LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:42 am

Wonder what Rafa will make of the fans booing when Crouch was subbed instead of Morientes ???
Ive seen enough of this player now, yes he works hard, yes he was trying to get stuck in, but seriously he's becoming a joke.
Worst strike force I can ever remember us having for 34 years seriously.
Crouch needs a decent trike partner, but I worry that Morientes wont even be sold in the summer, there must be something in his contract that says he plays nearly every game for ninety minutes even if he doesnt score  :no
He will not cut it in the prem, and Cisse is a gonna also didnt even come on the pitch yesterday, dropped from the french squad.
Wonder how much we can try and recouperate for him  ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:26 am

Honestly thought that after having had a moan about our strikers they were going to make me eat my words and stick 3 or more past City ,but yet again after dominating a game we end up sneaking in with  just a 1-0 win . We have been playing some excellent football but once again our inability to kill off teams was exposed .In fact despite going down to 10 men you could argue that City were unlucky not to have sneaked an equaliser (although it would have been very unjust ) . Rafa was obviously concerned as with still six mins plus inury time to go he took of a sparkling Harry Kewell and put on Traore, all of this against at home against a team of ten men ! . It was probably the right decision  as we got the 3 points we fully deserved , but did that decision suggest that even Rafa didn't believe our stkers could score another goal ? or was it  just a case that he was content to play doubly safe and protect the one goal lead and the points it gave us ? .

I along with thousands of others  thought that when he elected to introduce Garcia earlier in the game surely it would be Morientes that would make way but instead MOM Crouch is taken off !!! Morientes did show one or two glimpses of his ability but for the most part he was once again his ineffectual self . Lots of runs but never actually anticipating anything . I honestly don't know what it is that prompts Rafa to display so much faith in Nando but I'm sure the crowds reaction to Crouch's departue will give him pause to stop and think.
Finally ,yet another game in which we racked up a cricket score of set pieces , are we just unlucky ? yesterday we had twelve corners and not a sniff from one of them . And I'm losing count of the number of stuffed up free kicks we've engineered this season .
In spite of the flaws ,we're right up there with Man U and at lot closer to Chelsea . Early days I know but looking at the next window I'm praying Rafa is given the cash to splash on 2-3 more players that will elevate us from being a very very good side to a great one.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:31 am

We were winning at home, and the gaffer makes his substitution, yet the crowd were booing once they saw the number called up to be taken off before they started to cheer again for Crouch as he approaches the touchline. You don't get that often at all at Anfield.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:33 am

We really quality balls into the box. Need to feed the strikers well.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:39 pm

stevemm wrote:
babu wrote:this guy sounds a lot like thomas88.  ???

im really a newbie
so plz don't make me puzzled with saying many things i do not understand

Oh sorry - I didn't realise you were backwards.

My mistake.  :blush:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion