of them as possible  ???
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:39 pm

only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
only me wrote:still waiting for Roy's tactics to kick in ,so far i have seen same attitude as last year ,Frozen reactive slow and frankly confusion all over the place. It's still very early in the season and we are yet to absorb some new players but still some of last year weakness remain. We can't have Lucas on the pitch anymore ,we need to get skertel or Carra on the bench they can't start any play with their capabilities. Get Agger back to place. Kuyt pace is no longer accaptable for our needs. And mainly we need to hold hte middle maintain composure and pass the ball ,we have very low ball possesion.

Didn't Kuyt set up the goal ?! Seems like he had a good overall game

Yes he did ,and he worked his A$$ of as usual ,but that's not enough anymore i'm sorry ,he is very slow with the ball ,his control of the ball is very slow and in his position in the field we need pace and dexterity - we know what Kuyt is capable of doing and he has been our hardest worker in the past years and a real asset in spirit and will but we need an upgrade and a change. He can come of the bench but we need to try something different.

He looked fantastic for Holland this Summer.  His passing was crisp, got in good positions and took the ball well on long passes .  He hasn't been anywhere near that yet this season, but he will.  TBH I don't think the service to either "wing" was that good today.  There were lots of passes played behind players and the timing seemed a bit off, I'm not going to put all of that on the wide players.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby lewerty » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

just wait for joe cole to be back
lewerty

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:51 pm

lewerty wrote:just wait for joe cole to be back

I agree. His creativity is desperately needed.

Our hangover from last season is still here but I believe the new additions will turn this season into a successful one.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:00 pm

I didn't watch it, so convinced was I that we'd steamroller them I took the kids to London Zoo instead. I must confess I'm gutted that we made as hard work of it as we did, but I'm not that surprised really. I can't help thinking if we don't press the ball higher up, that we are going to struggle to break teams down consistently. That is the one main thing with Roys tenure which concerns me, just that one thing.

I'm glad though that Poulsen played well, I think he's quality.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:08 pm

Just got back from the match, it was a win not much else to be said really.
The strange thing for me and others near me was the Lucas/Poulsen pairing which I didn't think worked at all, they just look so similar. Early days on Poulsen so I am not judging too much yet but I thought Gerrard/Poulsen or Gerrard/Lucas would have been more effective with someone else playing off Torres.

Konchesky was in the Director's box along with the new boy Raul, I honestly think he will be a good addition at left back, has premiership experience, can defend, get forward and provide a little of much needed width - something we lacked today.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Not a classic for the ages by any stretch but job done: a vital win that will hopefully kickstart our league campaign.  We've got a lot of work to do, however, to get back to playing near our potential.  Torres still looks short of full fitness (but what an intelligent move to set up the goal, followed by one of his trademark clinical strikes) and Gerrard looked well out of sorts today, especially in the second half.  Jova has A LOT of room for improvement--he reminds me of the lad he replaced with his ability to drift out of games.  We need Lucas to make way in the centre of the park but I though Poulsen had a good game today.  At the back we need to move Agger back to CB and sit Skrtel down...he's been poor ever since his quality performance against Arsenal.

While the international break is not ideal, I think it will be good to have all of the transfer window drama behind us when we return to action.  Hopefully we can get things to click and give the Brummies a good tonking as a warm up for the Mancs.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:32 pm

I knew we'd play anti football under Roy, but damn that was painful to watch at times.  If I was Roy, Id make the whole team watch Barcelona matches every day before training.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games