LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 15 aug 2010, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:00 pm

just got back from the match myself and it was great to see people feeling optimistic again. I was in the Centenary stand and didn't really see the Cole tackle, but have seen the replay and agree it was a red.

The team really played well in the 2nd half and Ngog looked good too. More of the same please lads and we'll easily finish in the top 4, if not higher  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:04 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Anyway a question   Agger might like to ask himself "How many times do you think Carra would walk off the pitch with double vision "   ???

has it been confirmed that it was double vision? i recall Agger taking a hard hit on the face during the match and that may have contributed to the double vision or whatever it was that prevented him from continuous play. having said that, its a matter of health, not injury thereby special care should be observed in that area especially when there has been an increase in reported cases of footballers fainting and tragedies happening. Agger does not need to ask himself any questions in comparison with anyone else.

He was struck with the ball mate ...it wasn't a kick to the head ,he was going to leave the pitch earlier only Carra told him to get up and play .... Dont get me wrong I love Agger but he can seem a bit fragile at times ,I suppose its unfair to compare him to the bulletproof  Carragher but what a player he would be if he had a touch of the strength  Carragher  regularly displays  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Anyway a question   Agger might like to ask himself "How many times do you think Carra would walk off the pitch with double vision "   ???

has it been confirmed that it was double vision? i recall Agger taking a hard hit on the face during the match and that may have contributed to the double vision or whatever it was that prevented him from continuous play. having said that, its a matter of health, not injury thereby special care should be observed in that area especially when there has been an increase in reported cases of footballers fainting and tragedies happening. Agger does not need to ask himself any questions in comparison with anyone else.

He was struck with the ball mate ...it wasn't a kick to the head ,he was going to leave the pitch earlier only Carra told him to get up and play .... Dont get me wrong I love Agger but he can seem a bit fragile at times ,I suppose its unfair to compare him to the bulletproof  Carragher but what a player he would be if he had a touch of the strength  Carragher  regularly displays  ???

the ball seemed to hit him on the side of the head, which might why he felt a bit groggy. Personally, i wouldn't have brought him back on. He was all over the place and struggled to walk in a straight line.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:11 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

our defense would be immense :D i do see where you're coming from but each individual comes with different personal characteristics. i guess the closest we have to Carra in terms of strength would be Kyrgiakos. you're lucky to be there though. the atmosphere was incredible from where i sat.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Didn't see it today. It was a toss-up between bringin' the wee lad to the beach on one of the very few days the sun actually shines over here, or crouching over a choppy stream on the laptop. The beach won out.
Gutted over the two points dropped, esp. at home.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Fook me...just reading the stats on Sly Sports and it looks like the Ar$e had the majority of possession and territory....was it all so one-sided ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:38 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:our defense would be immense :D i do see where you're coming from but each individual comes with different personal characteristics. i guess the closest we have to Carra in terms of strength would be Kyrgiakos. you're lucky to be there though. the atmosphere was incredible from where i sat.

We  were positively bouncing when Ngog swept that ball into the roof of the net ,Anfield and especially the Kop were at their ebullient  best .... almost makes me regret selling my Season Ticket  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:53 pm

By Jove I think he's got it .............
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:00 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Fook me...just reading the stats on Sly Sports and it looks like the Ar$e had the majority of possession and territory....was it all so one-sided ?

I think it was something like 53%-47% in the 1st half and they(ars) looked the better side.  Oddly when we lost Cole we seemed in control much of the 2nd half and played intelligent footy for a good 30 mins of the 2nd half.  The did have a lot of possession but until the 80 min. mark did very little with it.

once we got the goal,  we sat back and tried to attack on the counter - and N'gog looked good holding the ball up and linking play.
Last edited by crim cram on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Bermenstein, if you read this.

Start the next friggin match thread right now!!!
Fauxy

Postby fivecups » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
fivecups wrote:WTF?

How did you....??

How the hell did you get back from the game so quickly? ???? ???

:Oo:  ???

Mistaken identity, mate?  I wasn't at the game today...it's a long swim from Canada. :D

I've cracked this joke three times now and still no response.

Am I the only one who thought the linesman at the Annie Road end resembled Bad Bob in those pics from the 'pics' thread? ???? ????

:D  :D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Can't wait for the City game now.  Also the game on thursday should be interesting to see who we play.
Zidane

Postby crim cram » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:46 pm

bet cole's on the team sheet :upside:
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:46 pm

fivecups wrote:I've cracked this joke three times now and still no response.

Am I the only one who thought the linesman at the Annie Road end resembled Bad Bob in those pics from the 'pics' thread? ???? ????

Ahh, I get it now.  Wasn't me of course but the eyesight was about right.  Blind as a bat I am.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
fivecups wrote:I've cracked this joke three times now and still no response.

Ahh, I get it now.  Wasn't me of course but the eyesight was about right.  Blind as a bat I am.  :D

I know it wasn't you, given you live in Canada!!  :laugh:  :laugh:

I'm going to watch your look-a-like again in 10 minutes on MOTD.

Where do you live in Canada? Toronto? I've applied to go there for a year next year - I was sussing about the place and I see theres a Liverpool bar which opens early to show the matches.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games