MANCHESTER CITY vs LIVERPOOL - 3pm, Sunday 5 October

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:28 am

welcome back BM.

Ps mods, you can give him my card now (BM i was just holding it for you  :;):  )

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 am

is bam really bamaga man?? i thought so at first but then had my doubts. he obviously nipped off for a couple of weeks to get a few intensive spelling and grammar lessons.

you're like a new man, mate

:D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:38 am

Bam wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
tonyeh wrote:Liverpool beat Manure with two lucky goals, one of which was an OG. That's not something fans should be screaming about from the rooftops.

You cannot be serious?  We're not allowed to shout from the rooftops after beating the Mancs--THE MANCS!!!--because we enjoyed some good fortune?  I'm not having that.  You beat your top rivals, you celebrate.  You squeak through to the group stage with a late goal in extra time, you celebrate.  You come from 2 goals back to win, you celebrate.  You sit joint top of table in October, you celebrate.  What the :censored: is the point of supporting the team if you can't enjoy the good times?  All the people that want to nitpick details and have a moan about what could have been done better are entitled to do so, of course, but there's still a fair few of us around here that like the way these season's panning out so far and we're going to say so.  :nod

Have to agree Bobby.

I'm loving the fact we've started so well, its brought the optimist out in me.

I hate international breaks.  :angry:

wham bam thank you man

well thats what his women says
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Judge wrote:
Bam wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
tonyeh wrote:Liverpool beat Manure with two lucky goals, one of which was an OG. That's not something fans should be screaming about from the rooftops.

You cannot be serious?  We're not allowed to shout from the rooftops after beating the Mancs--THE MANCS!!!--because we enjoyed some good fortune?  I'm not having that.  You beat your top rivals, you celebrate.  You squeak through to the group stage with a late goal in extra time, you celebrate.  You come from 2 goals back to win, you celebrate.  You sit joint top of table in October, you celebrate.  What the :censored: is the point of supporting the team if you can't enjoy the good times?  All the people that want to nitpick details and have a moan about what could have been done better are entitled to do so, of course, but there's still a fair few of us around here that like the way these season's panning out so far and we're going to say so.  :nod

Have to agree Bobby.

I'm loving the fact we've started so well, its brought the optimist out in me.

I hate international breaks.  :angry:

wham bam thank you man

well thats what I think but i am on the 'other' bus

woofter alert
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Bam wrote:People will call it 'fickle' no doubt when your usually seen as a 'doom n gloomer' if the side isnt perfroming well. Then next being optimistic (not happy clappy  :D ) when the side are getting the results.

Not for me, thats part of being a football fan, the highs and the lows. We've wallowed enough in the negative aspect of our sides team for to long (and justified IMO). Although we still have known weakness's in the side, we can actually celebrate the fact that those weakness's and the team as a whole and even the manager are doing whats required of them. Thats taking the right steps in the right direction, and TBF we have, even if I do think Kuyt has all the technical abilities of a 'Sunday league rag @rse player, with a beer belly and club foot'. But credit has to be given where its due and hes working as an effective component in a well oiled machine.

Sure as the season goes on I will critise Rafa or certain players if I feel neccesary and voice my concerns about it when the time comes. But likewise when the team are performing like they are, taking nine points from games against Man.U, Everton away and City away they will get the credit and praise along with it, and long may it continue.

Plus its also nice to be part of the forum when things are going well.

Have to agree, Bammy :D ...there's nowt wrong with enjoying the good times when they come our way.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion