MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm

my highlight of that game was when it diverted my attention to the grand national to see my horse romp to second place  :cool:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm

PI5H
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby dward » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm

I don't care if the players are thinking about Chelsea. We haven't even definately got 3rd place. :angry:

How many points are Arsenal behind us?
Last edited by dward on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:59 pm

dward wrote:I don't understand why we are struggling in these games. This will be an extremely disappointing result. We're letting Arsenal back in the race for 3rd. :no

same against villa. we cant brake teams down who sit back, defend, not caring about possesion, they just care about getting a point. Its the type of game where you really need a ronaldo or a ronaldiniho to create something different.\

I know garcia is always seen as our mr elusive, someone who can create outr of nothing, but to be honest, i dont think he would have made a difference in this game. The only type of player I could see changing a game like that would be someone like ronaldo who could take players on him self, skip past 2, cut inside, then shoot or thread a ball through. not one of our players could do that
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:00 pm

dward wrote:I don't care if the players are thinking about Chelsea. We haven't even definately got 3rd place. :angry:

4 points
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:01 pm

dward wrote:I don't care if the players are thinking about Chelsea. We haven't even definately got 3rd place. :angry:

2 points
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:01 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:

4 points

Even after their win over Bolton?
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:01 pm

Is it 4 or 2?
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:02 pm

dward wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:

4 points

Even after their win over Bolton?

sorry it's 2

teletext not updated yet
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:02 pm

i honestly don't understand why we went into the game so defensively considering city have an abysmal scoring record at home. at halftime rafa should have realised they weren't a threat and gone for it. gonzalez was a positive move but he took pennant off and we lost the attacking momentum we were building.

another frustrating away game
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:02 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:

4 points

was 4 but they won and we drew
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:03 pm

oh dear.....sometimes senior benitez does make some strange decisions.
ah well, clean sheet i guess and at least in arsenal winning, bolton lost.
4th place is a certainty.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:18 pm

Today's analysis:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This kind of fixture, people, is where we need to improve on if we are to win the title. Shoddy, but I'm strangely not disappointed.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Shi.tt.iest performance i have ever seen...
What were the game plan anyway? Were they playing to win or just to pass time? The Man City players wasn't even pushing us hard yet the team play like sh.it.

Was it the weather? The grass too long and too green? Wait it must be the sun, just too bright...Sheesh. Or the players afraid they get injured and missed out on Champions League games? Why let's not play at all... no play no injury. Is this Rafa's idea of a joke?

What we saw today is probably the problem that has been plaguing Liverpool for far too long. Lack of ideas, vision, individual flair and awareness.

I have been watching with disappointment that in every match we attack with forwards facing the opponents goal with their butts. Why do we always attack with our butts facing the goal? No one is making intelligent runs or able to make good defense cutting pass (not cross) or run. Is this what the coaching staff has been teaching the squad? No wonder we never really produce anything significant (youth players) so far.

We bought Gonzales because he can make dazzling run against defense. What a joke. He can hardly dribble pass a defender. Why can't we buy players of Ronaldo or even Giggs quality? Better yet produce one at the acedemy. It makes you wonder what they teach at the academy. To make matter worst he is not even a good crosser... sigh..

Seriously there is simply too many flaws to the existing players that need to be rectified immediately but yet you don't really see much improvement at the end of the season. Given the amount of time, even with 11 monkeys they could have typed out a Harry Porter book.

Each player must look at themselves and make the necessary improvement. The coaching staff must take blame for their lack of talents.

Sisoko - Lose the ball too easily. Cannot pass properly and lack awareness. What is the point of being able to dispossess others when he himself get dispossess easily? The net result is zero. Couple with the fact that he can't pass, he is more of a liability than an asset...
Gonzales - Already mentioned
Aurelio - improved from beginning when he can't even kicked pass the wall. Weak cross and weak kick. Need to put more elevation to the ball (spinning crosses). Not too much but the right amount needed.
Alonso - must be distracted by Real Madrid, not performing most of the time.
Gerrald- I think his performance last year was better
Pennant - Can't cross. All his hardwork to get into position is wasted when he crossed.. so why bother in the first place?
Kuyt - A big disapointment. As I have pointed out earlier, his first touches are too poor to be of a first class striker. Yes, he works hard. But then again so can everybody else.

If we seriously want to start challenging for the League, we must stop giving excuses. Only accept the best performance, everything else is unacceptable... totally unacceptable.
Thinkpad

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:33 pm

Only one thing to say about this game....crouch should have been on from the start.

This game did not help the Mourinho jibe.

ok so that was two things.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion