ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 10 feb 2010, ko: 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Madmax » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:56 am

As the dust continues to settle on the Merseyside derby, Liverpool travel to North London to take on Arsenal at the Emirates.

The Reds go in search of their first away victory against the Gunners since Titi Camara helped us to a 1-0 win at Highbury.

Arsenal moved to the Emirates in 2006 and it's a venue Liverpool have yet to win at, having secured three draws and suffered two defeats.

Arsene Wenger's outfit have already defeated the Reds this season, coming from a goal behind to claim a 2-1 win at Anfield in December.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Can't get any tough can it?!

Arsenal will be up for this one im sure. Not a win in there last 3 games and dropping points which is affecting there title pursuit bigtime.

We are slowly turning the corner and going towards the right direction. No losses in 8 games and 4 clean sheets on the trot.

Its going to be a tough encounter and the most probably result i could see is draw. 1-1

As El greeko is suspened i would like to see carragher back in the middle and possibly aquilani starting instead of lucas. We will be needing some sort of goal threat and can't rely one two defensive midfielders. Will only work with 2 DM if we have taken a quick lead and just sit back for the remainder.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:05 am

This is a match I'm a wee bit worried about. We seem to afford Arshavin a quite a bit of time and space and he seems to relish playing us that it brings out the best in him.

In our recent games agasinst them, there is almost a familiar pattern where we go through a phase in the matches of allowing Fabregas and his lot out-pass us at will and they create clear-cut chances.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:01 am

Hopefully we will play Carra alongside Agger and perhaps Darby at RB. We'll no doubt put out a robust side, I think any flair will be firmly parked on the bench. Don't be too surprised if Aurelio isn't played on the left, of course instead of playing Carra at RB perhaps Insua or Aurelio could switch to that side...........................

Two stats very relevant, last time we won away to Arsenal was 13th February 2000 and we haven't lost game 26 in any previous Premiership season. So maybe a draw, although Arsenal really need to start winning pretty much every game if they want to stay in the title race. If they beat Chelsea today all the top three will be split by only four points although Arsenal's GD needs to do some catching up.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:32 pm

Looking forward to this. Got a ticket too although in the home end so can't even bring a scarf. :D In terms of the game I think we have a good chance of getting some points here. Id probably start with the same team that started against Everton (minus Kyriagos of course) but deffo start with Lucas. He is good at getting stuck in and Arsenal don't like physical tactics. Hopefully will see Aquilani too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:25 pm

We'll win this 2:1. I really fancy us to nab the three points and shed some light on what has been a terrible season so far
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Fauxy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:17 pm

I just hope Arshavin doesnt play to be honest :D
Fauxy

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Owzat wrote:Hopefully we will play Carra alongside Agger and perhaps Darby at RB. We'll no doubt put out a robust side, I think any flair will be firmly parked on the bench. Don't be too surprised if Aurelio isn't played on the left, of course instead of playing Carra at RB perhaps Insua or Aurelio could switch to that side...........................

Two stats very relevant, last time we won away to Arsenal was 13th February 2000 and we haven't lost game 26 in any previous Premiership season. So maybe a draw, although Arsenal really need to start winning pretty much every game if they want to stay in the title race. If they beat Chelsea today all the top three will be split by only four points although Arsenal's GD needs to do some catching up.

I would rather play Mascherano at RB than Darby, especially against Arsenal.  But I don't see whats wrong with Carra Skrtel Agger Aurelio/Insua

Will be very interesting to see how we set up going forward and with whom.  Where will Gerrard play? Where will Kuyt play?  Will Aquilani play? Will Lucas play?  Will Reira or Maxi play, or neither? Will N'gog play?  Aurelio at leftback, midfield, or bench?
JoeTerp

Postby Number 9 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:25 pm

The best way to play Arsenal is just to go all out attack!Fecking run at them and give it all,they crumble as UTD and Chelsea have shown in the last few games!

I doubt Rafa will be so adventurous away from home but heres hoping.To be honest I think they are only a great team when given too much respect,get in to them from the off and we can beat them no bother!
I think we'll win on Wed,onwards and upwards redmen!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Arsenal lost again today so i just can't see them loosing another. If we win will only be a point behind them and its a situation arsenal can't afford to happen. This games got a draw written all over it. Will get a draw if we perform well otherwise i think arsenal will win.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:31 am

Number 9 wrote:The best way to play Arsenal is just to go all out attack!Fecking run at them and give it all,they crumble as UTD and Chelsea have shown in the last few games!

I doubt Rafa will be so adventurous away from home but heres hoping.To be honest I think they are only a great team when given too much respect,get in to them from the off and we can beat them no bother!

To be honest i thought Chelsea were quite defensive for most of the game.. in the second half especially.

Arsenal had 71% possesion at one point
Fauxy

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:09 am

Fauxy wrote:
Number 9 wrote:The best way to play Arsenal is just to go all out attack!Fecking run at them and give it all,they crumble as UTD and Chelsea have shown in the last few games!

To be honest i thought Chelsea were quite defensive for most of the game.. in the second half especially.

was about to say the same thing. It didn't look like Chelsea were looking to attack much, there were quick on the break and clinical, and then solid at the back.
JoeTerp

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:04 pm

I think the only way to play Arsenal is to hustle and man-handle them off the ball at every opportunity. They don't like the physical game (look how much they whine when they play Stoke, FFS !)...So I'm all on for Masch, Lucas, Stevie G, Carra and everyone else to lamp those nancy-boys out of it - fairly, mind - at every opportunity...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Gerrout there and horse Fabregas out of it right from the start. Skrtel in for Zorba. Jump all over Fabregas' head. Kick him when he's down....; :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Fauxy wrote:

Once they were 2-0 yeah, they could afford to sit back.

I dont think it would be a good idea to sit back and try and defend for the whole game and hit them on the break me.
I would much prefer bunglemark and bazza's gameplan of going for the jugular.
Attack them and try and play at a high tempo.
Stop them playing.
Masher has to be in centre on this Joe, he will be needed to stop fabregas getting soo much time on the ball and pulling the strings.
It will more than likely be agger and skrtel centre backs with carra on the right still.

When is Kelly fit by the way ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:44 pm

We could be playing Arsenal at the best time as they are now going to be pretty low on confidence and they are really suffering from a lack of attackers. Their defeat against Chelsea showed they do not have a cutting edge up front + if we can keep tight at the back then they will struggle to play their way through us like they did against Chelsea. I really think we can beat them and put real pressure on Arsenal to get third place in the Premier League. If we can stop Arsenal playing and then counter them, in a way that both Man United and Chelsea both did, then we should be in with a good shout.
Yossi_Benaloon

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games