LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 15 aug 2010, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:02 pm

metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Battled well - ref had a poor game - mash showed how important a player he is - despite it being a poor ref desision it was a shockig choice from cole to jump into a tackle like that - outstanding finish from Ngog

A draw was prob a fair result - we didnt create enough chances bar the goal and the fact that Skrtel or Masher was MOM for their tackling and blocking tells the story of the game - lots of effort but not enough creativty

Erm we were 10 men and they were 11.. thats why I don't think we were creative

What about before then ? We actually looked better after he got sent off .
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Tim LFC wrote:I just can't see us winning with N'gog he doesn't fill me with much confidence in scoring.

To be fair to the lad, he did score against the Mancs last season.  :)

^^^ERM COUGH COUGH  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Today gave me a shedload of hope, we looked up for it, every man on that pitch gave it their all, very VERY happy, if it hadnt been for some silly reffing and bad luck wed have done them today, and its not often against :censored: you can say that about us. Had to chuckle at Maxi getting told to play left back, he looked like he was going to shat himself

Im now BRICKING it when Mash leaves - he was immense today....
Last edited by OneHotRed on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Stop copying me BOB,

have your own cough ha ha
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Battled well - ref had a poor game - mash showed how important a player he is - despite it being a poor ref desision it was a shockig choice from cole to jump into a tackle like that - outstanding finish from Ngog

A draw was prob a fair result - we didnt create enough chances bar the goal and the fact that Skrtel or Masher was MOM for their tackling and blocking tells the story of the game - lots of effort but not enough creativty

Erm we were 10 men and they were 11.. thats why I don't think we were creative

What about before then ? We actually looked better after he got sent off .

Agreed, mate.  We looked a little nervous in the first half and were finding it difficult to get hold of the ball and make things happen.  Diaby seemed to be doing a man-marking job on Cole and Kuyt and Jova were finding it hard to get involved offensively.  I think the sending off freed us up to play a bit more, as there was no great expectation to win once Cole went off.  Of course, knocking one in within minutes of the restart does wonders for the confidence as well.

I can't agree that Arsenal looked worthy of a draw, though.  They were sub-par throughout the match bar a couple of moments of danger when Walcott and Rosicky came on.  Arshevan finally had a rubbish game and no one else seemed on top form apart from Vermalien.  In the end it took a jammy goal to get them a point...a bit of an undeserved smash and grab job if you ask me.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:07 pm

john craig wrote:That was one of the best saves I've ever seen, yet watch the media continue to w@nk over Hart's performance yesterday and not even mention Reina's save.

maybe cause the match just ended moments ago?  ???  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:09 pm

[quote="fivecups"][/quote]
Please please please stay Masch. What a warrior. Absolutely love the guy and will be gutted if/when he leaves.

Lots of positives to take out of the game, our best 11 can match it with anyones IMO and we are starting to get some decent depth as well. If we finally get some luck with injuries I believe we'll be in for a very good season.

Thank f#ck footballs back!
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Roy's tactics today were superb IMO.

Our intention from the very first minute was to not give Arsenal any time on the ball once they get past the halfway line. Our constant charging down every ball and hassling them every minute caused them to make mistakes, and the goal for N'gog actually came from a poor pass from Clichy because Kuyt was charging him down.

Our defence was very organised. We seemed to play with the two rows of four at the back which was very effective.

Bear in mind that we caused Arsenal, arguably the best passing team in the league, to make lots of mistakes in their passing, we are playing Man City next week who's passing was AWFUL against Tottenham.
Fauxy

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:12 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:ngog is terrible. absolutely horrible. do we have any attackers on the bench? Torres? Nemeth? Pacheco?

:laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby crim cram » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Really good 2nd half and unfortunate to draw.  It feels like two points lost today and considering we play 45+minutes with 10 men, it gives me hope and confidence in the team and Roy!  WALK ON!!!
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 pm

We where unlucky today thats the sum of it really. Cole was rash but more often than not thats a yellow all day long. You can see a difference in the players, much more passion and fight, looked like they together today a proper team. Mash was outstanding and Ngog has gone up a few notches since Hodgson arrived no question about it. We wont go far wrong if we maintain that kind of attitude and team play and despite a dissapointing end its hard not to feel positive about what we witnessed this afternoon.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:30 pm

gutted as i make my way back down the motorway to surrey, but at the same time so so please with the 2nd half performance from the lads!
Everyone was putting there body on the line and grinding their way around the pitch all looking proud to wear the liverbird on their chest!
2 special mentions,
Mascherano - Class. No matter if/when he goes, today's performance has shown how much he still loves this club.

Skrtel - am preying he keeps this form. quality defending and if he can get his consistency back, i really do believe he can turn out to be one of the best around.

carra as solid as always, agger playing through concussion, johnson making some defensive tackles aswel as doing well up the other end like usual, gerrard quality, jovanovic quality, kuyt great workrate as ever, n'gog brilliant finish....reina, the subs, all proud of them today.

do feel slightly sorry for cole, but unfortunatly they are given more often then not.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Just recently got back from game... and I think I would have taken a draw given the circumstances ...Cole was obviously too frustrated with the lack of service and in all honesty deserved to go ,it was a reckless ill thought challenge and the Lad has been around long enough to curb his impatience ....that said Carragher was completely immense an absolute stalwart in the tackle like the Carra of old ,every block and vital interception came from him .... Mascherano was faultless and covered every blade of grass and Jovanovic looked like he was always capable of leaving Clichy for dead ....we lost a lot of impetus when he was replaced by Rodriguez .... Special mention is indeed merited for  Kuyt best I have seen him play for a while now , the Duracell Bunny has just had his batteries charged    :;): I thought Ngog worked away diligently on his own up front and his goal was Torres like in manner ....the kid is a talent and he deserved his ovation when substituted .
I think the turning point of the game was Aggers brief spell on the sidelines ..it was this that disrupted our play and the  balance his inclusion had brought  to the defence ...which had looked veritably solid until then ,also the dropping deep that saw Gerrards passing become futile ,Gerrard started the game brightly his passing was crisp his tackling decisive it was only when Cole was sent off that he tended to sit back .... Lets face it is was always on the cards that Arsenal against 10 would score  ???
I thought the Kop were in brilliant voice throughout albeit from the end when it was constant pressure ,but that's to be expected  however I was a bit surprised we went into the game with one up front ...I thought Arsenal where there for the taking Today with the personnel they had unavailable but still its a point on the board and it was a steady if not completely solid performance
Anyway a question   Agger might like to ask himself "How many times do you think Carra would walk off the pitch with double vision "   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Anyway a question   Agger might like to ask himself "How many times do you think Carra would walk off the pitch with double vision "   ???

has it been confirmed that it was double vision? i recall Agger taking a hard hit on the face during the match and that may have contributed to the double vision or whatever it was that prevented him from continuous play. having said that, its a matter of health, not injury thereby special care should be observed in that area especially when there has been an increase in reported cases of footballers fainting and tragedies happening. Agger does not need to ask himself any questions in comparison with anyone else.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby crim cram » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:47 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Just recently got back from game... and I think I would have taken a draw given the circumstances ...Cole was obviously too frustrated with the lack of service and in all honesty deserved to go ,it was a reckless ill thought challenge and the Lad has been around long enough to curb his impatience ....that said Carragher was completely immense an absolute stalwart in the tackle like the Carra of old ,every block and vital interception came from him .... Mascherano was faultless and covered every blade of grass and Jovanovic looked like he was always capable of leaving Clichy for dead ....we lost a lot of impetus when he was replaced by Rodriguez .... Special mention is indeed merited for  Kuyt best I have seen him play for a while now , the Duracell Bunny has just had his batteries charged    :;): I thought Ngog worked away diligently on his own up front and his goal was Torres like in manner ....the kid is a talent and he deserved his ovation when substituted .
I think the turning point of the game was Aggers brief spell on the sidelines ..it was this that disrupted our play and the  balance his inclusion had brought  to the defence ...which had looked veritably solid until then ,also the dropping deep that saw Gerrards passing become futile ,Gerrard started the game brightly his passing was crisp his tackling decisive it was only when Cole was sent off that he tended to sit back .... Lets face it is was always on the cards that Arsenal against 10 would score  ???
I thought the Kop were in brilliant voice throughout albeit from the end when it was constant pressure ,but that's to be expected  however I was a bit surprised we went into the game with one up front ...I thought Arsenal where there for the taking Today with the personnel they had unavailable but still its a point on the board and it was a steady if not completely solid performance
Anyway a question   Agger might like to ask himself "How many times do you think Carra would walk off the pitch with double vision "   ???

Always good to hear match reports from fans at the game - good analysis and what you said matches up pretty good w/ the view from the tele.  It was Agger going off that really put us out of sorts,  at 10 men we looked like winning.  Can't blame Pepe really for the goal, he played really well.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games