MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby premiership fan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:48 pm

Some clips from the game are online if you are interested http://redsgoals.blogspot.com/
premiership fan

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:51 pm

WTF?

I didnt even know we were playing today :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:WTF?

I didnt even know we were playing today :D

neither did some of the players  :p
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:32 pm

:sleepy:  :sleep  Well well well wasnt that just a brilliant game of football, City at home not even trying to score, havent scored at home since new year.
Why oh why are we so defensive away from home.
Typical Rafa statement We controlled the game bla bla we do most games but whats the point in controlling a game if we dont win it against sh1tty oppo.
Until Rafa takes the shackles off away from home against lesser teams he will never win the premiership.
Game was crying out for Crouch from the start, Gerrard didnt even turn up again.  :sleep
Its safe to say they have lost all interest in the prem now and are only interested in the CL, but we must beat Boro and Wigan this week to be in it next season, cant be finishing 5th again there is no guarentee we will win it again.
Better buck their ideas up.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:59 pm

yep. boring.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:37 am

This is why i think bellamy is so important to this team. If Gerrard has an off-day and if crouch is dropped....then our attack looks so bland. I can't believe how many here seem to be disappointed with bellamy's contribution this season and then have no comment on kujt :Oo: ........

I know bellamy is injured but if he had played....he would have done better against distin and dunn. Even when he doesn't score, at least bellamy runs at defenders (they hate that) and manages to pull them away..... This gives our midfielders a lot of space. But when kujt pays...he hardly does this......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:45 am

On the BBC they just showed Joey Barton laying the flowers before the LFC fans and their "Justice" flag.

Classy, very classy. That was a nice touch.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:02 pm

Nice gesture of their captain with that flowers. The LFC Crowd appreciated it.

Football comments later but I liked that gesture a lot.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:23 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Shi.tt.iest performance i have ever seen...
What were the game plan anyway? Were they playing to win or just to pass time? The Man City players wasn't even pushing us hard yet the team play like sh.it.

Was it the weather? The grass too long and too green? Wait it must be the sun, just too bright...Sheesh. Or the players afraid they get injured and missed out on Champions League games? Why let's not play at all... no play no injury. Is this Rafa's idea of a joke?

What we saw today is probably the problem that has been plaguing Liverpool for far too long. Lack of ideas, vision, individual flair and awareness.

I have been watching with disappointment that in every match we attack with forwards facing the opponents goal with their butts. Why do we always attack with our butts facing the goal? No one is making intelligent runs or able to make good defense cutting pass (not cross) or run. Is this what the coaching staff has been teaching the squad? No wonder we never really produce anything significant (youth players) so far.

We bought Gonzales because he can make dazzling run against defense. What a joke. He can hardly dribble pass a defender. Why can't we buy players of Ronaldo or even Giggs quality? Better yet produce one at the acedemy. It makes you wonder what they teach at the academy. To make matter worst he is not even a good crosser... sigh..

Seriously there is simply too many flaws to the existing players that need to be rectified immediately but yet you don't really see much improvement at the end of the season. Given the amount of time, even with 11 monkeys they could have typed out a Harry Porter book.

Each player must look at themselves and make the necessary improvement. The coaching staff must take blame for their lack of talents.

Sisoko - Lose the ball too easily. Cannot pass properly and lack awareness. What is the point of being able to dispossess others when he himself get dispossess easily? The net result is zero. Couple with the fact that he can't pass, he is more of a liability than an asset...
Gonzales - Already mentioned
Aurelio - improved from beginning when he can't even kicked pass the wall. Weak cross and weak kick. Need to put more elevation to the ball (spinning crosses). Not too much but the right amount needed.
Alonso - must be distracted by Real Madrid, not performing most of the time.
Gerrald- I think his performance last year was better
Pennant - Can't cross. All his hardwork to get into position is wasted when he crossed.. so why bother in the first place?
Kuyt - A big disapointment. As I have pointed out earlier, his first touches are too poor to be of a first class striker. Yes, he works hard. But then again so can everybody else.

If we seriously want to start challenging for the League, we must stop giving excuses. Only accept the best performance, everything else is unacceptable... totally unacceptable.

calm down mate go and have a wa.nk or summit

god help you if you supported everton
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:52 am

man city were the most boring home team I've ever seen(again, same as 2005). Anyway here some awful pics(from the posh seats)

got in too late for the banner

weary troops

match

Last edited by neil on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion