Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:07 am

:laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:29 am

heimdall wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
kazza wrote:A good day for the negative fans out there. They have something to shout about. :down:

spot on Kazza. Its as if those people enjoy this, dont understand it at all. As soon as we start losing its all 'I told you so'. w@nkers

Yeah but the sicker thing is that I think you guys enjoy us loosing even more so that you can prove to the worlsd that you are "better" fans somehow, becuase no matter how :censored: the team is you will support them 110% and it is never ever Rafa's fault.

Probably the most stupid thing ever posted.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:31 am

kazza wrote:Probably the most stupid thing ever posted.

I beg to differ Raffmaker said Roy keane should be our new manager  :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:38 am

Madmax wrote:22/02 the day that we lost the title ... :(

1991 when Kenny resigned or 2009 when Rafa didn't?

Poor display, very poor from the squad players brought in and not much better from those who generally don't get stick. Just four clean sheets in our last 15 games, three wins which were far from convincing in 2009 and that is probably the second trophy we won't be winning confirmed in less than three weeks.

Doesn't matter whether you're an optimist, pessimist or realist, the fact remains we aren't good enough and turning on other people's stances is hardly going to make any difference. Some people prefer to be pessimistic, makes failure much easier to bear with the solace that if they're wrong then Liverpool win, if they're right they can say I told you so. What do optimists have, beside pathetic digs at pessimists? Liverpool don't win the league AND they're proved wrong, built up expectations which then become misery and have nothing left but to have digs at others and all that for what? Nothing, nada, zilch, zero..............
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:23 am

kazza wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
kazza wrote:A good day for the negative fans out there. They have something to shout about. :down:

spot on Kazza. Its as if those people enjoy this, dont understand it at all. As soon as we start losing its all 'I told you so'. w@nkers

Yeah but the sicker thing is that I think you guys enjoy us loosing even more so that you can prove to the worlsd that you are "better" fans somehow, becuase no matter how :censored: the team is you will support them 110% and it is never ever Rafa's fault.

someone else who can see through heimballs negative sh!te.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:19 pm

The atmosphere yesterday was a joke again. You could sense the tension before the game when the team was announced.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:36 pm

kazza wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

No I stand by it actually, some of you guys love to demonstrate that because you can't see fault in rafa or the team and that we always apparently deserved to win that you are better fans, it's complete b0llocks, you surge onto these threads moaning about everything except the fact that we played :censored: or the manager screwed up (which I don't actually think Rafa did yesterday) well apart from playing Lucas again!!
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Lee J wrote:
kazza wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

heimballs I LIKE IT!!! How long did it take for you to come up with that pearl?

Here's a  thought and a challenge, try to actually post about football just once, all your posts seem to be attacks on other people.
heimdall

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:09 pm

heimdall wrote:
Lee J wrote:
kazza wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

heimballs I LIKE IT!!! How long did it take for you to come up with that pearl?

Here's a  thought and a challenge, try to actually post about football just once, all your posts seem to be attacks on other people.

jog on
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Owzat wrote:
Madmax wrote:22/02 the day that we lost the title ... :(

1991 when Kenny resigned or 2009 when Rafa didn't?

Poor display, very poor from the squad players brought in and not much better from those who generally don't get stick. Just four clean sheets in our last 15 games, three wins which were far from convincing in 2009 and that is probably the second trophy we won't be winning confirmed in less than three weeks.

Doesn't matter whether you're an optimist, pessimist or realist, the fact remains we aren't good enough and turning on other people's stances is hardly going to make any difference. Some people prefer to be pessimistic, makes failure much easier to bear with the solace that if they're wrong then Liverpool win, if they're right they can say I told you so. What do optimists have, beside pathetic digs at pessimists? Liverpool don't win the league AND they're proved wrong, built up expectations which then become misery and have nothing left but to have digs at others and all that for what? Nothing, nada, zilch, zero..............

I don't think people are being "pessimistic" at all Owzat. They're calling what they see in the majority of cases. They're going on the imperical evidence available, both stats and performance.

I'd call it realistic, not pesimistic.
tonyeh

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:56 pm

I have read a lot of the comments on here and think that there is fair argument on both sides.. However there sems to be two extremes, with mindless realism being just as silly as some of the mindless optimism.......

To be constructive, for me on paper the team we put out yesterday was not good enough.. We have a lot of players who look good when they can bask in Stevies reflected glory, or enjoy Xabi's distribution but when these players are absent a lot of our lads fall short. We can all blame Lucas, or Kuyt (who for the record for me is a must keep player), or whoever but the fact remains that the regular critisism that is levelled at us that we are a two man team is I am afraid correct IMHO.

There are too many squad players who are made to look good by our quality players, and we were quite lucky to get a point against a mediocre side.

The main point is though, that talk that we should be beating Man City is just pure cack.. we need to be comparing our team with Arsenal, Manure and Chelsea... And pound for pound, player for player we lose on points to all of them despite the fact that we are well above Arsenal and have beaten Chelsea home and away this year. They have better squads, and Manure have the best. I hate to say it but they do.. but why?

Why is because they have a manager who has always had the faith and backing of the board, who has been given money when it is needed, who has been lucky with youth players coming through but most of all has invested the money he has been given better than any manager in football history. Personally I am no fan of Fergie the man, but as a football manager he is beyond compare. He has spent the money, but always on quality. Over the last five years he has brought in Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Rooney, Vidic, Evra, and many others, The only bad signing he has made was Seba Veron! We have spent I am willing to bet nearly as much over the same time period and have invested in players not of the same calibre - in short quantity instead of quality. Fergie will always spend 30 million on a really world class player than 3 mediocre ones for 10 mil each. The result is that he has kept hold of his better players, built a squad and maintained it and that leads to each addition becoming just a part of a bigger machine surrounded by other quality players. We have bought ordinary players and surrounded them with the ordinary players we already had. The result is what we have now.

I am not blaming Rafa Benitez here either.. he has had a lot to put up with in the background and now is in a position where the money is just not there, but a lot of his signings have been poor. We can all name five players at least that he has brought to the club that were just not good enough.

I know I will be lambasted for this post, and this is not a love poem to the scum but a reflection on how WE used to do things in the 70s and 80s. We need those principles back.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:53 am

stmichael wrote:The atmosphere yesterday was a joke again. You could sense the tension before the game when the team was announced.

sad but true mate! what the feck was going on,whatever the team picked.(which was no surprise imho) the whole ground should have been up for it from the kick off- years ago the atmosphere would of got going 2 hours before kick off, but that's another story.

people may argue the players need to get going from the kick off to generate the singing etc- that again is sad for me, feck sake sing from the kick off, don't pay money just to go & sit in silence,boo & moan - oh i forgot alot of the so called fans of today don't know the words to the songs in the first place!!

so rather than look a complete kn0bhead they'd rather just slate every missed pass etc. (your right mate it was a joke again)
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:57 am

redhayesy wrote:
stmichael wrote:The atmosphere yesterday was a joke again. You could sense the tension before the game when the team was announced.

sad but true mate! what the feck was going on,whatever the team picked.(which was no surprise imho) the whole ground should have been up for it from the kick off- years ago the atmosphere would of got going 2 hours before kick off, but that's another story.

people may argue the players need to get going from the kick off to generate the singing etc- that again is sad for me, feck sake sing from the kick off, don't pay money just to go & sit in silence,boo & moan - oh i forgot alot of the so called fans of today don't know the words to the songs in the first place!!

so rather than look a complete kn0bhead they'd rather just slate every missed pass etc. (your right mate it was a joke again)

Ive been saying for ages now i prefer the away games than the home games, you actualy get the die hard genuine fans there
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion