MANCHESTER CITY vs LIVERPOOL - 3pm, Sunday 5 October

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bam » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:29 pm

I used to argue the toss with some fella years ago at the game over Toshack i couldnt take to him cause in my opinion he was  with his feet, but i learnt to appreciate him an gave him credit when it was due.

Have to say Nan, thats how I'm now thinking with Kuyt.

After reading about Sachhi's influence on Rafa (the style of play) I can see the use for Kuyt.

BTW, Leon have you got that article ?

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:GET F.UCKING IN!!!!!!!!!!!! :buttrock

What a fantastic result after looking dead and buried at half time.  Whisper it quietly but we look like we mean business this season.  Made up for everyone of the lads that helped us claw it back and for Rafa for correcting things when Plan A went down the pan.  A great day! :nod

We're seven games in lad. Get a grip.

Benitez done his best to :censored: it all up again though didn't he?

Wonder what would have happened had we done the insanely stupid thing and actually kept the same side from the off?

Thank Robbie for Torres. Seriously.

As to why he felt the need to drop Keane and move Gerrard out of the position he's finding form in when the team's starting to play well is beyond me. He'll never learn, today summed it up for me and next time we might not get so lucky.

Made up with the result but for once i have to agree with stu , never drop a inform player and never change their position or role in the team , gerrard  . Keane and torres were starting to gel and keane got his first goal , than he chops and changes , good turnaround from the red men though

Not going to comment on your little rattle out the pram rant ?

For a mod , you clearly like starting flame wars don't you ?

Absolute disgrace  :no
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:06 pm

peewee wrote:kuyt was awful andy, but do you want me to say he was brilliant, maybe if more people say he was brilliant then he will be brilliant, is that what you are after or can i go on now with giving MY opinions. anybody who watched that game yesterday and says kuyt played well doesn't deserve to have their opinions respected in all honesty,

its nothing to do with taking the easy route, read the forum and you will see i dont just 'slate' kuyt for yesterday, but people seem to focus on kuyt comments because like it or not kuyt is an issue, he is a failed striker and he is a very poor winger, but if thats the standard of player you want in the team then dont be surprised when it all goes pear shaped

What a surprise!! :laugh:  :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:09 pm

peewee wrote:i think everyone is happy with the overall result nanny, i have not seen one poster say they are unhappy with it, so once again we have a poster trying to create a problem where none exists, even GYBS has jumped on this comment for another dig.

but this is a football forum and we discuss the game here, otherwise the forum would just be.

saint:  well we won, great result
peewee: yes great
Judge: super
Nanny: spiffing
GYBS: super duper
Lando: f*cking great
bigmick: fabulous

etc etc etc

we dont all have to agree or the forum would be as above, pointless.

actually ''stunning''
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:34 pm

peewee wrote:
stmichael wrote:i still can't believe gerrard whipped in a decent corner :D

it had to happen sometime   :D

he should be fined for beating the first man :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:48 pm

Fo Dne wrote:Benitez done his best to :censored: it all up again though didn't he?

He'll never learn, today summed it up for me and next time we might not get so lucky.

From the mouth that thinks Pennant should play instead of Kuyt......

why is it lucky when we win,stu!!!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:52 pm

Sabre wrote:Some members think that Reina could have done more. I agree, but not in the jump, nor the reaction, it was unstoppable, IMHO. I didn't like how he put and ordered the wall though.

Otherwise the shot of that one-eyebrowed cúnt named Garrido was accurate. I'm not sure if a better placed wall would have avoided the goal, but I think that wall wasn't well placed.

Do you still think he could have done more there? -- I'm not sure.

Review the goal

I was one of those that originally criticised Reina...... I thought he was slow reacting at the time. Having seen it a few times now, I still think he was a little slow moving his feet, but it would have had to have been a great save to stop it. Maybe the wall could have been better, but I still think it was possible to have saved it, however I won't blame him for not saving it now.
account deleted by request

Postby zarababe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:53 pm

some ppl just can't help themselves - there ain't nowt without a moan ... moan moan moan - I suppose we are 'lucky' to be joint top, have a best ever start to a season (for yrs), Torres being top scoring foreigner ever, Gerrard scoring 72 /100 of his goals under Rafa...

Gawd I'm moaning now !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:55 pm

To me it looked as though Reina showed too much of his left side of the goal to Garrido.  He seemed to be anticipating the cross to the back stick and dealing with headers.  Fair enough, with his agility it had to be a perfectly placed free kick to beat him and, fair play to Garrido, it was.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bam » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Reina never set up his wall properly and invited the shot on.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Owzat wrote:Believe it or not that is only our third win in the Premiership away to Citeh (P11 W3 D7 L2 F15 A12)

I'm not surprised to see that number at all.  We always struggle at City, which makes yesterday's result all the sweeter.

Speaking of stats, that's 5 away goals for Torres now this season.  Who says he can't score on the road? :D

Yeah, now he just can't score at home  :p

Seriously I don't think we need worry too much about Torres scoring home or away, but if we are going to have a season to remember he is going to be under tremendous pressure to repeat his feats of last season. I just hope Keane can lift a little of the burden by getting his fair share.
account deleted by request

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:36 pm

stmichael wrote:Incidentally, I f#cking hate Mark Hughes.

Even after Hughes saw the replay of the red card he was still making excuses, the manc sh#tbag. I hate these blinkered managers who can never admit their players are ever in the wrong. The tackle was an absolute disgrace.

I thought in the interview after he had softened his stance. Not sure what he said now, but i definitely don't think he was complaining after seeing it again.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1982 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Reina should have caught it and set up a counter attack :)
LFC1982

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Who scored the winner?

Kuyt?

:oops:

LFC2007

Postby desmdlow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:35 pm

I think this game show a glimpse of Istanbul... The character to fight back and i hope this game will act as a strong boost just like the Istanbul game but for league games.. See how we have the belief we can win the CL each season after that game.  Hope this game will lead us to have more self belief that we can win it...
desmdlow

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion