WIGAN ATHLETIC VS LIVERPOOL - Monday 08/03/10 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:42 am

The fact is we need a new manager, the players look lost and totally lacking in belief.
I don't think Stevie G has been right for most of the season, not necessarily fitness just 'attitude' I just don't see any inspiration from him anymore.
Torres in his first season was awesome, he looks a shadow of that player, I know injuries have played a part but he just seems to moan and whinge throughout the game now, in his 1st season he just got up and on with the game.

We couldn't even play simple basic passes last night and we have won 4 out of 15 games away from home, we don't deserve 4th place.

Whilst in my eyes Benitez needs to go you can't blame him for everything, some of the performances from so called top players last night was frankly pitiful. Outplayed by Wigan!

The Aqua saga has now reached epidemic proportions, we have little money to spend yet forked out £20 million on a guy who has been injured most of the season and now fit cannot get in the team AND when he does play shows little.

It's just a mess and I can't wait for the season to end, really don't look forward to going to the games anymore and I have had a season ticket for 25 years.
Sad sad days, the thing is it's no longer a surprise when we play like this. It's become a regular occurrence.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:46 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
heimdall wrote:I'm also feeling drained this morning, it's just so depressing. I always hoped we'd manage to sneak 4th, but last night was the final nail in the coffin. What I fear, and have done all season, is that it will lead to an exodus of players unless we get a new inspirational manager and injection of cash. I just can't see Nando, Stevie, Mascha, Reina etc hanging around if there isn't even the chance of playing in the Europa league. Yes I know Reina just signed a new contract but these days that means sod all. The body language of Stevie and Nando seems to get worse every single week.

Do you know what in a funny way I don't want us to fluke fourth. It will only serve to continue to rot next season. If not qualifying for Champions League means Rafa leave then so be it. I'm thinking long term.

I sort of agree mate.

Of course we all want fourth and to be in the champions league next season.
But if that means Rafa gets another season then for me that would be a bad thing.
I think it would be similar to this one.
He appears to have lost confidence and that has spread to the players.

Best thing for all concerned is a parting of company.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:02 am

NANNY RED wrote:First time ive seen Rafa fecked off like this , i hope he layed into them in the dressing room,

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news....cc=5739

Just watched that interview....
Somehow, I don't believe Rafa. I don't believe he has the nads to rollick the players in the dressing room....
I don't believe he has the character HIMSELF to get them going again...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:20 am

I'm afraid the end is nigh

wouldn't be suprised if he walks on Friday. :(
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:21 am

Maybe Rafa himself has given up on getting 4th he propbably thinks feck it I wont be here anyway, and a Europa League Cup will look better on my CV than 4th place in prem?

We seen the tinkerman again last night playing players out of position and trying something different that was never going to work, and it had stark contrasts with his first season here, and him throwing the towel in, in games before we play in Europe.

And players like Kuyt, Lucas & Insua will be out the door with Rafa if he leaves and they know it, but they are in our starting line up every single game, when players with more talent than are sitting on the bench thinking WTF because Rafa prefers workhorses over talent and its cost us big time this season.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 am

Ciggy wrote:Maybe Rafa himself has given up on getting 4th he propbably thinks feck it I wont be here anyway, and a Europa League Cup will look better on my CV than 4th place in prem?

Not even papers would suggest this, and you know that it is completely false. It was a horrible performance, but I really dont think that Rafa deserves supporters saying these kinds of things.

It really really was a dismal game. Had Torres put one in early second half, it would have been different.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 am

Espionage wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Maybe Rafa himself has given up on getting 4th he propbably thinks feck it I wont be here anyway, and a Europa League Cup will look better on my CV than 4th place in prem?

Not even papers would suggest this, and you know that it is completely false. It was a horrible performance, but I really dont think that Rafa deserves supporters saying these kinds of things.

It really really was a dismal game. Had Torres put one in early second half, it would have been different.

Yeah, but he didn't....and when he's been missing more games than not, nor has anybody done so in his absence....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:35 am

I was that annoyed last night that I was the closest I've ever been to throwing something at the big screen in the pub where I was watching the game and getting myself banned. That's how annoyed I was watching that last night.

Listen whether you are pro or Rafa isn't the issue here. What is unacceptable is players all of a sudden being unable to pass a ball to the nearest red shirt or putting in a decent amount of effort. Only Reina and Mascherano looked bothered. The rest were absolutely abysmal and our lack of discipline towards the end of the game was embarassing to behold as a Liverpool fan.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 am

Espionage wrote:Not even papers would suggest this, and you know that it is completely false. It was a horrible performance, but I really dont think that Rafa deserves supporters saying these kinds of things.

Ok what do you think Rafa prefers playing in Europe or the Prem?

I think he prefers European football than the premier league.

What would look better on his CV?

4th place in the prem or The Europa League Cup?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:51 am

ITS A FARCE....... and it all started with the pre-season tour!!  We´ve simply NEVER got started this season. Its like some kind of pseudo dream situation.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:55 am

Ciggy wrote:
Espionage wrote:Not even papers would suggest this, and you know that it is completely false. It was a horrible performance, but I really dont think that Rafa deserves supporters saying these kinds of things.

Ok what do you think Rafa prefers playing in Europe or the Prem?

I think he prefers European football than the premier league.

What would look better on his CV?

4th place in the prem or The Europa League Cup?

I was just pulling you up because I think that we both know that you didnt believe what you said, but ill humour you.

He likes both as they are important to the club (both bring in money for the club). If he picked one, I think he would pick 4th now.

Probably the cup, but Man City are not a small club anymore.

I hate knee jerk reactions, but I hate wild speculations during trying times even more.

Maybe Rafa himself has given up on getting 4th

Not by a long-shot
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:00 pm

Reg wrote:ITS A FARCE....... and it all started with the pre-season tour!!  We´ve simply NEVER got started this season.

WRONG Reg selling Xabi Alonso was one of the biggest feck ups rafa has ever made Im afraid.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:04 pm

The thing is to say he's "lost the dressing room" is too simplified. These are the same players whop were running through brick wall for the club in the Derby a few weeks back. Last night there were just too many players who didn't seem bothered at all and that for me is absolutely unacceptable whether they want to play for the manager or not.

And that includes the skipper aswell. Fantastic player but he needs to start doing it instead of thinking he's bigger than the Club all of a sudden. If he thinks that he can get lost.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Espionage wrote:
Maybe Rafa himself has given up on getting 4th

Not by a long-shot

Villa have 3 games in hand over us.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:10 pm

stmichael wrote:The thing is to say he's "lost the dressing room" is too simplified. These are the same players whop were running through brick wall for the club in the Derby a few weeks back. Last night there were just too many players who didn't seem bothered at all and that for me is absolutely unacceptable whether they want to play for the manager or not.

And that includes the skipper aswell. Fantastic player but he needs to start doing it instead of thinking he's bigger than the Club all of a sudden. If he thinks that he can get lost.

He just looks disallusioned.

Why would you think he thinks he is bigger than the club ?

He has had a poor season, that i will not deny, but you cant just make comments about him for no reason.

I am sure he doesnt think he is bigger than the club.

What i think about him is that he is f'cked off with what is going on around him.
Yes he is the player that should raise his game and lead us back into some form, but he is not superhuman.
Put a load of sh!te players alongside Messi - players with poor movement and see how he looks.
See whether he gets disheartened.

Sick of Gerrard getting so much stick after the way he has performed for us over the years.

Like i said i will agree that his form has been poor, but i dont doubt his attitude or commitment to the cause.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games