Liverpool two goals of Premier league record

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 17, 2013 11:17 am

Kenny Kan » Fri May 17, 2013 10:06 am wrote:I see Benny is getting on the nerves of everyone. Nothing new there then.

Benny, you are a troll.  :nod  Sod off back under your bridge.

Pot Kettle Black
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 17, 2013 11:31 am

Benny The Noon » Fri May 17, 2013 10:16 am wrote:Just got to hope that BR can tinker things to still get a good output of goals whilst ensuring we tighten up at the back

The tactics and formation have allowed us to be a bit more free flowing going forward but it leaves us exposed at the back

Needs to find the middle

i think he has (by and large) found the middle ground benny.
earlier on in the season we were very vunerable to the break (i know we werent playing our first XI but the league cup game at anfield against swansea was ridiculous, at times it was like a training excercise, 5 attackers to 2 defenders) but since then we have definately got our sh1.t together regarding flaws in the actual system.
what is letting us down still is our inability to do the bread and butter aspects of defending like defending crosses and set pieces. for instance look at the goals we conceded against spurs and chelsea at home, the spurs goals were caused by vertonghen outjumping our defenders and the chelsea goals were even more farcical, but that has got nothing to do with rodgers philosophy, it`s just bad defending.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 17, 2013 11:43 am

The stopping the crosses is a problem though and that's because the full backs are at times too high
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri May 17, 2013 10:43 am wrote:The stopping the crosses is a problem though and that's because the full backs are at times too high

no team is going to stop crosses coming into the box ben thats like saying you should stop all shots at your goal, it`s just totally unrealistic.
what you try to do is stop teams from getting in behind you and pulling it back from the byline but you`ve got no chance of stopping balls coming into your box if they are launched from a deepish position on the flanks.
anyway in the modern game fullbacks are attacking players and there are going to be times when they cant be in two places at once.
if you have center halves who can do the basics well (i.e head the f##king thing!!) then most of the threat is nuetralised.
the good thing is that we seem to be looking at the right type of player (like that papadopolous fella)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion