LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 15 aug 2010, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Unlucky not to get the 3 points, well done Reds.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Does anyone feel sorry for Reina or Blame him for the equaliser?

I feel sorry for him, as it was a  total  jammy goal, sun in his eyes, and his momentum carrying him into the goal....
Unfortunate...
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Bad Bob wrote:You know it's a good day when you're disappointed to draw 1-1 with Arsenal after playing an entire half a man down.  Brave, brave performance from the lads and we were desperately unlucky not to win it.  What a cracking goal from Ngog--say what you will but the lad's bang on form at the moment and is taking his chances well.  I feel terrible for Reina, who had just pulled off a wonder save minutes before.  Big kudos to Daniel Agger for soldiering on as well...the lad didn't know what planet he was on but he was still out there heading balls clear and going in for corners.  Not quite the euphoria that would have come with all 3 points but a massive platform to build on.  Well in Red Men! :blues:

WTF?

How did you....? ????

How the hell did you get back from the game so quickly? ???? ???

:Oo:  ???
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Had their equalizer been for us, the ref would have signalled a foul on the 'keeper. Two hands on the ball, you f*cking clown. Still - what does he care? W*nker cost us 2 points and the services of Cole for 3 games through his sheer incompetence.

Atkinson - you're a total f*cking imbecile.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Just got in , what happend with arsenals goal. Couldn't see feck all . Gutted in the end . Mascherano was boss and was coles tackle as bad as it looked (silly b@stard).
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:44 pm

Battled well - ref had a poor game - mash showed how important a player he is - despite it being a poor ref desision it was a shockig choice from cole to jump into a tackle like that - outstanding finish from Ngog

A draw was prob a fair result - we didnt create enough chances bar the goal and the fact that Skrtel or Masher was MOM for their tackling and blocking tells the story of the game - lots of effort but not enough creativty
Benny The Noon

Postby Fauxy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Just got in , what happend with arsenals goal. Couldn't see feck all . Gutted in the end . Mascherano was boss and was coles tackle as bad as it looked (silly b@stard).

Reina grabbed the ball but only for a split second because Chamakh ran straight through his arms and made him spill it. Chamakh then hit the post and it rebounded back into Reina who couldnt push the ball away because of his momentum taking the ball over the line.  :(

Really really realllly unlucky!
Fauxy

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Battled well - ref had a poor game - mash showed how important a player he is - despite it being a poor ref desision it was a shockig choice from cole to jump into a tackle like that - outstanding finish from Ngog

A draw was prob a fair result - we didnt create enough chances bar the goal and the fact that Skrtel or Masher was MOM for their tackling and blocking tells the story of the game - lots of effort but not enough creativty

Erm we were 10 men and they were 11.. thats why I don't think we were creative
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:50 pm

fivecups wrote:WTF?

How did you....??

How the hell did you get back from the game so quickly? ???? ???

:Oo:  ???

Mistaken identity, mate?  I wasn't at the game today...it's a long swim from Canada. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Just got in , what happend with arsenals goal. Couldn't see feck all . Gutted in the end . Mascherano was boss and was coles tackle as bad as it looked (silly b@stard).

Fauxy's take on the goal is about right.  I think Pepe would have been better trying to punch than catch but he was clattered and it easily could have been blown up for a free.  The ball took a wicked deflection off the post and he didn't have much chance to push it around the post before falling into his own net.

As for the Cole challenge, it was not as bad as it looked but it did look bad--especially from Atkinson's angle.  I'm not surprised he was shown red, even though it was a tad harsh based on the actual contact.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Fauxy wrote:

Reina grabbed the ball but only for a split second because Chamakh ran straight through his arms and made him spill it. Chamakh then hit the post and it rebounded back into Reina who couldnt push the ball away because of his momentum taking the ball over the line.  :(

Really really realllly unlucky!

ffs thought it was something like that. Anyway we played well considering. Boss atmosphere there by the way.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Not a bad result given that we were down to ten for half the game.  Just a bit sickening the manner and timing of their goal, but that's football, we move on and it's City up next.

Definitely looked like a lot more enthusiasm in the performance compared to some of the dross served up las year.  Carragher was immense and so was Mascherano.  Stevie played well too.  I was impressed with Jovanovic, he's a workhorse and very competitive, I think the fans will take to him for sure.  All round it was a decent performance by us.

Cole's tackle was not a straight red, I don't care what anyone says.  There was minimal contact and no intent.  As usual it was a case of an Arsenal player screaming when tackled and making a meal of it, Wenger's teams have been at it for years but refs still haven't cottoned on to it.  The ref was weak and he was influenced by the Arsenal fans sitting directly behind the incident.

As for Reina, awful mistake, but that said the sun was directly in his eyes and it looked like Chamakh fouled him.  He also made the save of the century from Rosicky minutes before.  That was one of the best saves I've ever seen, yet watch the media continue to w@nk over Hart's performance yesterday and not even mention Reina's save.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redx » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Cant watch the match till MOD tonight, but 1-1 draw and we now have played one of our harder games, and got that out of the way,thats a small bonus.
Redx

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:00 pm

john craig wrote:He also made the save of the century from Rosicky minutes before.  That was one of the best saves I've ever seen

Me too, mate.  Absolutely had no business getting anywhere near that shot let alone tipping it over the bar.  Truly amazing stuff, which made what followed all the more gut-wrenching.

I was hoping dizzy Danny Agger was going to pop up at the death with a piledriving header to win it.  Or made Kuyt could have ricocheted one home off of his nads of steel.  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 pm

NANNY RED wrote:SUPPOSSEDLY  the starting line up for tomorrow is....

Reina, Johnson, Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Masch, Gerrard, Kuyt, Cole, Jovanovic and Ngog.

Torres is apparently in the squad but Poulsen isn't.

^^^ ERM COUGH COUGH  :nod

What was the time and the date  :laugh:
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games