Carling cup semi final draw - manchester city vs liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:09 pm

damjan193 wrote:The mancs play a home premier league match on Saturday and play against Crystal Palace also at home on Wednesday :laugh:

thats cos the FA are kunts and the mancs are kunts. all kunts together,
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:40 pm

I like to believe football is a fair game but f.uck me them Mancs get some amount of luck when it comes to these kinda draws.  Even in the CL last year they got Schalke in the Semi final.  They've only ever played 2 knock out ties against other English teams (Arsenal + Chelsea).  Sure we were playing Chelsea nearly every year.  Now this. And they've already played Spurs, City, Arsenal and Chelsea at OT this year
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:53 pm

jacdaniel wrote:I like to believe football is a fair game but f.uck me them Mancs get some amount of luck when it comes to these kinda draws.  Even in the CL last year they got Schalke in the Semi final.  They've only ever played 2 knock out ties against other English teams (Arsenal + Chelsea).  Sure we were playing Chelsea nearly every year.  Now this. And they've already played Spurs, City, Arsenal and Chelsea at OT this year

Its not luck. If I were Kenny I wouldn't take the game against Chelsea seriously at all, in fact I wouldn't even bloody turn up. The FA have made it perfectly clear that Liverpool's interests are not their priority, as they lie elsewhere.

F*ck em.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Think Kenny has got this spot on myself .

Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish today criticised the decision to play the League Cup Quarter-final at Chelsea on November 29th - just 48 hours after the Reds face Manchester City at Anfield.

Said Dalglish: "It is disgraceful in this day and age that players are being asked to play a key Premier League game and then a League Cup Quarter-final in London just 48 hours later. It's understandable with the Spurs v PAOK Salonika match and the TUC rally that the Met Police have said that our game cannot be played on the Wednesday. But it's surely the duty of the football authorities to think of other solutions which consider the welfare of the players and this clearly hasn't happened.

"Manchester City are in a similar position to us with their game at Arsenal and it's for them to argue their case, but it is my job to stand up for the interests of Liverpool Football Club. Here you have two clubs who have treated this competition with utmost respect over the years and they are being treated like this. I'd be interested to know what the sponsors think of the situation and what it does for the reputation of the competition.

"It seems totally irresponsible as well that the Quarter-finals are scheduled in the same week as Europa League games. If Stoke had beaten us in the last round and were through to face Chelsea then the tie gets rescheduled for another date - it's as simple as that. But when we ask the Football League to move our game to a later date, we're told it's impossible. Where's the logic in that? What would have happened if all four of the English clubs playing in the Europa League had got through to the Quarter-finals? If the Football League want to devalue their own competition, that's up to them, but they shouldn't then be upset if people use these games to help in the development of young players.

"We've also got the situation that both ourselves and Manchester City were happy for the League game to be moved back to the Saturday so we both had proper time to prepare, but again we are told by the Premier League that this is not possible either for TV reasons and just to get on with it. Ian Ayre specifically consulted with the Premier League who had some discussion with Sky, but neither were able to accomodate our position.

"The one thing I will say to our fans is to think carefully before buying tickets for the League Cup game because we do not want them spending their money and then we decide there is no other option but to use only young players in the tie."
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Kev_Shim Kevan Shimmin
#lfc & #cfc have agreed to play 11 ressies each in the forthcoming Carling Cup tie.Fernando Torres is looking forward to facing his old club

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:54 pm

I do want us to take the Carling Cup seriously cos its been awhile since we've been in a domestic cup quarter final.

But at the same time, I totally understand if we use 11 reserves just to make a point.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 pm

We should refuse to play on the grounds of unfair treatment,make it a big thing and HEY I bet they climb down, and if they don't withdraw from the competition,on the basis of the powers that be are kunts!!!!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Playing two games in 3 days is ridiculous. But seeing the 11 that beat Chelsea reminded me of our new strength in depth this season.

For arguments sake, lets say the same 11 start against city in the league:

Reina

Johnson  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique

Adam   Lucas 

Maxi       Kuyt       Bellamy

Suarez   

Then two days later our 11 against Chelsea could look like this:

Reina
Kelly      Carra    Coates    Robinson

Downing  Spearing Henderson Aurelio

Gerrard*
                        Carroll

* Stevie probably wont be fit, so swap him for either Sterling/Coady or anyone from the city game if they're up for it.

Now that's not bad...
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Funny how things work out sometimes isn't it?  Guess we won't be drawing Manure in the Semi's  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:37 pm

we've got city. home second though
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dundreamin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:38 pm

BRING IT ON!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby andy_g » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:39 pm