ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 10 feb 2010, ko: 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby shawnk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Gerrard should be moved to central midfield ASAP! as soon as he went back there against Arsenal we improved as an attacking threat, at least when he's there he can go and get the ball for himself rather than relying on Mascherano and Lucas to supply to him furter up the pitch, which is something neither of them can do

That's the problem. Rafa shouldn't rely on Masch and/or Lucas on the attacking side, most of us can see that they are defensive and/or holding midfielder. Which I think Masch can do perfectly well without Lucas. This would give Liverpool another player on another part of the field like a striker or another creative/attacking midfielder.

And I didn't understand people would suggest playing Masch and Lucas would be a good idea. It would be if Lucas can play the physical side like Masch. Arsenal are quick and playing Lucas would just get us into trouble.

As for the Reira bit, I dont understand what he did wrong to get benched (not that I'm surprised with Rafa's treatment). He was on form as a winger. The only logical thing I can think of is he's injured and under monitoring or that he played the way he wanted instead of following Rafa's plan.

Rafa just isn't good enough.
shawnk

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:38 am

Scottbot wrote:I'm not saying it's the way I want us to play, far from it BUT i'm pragmatic and realistic enough to see that our best hope of a result (remember we haven't won there since Camara's winner in 2000 - Playing in exactly the same way I may add, in the green kit I recall) was to deny them space in the final third, get in their faces and turn it into a scrappy game.

We don't have the personnel to go to the Emirates and pass them off the pitch. We should have, but we don't. The state of our squad is the manager's fault as far as I am concerned, at least in the most part but I don't have a problem with the tactics last night. A tleast not when I look at the players he had available.

4-4-2? I remember watching us play 4-4-2 at the Majeski, we were fookin dire, like we'd forgotten how to play with two up top. We just don't have the confidence or the players (especially without Torres and Benny) to go the Emirates and take the game to them.

Bet we would have shipped at least 2 goals playing 4-4-2.

That's spot on.
LFC2007

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games