LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 15 aug 2010, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:17 pm

After a long summer we are back with Premiership Football. The World Cup was good but I prefer the week to week of the Premiership. So here we go for season 2010/2011.

Its Roy's first league game as Liverpool manager and its great to be able to say that Gerrard and Torres are still here to p-lay this game after a lot thought they would be gone especially after Rafa going. Add to that the signature of Joe Cole and of course the looming Takeover, things are starting to look up at last for the club.

We will get to see what formation and style Roy is going to have us play. I think a lot of us are hoping we will be a bit more adventurous and go at teams especially at home and why shouldn't we some of the attacking players we have in the team. Along with Torres, Cole and Gerrard we also have a fully fit (we hope!) Aqualani and newly recruited Jovanovic.

Arsenal on the other hand are a fantastic team and have added Chamakh. But for the them the biggest signing of the summer is keeping Fabregas who for me is pound for pound the best player in the Premiership. They always play good football under Wenger and go out trying to win games and next Sunday will be no different.

It should make for a great game of football and im going for a 2-1 for us with Cole to score. Fingers crossed!.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Can't wait for some REAL football!

C'mon lads, let's get off to a flyer!
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:02 pm

We've got nothing to lose in many respects. We lost both Home and Away to these last season, so if we can get something out of it then the improvement has begun. I'm taking it to be a cracker of a match, and despite chasing shadows for much of it I'm taking us to get a point from a 2-2 draw.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:12 pm

I always hate us playing Arsenal. Keep organised and get an early goal and they'll crumble. If we don't get at them early it'll be a cagey affair with them having a lot of posession

I quite fancy our chances, their two best players have only just got back and they have a dodgy keeper coupled with an unfamiliar defensive pairing while we have JOEY COLE!!

whats your record with matchday threads DD? :D

could have waited for Berm IMO :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:40 pm

No cageyness. Let's fecking deck this bunch of pansies. I'm sick of them being seen as title contenders and ourselves being seen as 5th/6th placers when we've got Reina, Gerrard, Torres and Joe Cole. Twice they've fecked us over at home in the past two seasons. Bring it on c...ts  :angry:
LFC2007

Postby Fauxy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Someone plz pop a few dozen sleeping pills in Arshavin's cuppa before he plays
Fauxy

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Really nervous about this one.  They always seem to slice through our defense with their pace and their quick passes.  I just hope that Poulsen or who ever we get, keeps Fabregas quiet.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Madmax » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:46 pm

They beat us 3 times last season... we must get 1 over them.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:47 pm

id be happy with a draw no nando and ngog upfront on his own.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:07 pm

rocky29 wrote:id be happy with a draw no nando and ngog upfront on his own.

I just hope that the players don't have this type of mentality.  Winning is the only option, anything else is failure.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:56 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote: I just hope that Poulsen or who ever we get, keeps Fabregas quiet.

Don't worry mate, apparently we're gonna play this just before kick off.

CYA later Cesc

Prediction, Arsenal all over the place we win 3-1 

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:02 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote: I just hope that Poulsen or who ever we get, keeps Fabregas quiet.

Don't worry mate, apparently we're gonna play this just before kick off.

CYA later Cesc

Prediction, Arsenal all over the place we win 3-1 

:D

That would be hilarious! :D
ruskiy playmaker

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:19 pm

Is mascherano still with the side ? Would he be available if he doesnt leave the club before then ?

With no Fabregas, I expect them to play very wide and try to get the likes of Arshavin, Nasri and Walcott on the ball higher up the pitch..
We'll need to defend the area between our back4 and our midfield pretty well to stand a chance...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Why do we never get feckin wolves or west ham at home first game? its always spurs away, chelsea or bleedin arsenal. This is the worst fixture we could have started with imo, the fans are gonna be up for it, the team will have an abundance of attacking flare with the new guys clearly to looking to make an early impression and all this against a team that thrive on the oppositions misplaced passes on the edge of their own box. Jovanovich cole gerrard etc are not going to immeadiatley be on the same wavelength and that could play right into their hands and if we get beat badly I worry there will be an media onslaught that will undo all the initial good feeling the manager, new signings and pledges of alleagance have created since the depression of last season. Hopefully we will click and turn them over, we were very unlucky against these last year.
Last edited by neil on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:17 am

Tough season opener but at least we get a first match at Anfield for once.  Pepper their keeper with shots and we'll be fine, Wenger still hasn't addressed their massive achilles heel. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games