MANCHESTER CITY vs LIVERPOOL - 3pm, Sunday 5 October

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:46 pm

Eh! This kuyt lad's not bad eh? :laugh: :laugh:

I was in Manchester Airport as the game finished and said to lad working there 'whats the score mate'?

I started to smile before he even spoke as his face lost its colour!! I havent stopped smiling since but need to read a few match reports.

Well done reds, thats how we're gonna win the league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:01 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Who scored the winner?

Kuyt?

:oops:

reminds of that little trickster and ball waster garcia

he did things like that! :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:07 pm

maypaxvobiscum

Postby Rimetto_ » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:21 pm

I think this is the game that will give the players the belief, to often last season would we have lost or drawn that game. And even when we went 2 down i still had the belief we could do it, both in heart and head. Seasons gone by it's been mostly in the heart but my head tells me we might just do it

I thought Hughes was very truthful about his views on the game, obviously he didn't come out and say "What a terrible tackle he should be banned for more games" but i think he said it in his own way :D

the thing i hate is the fact that Lawro still had to have a dig at our team not being good enough without Torres and Gerrard. Bearing in mind we beat the Manure without them. Is he bitter about not being picked for the Liverpool Legends or what ?
Rimetto_

Postby tonyeh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Liverpool beat Manure with two lucky goals, one of which was an OG. That's not something fans should be screaming about from the rooftops.
tonyeh

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:01 pm

tonyeh wrote:Liverpool beat Manure with two lucky goals, one of which was an OG. That's not something fans should be screaming about from the rooftops.

If it wasn't an OG it would of been smashed into the back of the net from the LFC player that was approaching Brown/VDS and that kind of pressure is what forced the OG, it wasn't some lucky goal that just happened.

And since when is a build-up lucky?  Our determination won us that ball, just like our determination won us this game.

And without a SG and Torres, it actually is something.  We have been heavily criticized (example United fans, Chelsea fans, Arsenals fans, and you.  Hrmm, odd) without them and the team proved that they can keep champions down to one (perhaps even scoreless if they were awake).
SupitsJonF

Postby tonyeh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:07 pm

There's no garuntee that Riera? would have scored in a follow up and Babel's mis-hit shot bobbled into the back of the net.

There was nothing terribly effective about Liverpool's goal scoring prowess in that match, even if they were all over Utd.
tonyeh

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:08 pm

tonyeh wrote:There's no garuntee that Riera? would have scored in a follow up and Babel's mis-hit shot bobbled into the back of the net.

There was nothing terribly effective about Liverpool's goal scoring prowess in that match, even if they were all over Utd.

Thats because we didn't have Voronin, not Torres  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby GYBS » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:09 pm

who cares we beat them . mny times in the past we have battered them yet they have won with a last minute spawny goal . lets not forget the two saves vds had to make from kuyt that day as well
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:24 pm

tonyeh wrote:Liverpool beat Manure with two lucky goals, one of which was an OG. That's not something fans should be screaming about from the rooftops.

You cannot be serious?  We're not allowed to shout from the rooftops after beating the Mancs--THE MANCS!!!--because we enjoyed some good fortune?  I'm not having that.  You beat your top rivals, you celebrate.  You squeak through to the group stage with a late goal in extra time, you celebrate.  You come from 2 goals back to win, you celebrate.  You sit joint top of table in October, you celebrate.  What the :censored: is the point of supporting the team if you can't enjoy the good times?  All the people that want to nitpick details and have a moan about what could have been done better are entitled to do so, of course, but there's still a fair few of us around here that like the way these season's panning out so far and we're going to say so.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:26 pm

good post bob
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Kuyt hit the horses arse with his banjo and i am made up by it, he works his socks off and scores important goals.

He is just not prolific in front of it but i'm not sure weither that's his fault or because he just doesn't play up front often enough ???
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:10 pm

supersub wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:I used to argue the toss with some fella years ago at the game over Toshack i couldnt take to him cause in my opinion he was :censored: with his feet, but i learnt to appreciate him an gave him credit when it was due.

Just as a matter of interest on the Toshack case....
John Toshack had a better goals per game ratio than Kevin Keegan, in fact Keegans scoring prowess was not as potent as you would think.

No argument on that for me on that one lad . Never new them stats by the way. But when he came i just couldnt take to him i didnt dislike him just didnt think he was our type of player. Coulnt play with his feet an seemed clumsy but as i said i learnt to appreciate him and he proved me wrong big time.
Similar situation with Craig Johnson done alot of running around but was never a prolific goalscorer. But the lads got hero status now. Kuyt reminds me alot like him.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:29 pm

tonyeh wrote:There's no garuntee that Riera? would have scored in a follow up and Babel's mis-hit shot bobbled into the back of the net.

Are you sure you're not a bitter in disguise :p
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:33 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

You cannot be serious?  We're not allowed to shout from the rooftops after beating the Mancs--THE MANCS!!!--because we enjoyed some good fortune?  I'm not having that.  You beat your top rivals, you celebrate.  You squeak through to the group stage with a late goal in extra time, you celebrate.  You come from 2 goals back to win, you celebrate.  You sit joint top of table in October, you celebrate.  What the :censored: is the point of supporting the team if you can't enjoy the good times?  All the people that want to nitpick details and have a moan about what could have been done better are entitled to do so, of course, but there's still a fair few of us around here that like the way these season's panning out so far and we're going to say so.  :nod

Well, maybe I'm not being tooooooo serious  :) , but I was just off of a conversation were someone had said we "slaughtered" Man u......and that's bollox frankly.

If babel had a straight knocked one in from 10 yards and the other goal was actually scored by a Liverpool player, then I'd be happier.

Was I happy when they won...too bloody right. But a post match analysis cooled me down.

Seriously though...I can't be the ONLY one on here that feels that way....can I?  :down:
tonyeh

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion