Liverpool FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 20/21

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:07 pm

Honestly thought I would never see this day again. And under the circumstances it will remain unique, despite not being able to celebrate it in traditional fashion. What an incredible manager and team. God willing I will be 81 if we wait another 30 years and don't want to chance that! Please kick on and repeat soon. YNWA.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:07 pm wrote:It’s all gone nuts by ours, car horns, fireworks, car alarms, house alarms, engines revving like *****......you effing name it and it’s ringing, clanging, banging and going off, traffic backed right up to the ground as well. Flags everywhere, must be about 5,000 - 10,000 making their way to the ground, maybe more.
Even the Istanbul celebrations weren’t like this (by ours at least).

Awesome, I'd say people can't help it, they have to take to the streets and let it out
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:42 pm

parchpea » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:07 pm wrote:Honestly thought I would never see this day again. And under the circumstances it will remain unique, despite not being able to celebrate it in traditional fashion. What an incredible manager and team. God willing I will be 81 if we wait another 30 years and don't want to chance that! Please kick on and repeat soon. YNWA.

Amazing. Hope everyone stays safe
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:21 am

Hey........

we finally ***** did it.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:40 am

Amazing work by the owners, manager, players, support staff, the people of Liverpool and all those around the world that support Liverpool and have supported them through the years. Was hard to see this happening in the days of H&G and frankly even when the new owners came in. What makes this monumental is that we have done it at a fraction of the cost of teams like City, ManUre, Chelsea and as far as I am concerned we earned it more than those mentioned teams as we built the team organically. We now have to band together and do it again because this great team is not done. We now have to concentrate on winning as many points this season to take the overall PL points total, this team deserves the record.

Thanks to the club for giving us this moment.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:33 am

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 19/20 - CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYBODY INVOLVED !! I honestly could not be prouder. I have supported the club for 55 years and in the first few years we were developing under Shanks and then came along the 70’s which were truly amazing. The 80’s followed and I really don’t think I appreciated just how good the team was. Winning the league and the European Cup simply became the norm and it was very easy to take all the success for granted. The last 30 years have certainly taught me to never take anything for granted. My children were born in the eighties and yes they have seen a lot of success but winning the league is something special and a memory that will stay with them forever. They were too young to remember the last time we won the league. I couldn’t be happier for our younger fan base who have have to suffer some really difficult times. Losing winning the league by one point to City last year was probably the worst of times and yes it hurt !!  During these incredibly difficult times I’m just grateful that I support Liverpool FC. Doing it the right way is a key reason that I will probably enjoy the success of this team as much and probably more than anything else during the last 55 years !! We have an amazing team and a phenomenal management team.

THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY AT LFC. THE TEAM, THE MANAGEMENT, THE FANS  BUT MOST OF ALL KLOPPO OUR HAPPY SMILING GERMAN !! Just get a new contract out for him now with a very long extension - he may just be in the mood to sign it   :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:47 am

Let all these sink in, then get back and break all the records. We shall aim for a PL/UCL double next season
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:07 am

Champions of the World
Champions of Europe
Champions of England

We hold those titles all in one season!

Get a beer, get ya BBQ fired up, get ya LFC flags flying, get ye tits out if it helps... but celebrate this moment people! History in the making!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:48 am

:buttrock  :buttrock

CHAMPIOOOOONS!!!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:34 pm

:buttrock
metalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:48 am wrote::buttrock  :buttrock

CHAMPIOOOOONS!!!

:buttrock  :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:08 pm

Not posted much in recent years but great to see some of the old names still around.

Just dropping in to say.... Getthef&&kinLiverpoooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We’re finally there and it brought tears to my eyes. I was 8 when we last won it and clearly didn’t appreciate it as much at that age!

Jurgen is simply a legend. And I won’t see a better Liverpool team in my lifetime. Very proud.

Special mention for Hendo. Written off a few years back as not good enough. I even doubted him myself. Now he goes down as a league and European cup winning captain. Will probably go down as a club legend and seems such a fantastic grounded lad too. Made up for him.

YNWA
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:11 pm

It also crossed my mind what Stu would have said about this Liverpool side. I think even he would have struggled to find fault and I wish he was still with us to enjoy them. Likewise Phil. He’d have loved this side.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:58 pm

JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:11 pm wrote:It also crossed my mind what Stu would have said about this Liverpool side. I think even he would have struggled to find fault and I wish he was still with us to enjoy them. Likewise Phil. He’d have loved this side.

:bowdown

I think both would have loved the fact we were crowned champions on the 96th minute of the City match, too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Don't get much time to be on here any more. But, it's great to finally see Liverpool win the league. It's been a long, LONG, wait full of excitement, 4th spots, disappointments and near misses.

The only shame is this poxy Covid nonsense getting in the way and there's no doubt that will be used against the win. But f*ck anyone who thinks that. It was already in the bag before the Coronavirus landed.

:buttrock

The battle now begins to retain it.

YNWA
tonyeh

Postby parchpea » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 pm

If 30 years teaches us anything it's nothing in life or football is certain. We love the game because it mirrors life in some way. To remain on top you have to evolve, look forward and not rest on laurels. Liverpool looked back for too long. I just hope we don't make the same mistakes again.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion