Arsenal - liverpool. sat 5 april - Premier league, ko 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:49 pm

maguskwt wrote:why change the system when we've already tried 4-4-2 all season long and stuttered... crouch played very well today but I wouldn't change the system to accomodate crouch... if it was diego or van der vaart or david villa then yes... but not for crouch... not when with this system we've won 7 out of 8 games...

Take your point , ie if it's not broke why fix it ? . But on the other hand who's to say that a change in our approach for our third game in a week against the Arsenal wouldn't benefit us ? They certainly don't seem to like playing against Crouch.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Avi Cohen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
maguskwt wrote:why change the system when we've already tried 4-4-2 all season long and stuttered... crouch played very well today but I wouldn't change the system to accomodate crouch... if it was diego or van der vaart or david villa then yes... but not for crouch... not when with this system we've won 7 out of 8 games...

Take your point , ie if it's not broke why fix it ? . But on the other hand who's to say that a change in our approach for our third game in a week against the Arsenal wouldn't benefit us ? They certainly don't seem to like playing against Crouch.

That's fair enough, I suppose. Can't argue with that.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Avi Cohen was the first Jewish player in English football.

Except for Ariel Finkelsteinberg who played in the 1890-1891 season.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby VamosRafa » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:58 pm

I think the football we played today in the first half was some of the most attractive stuff we've played all season. Its almost criminal way in which Kuyt has been selected over Crouch this season, performances like today make me wonder, why he wasn't given a proper chance before the new system (which has admittedly brought good results) was thought up.
VamosRafa

Postby Thingy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:09 pm

Great result. Plessis played well I think considering its his first game and a tough one to play in. Fantastic goal by Crouch. 8 changes made but we could have won the game. The downside was yet again a goal conceded by a set peice. Overall, a good result.
Thingy

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Good game today im actualy dissapointed we didnt win cause we should of done . If that ball would have fallen to antone but Voronin we would have been looking at three points.

The young kid Plessis was my man of the match he never put a foot wrong must of been nervous as hell making his pre debut against Arsenal but it never showed great performance by the lad, Carra was his usual self and Skrtel played well also . Good goal by Crouch who imo worked well got his head down amd just got on with the job. Done well considering he hasnt figured for us, Lucas and Arbie had steady games no complaints

Nothing to say abar Pennant simple

A Few divers in the Arsenal team who we will have to watch out for on Teusday round the box.

Im gonna read the thread now and i bet yeh all them who were calling for Raffa to rest lots of players were screamin when the team was announced Why has he done that were gonna get murderd and he would have been slaughted on here if we would of got beat. By the same posters who were calling for him to drop players
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres 2007 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:09 pm

we  played  better than on wed Cl

N0-one on earth thinks arseaholes will prevail overall at Anfield.
Torres 2007

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Erm cant see no posts by Rock . Hiemdell or Legobarnes who couldnt give a sh.it if we lost this one.

Well we never   :laugh: And as for Hiemdell saying we couldnt get near there goal . Joke of the :censored: year
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:23 pm

You went didnt you Nanny? Im sure I read somewhere you where going :D  What where our fans like?
Thingy

Postby DonnieDarko » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:26 pm

It would be criminal not to play crouch on tuesday. He has always given Gallas and Toure fits. The problem with the 442 is our wingers are just such :censored:. We don't have any. I guess I would go with Kuyt and Babel. In the back Finnan Skytel Carra Riise. What a great result and I'm glad to see a youngster debuted today.
DonnieDarko

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:27 pm

Yari7 wrote:

Well, the system was poor agaisnt Arsenal and it's not a system we have had tested properly yet against top opposition (The Inter and Man Utd games were against 10 men) unless you count the Arsenal game on Wednesday.

We changed the system today, and with lesser quality, we fared much better against Arsenal.

we did not change the system today... it was still 4-2-3-1... lucas as plessis as the holding midfielders, riise and pennant as wingers, benayoun in gerrard's role and crouch as lone striker...

if we wanna play crouch AND torres we gotta go back to 4-4-2... and whenever I saw crouch and torres play together in our earlier games it didn't work... so yes it doesn't convince me
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:31 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Avi Cohen was the first Jewish player in English football.

Except for Ariel Finkelsteinberg who played in the 1890-1891 season.

:D

I thought you were gonna say something like " Manhattan didn't know we sold traore to the gunners"...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:32 pm

Thingy wrote:You went didnt you Nanny? Im sure I read somewhere you where going :D  What where our fans like?

Loud and in good voice  :laugh: bit gutted i wasnt with our supporters though left it late gettin me ticket and had to call a favour in so was sitting in the stands for this one. Actually not far from the dug outs. I was on be best behaviour for about ten minutes
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DonnieDarko » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:32 pm

This is my line-up:

-----------Reina--------
Finnan---Skrtel----Carra----Riise
--------Masch----Lucas--------
------Kuyt-----Gerrard-----Torres
-------------Crouchie!!!--------

Now that would be spectacular.
DonnieDarko

Postby Yari7 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:35 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Yari7 wrote:

Well, the system was poor agaisnt Arsenal and it's not a system we have had tested properly yet against top opposition (The Inter and Man Utd games were against 10 men) unless you count the Arsenal game on Wednesday.

We changed the system today, and with lesser quality, we fared much better against Arsenal.

we did not change the system today... it was still 4-2-3-1... lucas as plessis as the holding midfielders, riise and pennant as wingers, benayoun in gerrard's role and crouch as lone striker...

if we wanna play crouch AND torres we gotta go back to 4-4-2... and whenever I saw crouch and torres play together in our earlier games it didn't work... so yes it doesn't convince me

The system looked more like 4-1-4-1 to me with Plesis holdin and Lucas and Yossi ahead.
Yari7

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion